snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Fauxtography » Bigfoot Photos (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Bigfoot Photos
charlie23
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for charlie23   Author's Homepage   E-mail charlie23   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
And that was a new cordless. How do I soak the vodka out of this ?
Posts: 156 | From: Varna, Bulgaria | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Barns & No Bull
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 200 posted      Profile for Barns & No Bull     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by charlie23:

But I take the bigfoot thing somewhat seriously due to personal reasons...

Do tell.

quote:
It gives the real researchers a bad name.

What's a real Bigfoot researcher; and are these the kind of people that don't deserve bad names or sideways glances?

I mean, do obvious Bigfoot hoaxes create a public perception problem for real researchers because it may make the masses believe that there probably is no Bigfoot after all... while the real researchers toil and do what they do because they feel that there probably is a Bigfoot after all?

One might say that no amount of hoaxing (present or past) will be meaningful when Bigfoot is finally confirmed. The day that a grandmother creams the big monkey on the interstate highway is that day that all hoaxes become an amusing footnote in the science story of the century.

--------------------
Terrified, mortified, petrified, stupefied... by you!

Posts: 3157 | From: Illinois | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
charlie23

Icon 1 posted      Profile for charlie23   Author's Homepage   E-mail charlie23   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
What's a real Bigfoot researcher; and are these the kind of people that don't deserve bad names or sideways glances?

In my opinion, the "real" researchers are those who quietly spend their time following up on the dozens of sighting reports every year, collecting information and looking for the elusive proof. They aren't the ones who consistantly say "they have proof" in order to stir up media shows over what later turns out to be fabrications designed for self promotion. I won't name names but a little googling can go a long way to sort out who's who.

quote:
I mean, do obvious Bigfoot hoaxes create a public perception problem for real researchers because it may make the masses believe that there probably is no Bigfoot after all... while the real researchers toil and do what they do because they feel that there probably is a Bigfoot after all?
Yes, they do. The more hoaxes that get attention, the less likely anyone who has anything serious to say will speak up for fear of ridicule. And the less likely anyone will take anything published about it seriously, because "oh yeah, that's already been proven as a hoax..."
quote:
One might say that no amount of hoaxing (present or past) will be meaningful when Bigfoot is finally confirmed. The day that a grandmother creams the big monkey on the interstate highway is that day that all hoaxes become an amusing footnote in the science story of the century.

amen to that.
Posts: 156 | From: Varna, Bulgaria | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Major D. Saster
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Major D. Saster         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh - my first YOMANK - Thanks, Charlie.

--------------------
Desperate, but not serious.

Posts: 689 | From: Confoederatio Helvetica | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
lynnejanet
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lynnejanet     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Barns! Excuse me while I take the opportunity to hijack the thread, and welcome you back.

And just in case you're wondering, I have never claimed that a sasquatch picked up the front of my car in a wildlife park, nor that it swarmed my car or any other car, and vandalised it. [Wink]

--------------------
lynne"insert appropriate punny phrase here"janet

Posts: 1460 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
charlie23

Oh yeah, on the BEH thing...personally I consider Patterson a hoax (not that it means anything). He didn't invent the "Sasquatch", he just tried to cash in on it.
shifty rob
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shifty rob     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I think the photos in the OP appear to be of a person in a fur suit with another layer of fur layered over it. Kind of like a fur smock. When you're a bigfoot impersonator, you can never have too much fur.

Maybe the BEH is concealed under the fur smock?

--------------------
"They got a name for the winners in the world; I want a name when I lose" -Steely Dan

Posts: 480 | From: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Barns & No Bull
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 204 posted      Profile for Barns & No Bull     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lynnejanet:
...I have never claimed that a sasquatch picked up the front of my car...

Ahhhh... but Roger Patterson (the dude that filmed Bigfoot in 1967) did claim that. Or, did he say it lifted the back of his car?

Nice to see you again, LJ. A baboon tried to sell me a car door handle last month and I thought of you. [Wink]

--------------------
Terrified, mortified, petrified, stupefied... by you!

Posts: 3157 | From: Illinois | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages