snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Fauxtography » Ghost car video

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ghost car video
Lawgiver
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lawgiver   E-mail Lawgiver   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I wasn't sure if I should put this here on in spook central. It's pretty much a video of a police chase but at the end, it looks like the car goes through an intact chain link fence.

Ghost car video

ETA: Some videos on that site are NSFW or NSFBSK

--------------------
I looked at my sleeping husband and longed to plunge my elbow through his peaceful face. ~ Annissa

Posts: 381 | From: Nashville | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tribrats
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tribrats   Author's Homepage   E-mail tribrats   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm betting someone has a serious paint-job ahead of them. Chain link fences are fairly flexible. That combined with a low car and those speeds, I'm betting they went under it. They are only tacked onto the poles with a very flexible metal strap or a piece of u-shaped metal. It looked like the fence was shaking when the cruiser turned to it. My money is on it going under.

I've seen cattle do it, so why not a car?

--------------------
Snopes is moving! Here's snopes' announcement.
Come here to re-register!

Posts: 2448 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
charlie23
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for charlie23   Author's Homepage   E-mail charlie23   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Or he went through a section that isn't shown on the video. It gives a pretty narrow field of view.
Posts: 156 | From: Varna, Bulgaria | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TuFurg
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TuFurg   E-mail TuFurg   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Could be either of the two but I'm leaning towards he just went under the fence.

Of course it couldn't just be "cool video"- it just has to be "ghost car" [Roll Eyes]

(And that eye roll isn't intended for the OP as I've seen the ghost car reference all over the place.)

Posts: 687 | From: Grand Rapids, Michigan | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Western Fallout
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Western Fallout     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I think we'd all rather believe it's some kind of unidentifiable phantom from the netherworld than some po-dunk white trash in a stolen car.

--------------------
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.

Posts: 348 | From: West Virginia, United States | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages