snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Fauxtography » Open van door forms risque messge?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Open van door forms risque messge?
Joe Bentley
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Bentley   Author's Homepage   E-mail Joe Bentley   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
 -

--------------------
"Existence has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it for too long." - Rorschach, The Watchmen

Posts: 8929 | From: Norfolk, Virginia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Freshman
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Freshman   Author's Homepage   E-mail Freshman   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
hmmmmm...it's possible.

--------------------
"High-Five!" - Borat

Posts: 1056 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TB Tabby
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TB Tabby   E-mail TB Tabby   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I once read a Bathroom Reader Article about a failed line of snack foods with the brand name "HITS." It failed because an effect like in the photo was achieved when the boxes were stacked side-by-side on supermarket shelves.

TB "HITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITS..." Tabby

--------------------
I like to go down to the playground and watch the kids run and jump and scream, because they don't know I'm only using blanks.

Posts: 942 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Richard W
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard W   E-mail Richard W   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The radio station exists...

There's a picture of one of their vehicles here, and another here (I think - on the left in "Waiting to start the climb") but neither is the one in Joe's picture. The photo doesn't seem all that unlikely, though...

Posts: 8725 | From: Ipswich - the UK's 9th Best Place to Sleep! | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
radiochicky
Billy, Don't Be a Hero Sandwich

Icon 98 posted      Profile for radiochicky   Author's Homepage   E-mail radiochicky   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah, that's real.

It's from a few years ago but I remember when it happened.

Funny because it wasn't our station! :-)

Posts: 29 | From: Nova Scotia | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Singing in the Drizzle
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Singing in the Drizzle     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Its also one of the those thing that you have to look at from the right angle.
Posts: 597 | From: Bellingham, WA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Class Bravo
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Class Bravo     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I was thinking the same thing. If you were viewing the van from a more perpendicular angle then the "S" would be more offset from the rest of the letters. You would still be able to make out the word, but it wouldn't be perfectly spaced as it appears in the photo here.
Posts: 918 | From: Southern CA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
RingKeeper
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RingKeeper     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Definitely real. The radio station is only a few years old, and this photo started circulating shortly after it first aired. Needless to say they don't have a van anymore.

--------------------
There are just some things a dog can't explain to a monkey.

Posts: 2529 | From: Newfoundland | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages