snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Fauxtography » Unicycle trick

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Unicycle trick
Airman520
Baby 100 Grand

Icon 05 posted      Profile for Airman520   E-mail Airman520   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
This video shows a man or woman on a unicycle while balancing plates on one foot, then kicks the plates off and they magically stack on their head. The stacking of these plates seem way too hard to pull off like this during a show...
Unicycle trick

Posts: 11 | From: Tucson, AZ | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
1958Fury
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1958Fury   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I seriously doubt real magic is involved.

--------------------
I believe I'm growing skeptical of cynicism.
Myspace NWN Board

Posts: 917 | From: Nashville TN | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
diddy
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diddy   E-mail diddy   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Its real, I saw this Stunt live on the season opener during half time at the Minnesota Timberwolves vs Sacramento Kings game (I don't remember the date off the top, maybe tomorrow). I was about 10 rows back from the floor.

It was an Asian Woman from a troupe of performers from San Fransisco. Pretty entertaining.

--------------------
W.W.F.S.M.D?
But this image of Bush as some sort of Snidely Whiplash tying the fair maiden to the railroad tracks is beyond the pale. - Joe Bentley

Posts: 2311 | From: Minnnesota | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
bigblu89
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigblu89         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah, I saw something very similar during halftime of a N.J. Nets Basketball game a few years ago.
Posts: 76 | From: Long Island, New York | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
nod
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nod     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've seen a similar trick, only the chap I saw do it did a tray, followed by a dinner plate, side plate, soup bowl, teapot, desert spoon and the finale, the teapot lid hooking on the spoon. It took him ages to perfect it and he practiced for 8 hours plus EVERY day. These professional jugglers have to work at it like any performer.

FWIW, a giraffe unicycle is easier to balance than a shorty - compare balancing a pencil on your finger to balancing a broom.

--------------------
Many a True Word Spoken in Jest!

Posts: 73 | From: Devon, UK | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Neffti Noel
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neffti Noel     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Neat trick, but fantastic wailing reaction from the guy nearest the microphone.

ETA - Just had to watch it again and I can't work out what he says... I think it's

"Aaaaaargh! Waaaaaaaaargh!!!! Oh my God! Oh My God! Oh my God! HEY! That was incrediblaaaaarglugrgggaaarrrgggg!"

The man on the unicycle owes him a pint. I am crying with laughter. Actually he's given me the laugh of the week so I owe him one too.

Posts: 1157 | From: Westcountry UK "It's Bootiful" | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cabus
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cabus   Author's Homepage   E-mail Cabus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've seen the same trick done by a girl in "30 seconds to fame" once. I thought it was incredible, but she didn't make to the second round.

--------------------
You can't spell failure without U R A.

Posts: 595 | From: Belo Horizonte, Brazil | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Kalle
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalle     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I think it would be rather hard without the stack of plates that's already balancing on the head, forming a "receiver" for the flying plates.
Posts: 39 | From: Sweden | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TuFurg
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TuFurg   E-mail TuFurg   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I saw a similar act at a circus but it wasn't such a tall unicycle- and the guy missed. And missed. And missed.

We were in the front row and I swear he was going to cry (although everyone gave him the obligitory "nice try" round of applause.)

Posts: 687 | From: Grand Rapids, Michigan | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
alicia
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alicia   Author's Homepage   E-mail alicia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
once, while i was waiting for the streetcar, i saw a guy riding past on a really tall unicycle, and i went to take his picture. right as i was about to snap his photo, he pulled a disposable camera out of his pocket & took my picture! i thought it was pretty dang funny. there are a lot of tall bike riders here in portland, but i doubt any of them can toss things onto their heads.
Posts: 131 | From: Portland, OR | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages