snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Fauxtography » Creature of some sort

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Creature of some sort
Western Fallout
Deck the Malls

Icon 600 posted      Profile for Western Fallout     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I realize this video is hosted at a humor website, and I personally think the "Creature" is a normal human being in a mask of some sort. Nothing really to suggest otherwise. Tough to tell due to the poor quality. As for the glowing eyes, people's eyes often glow when surveyed with night-vision in low-light conditions. However, that's just my opinion. I don't know the story behind the video, and I don't speak Spanish (which is what it sounds like). Thought you folks might want to have a look.

http://www.yourdailymedia.com/media/1151057665/Strange_Creature

--------------------
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.

Posts: 348 | From: West Virginia, United States | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
charlie23
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for charlie23   Author's Homepage   E-mail charlie23   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Homeless person with mange, rather angry at being woken up at that hour?
Posts: 156 | From: Varna, Bulgaria | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Griffinsong
Lurking

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Griffinsong   E-mail Griffinsong   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That just looks like some regular guy to me, they approach looking at the back of his head and then he turns, and you see the eyes.
I don't see a mask or anything, just looks like some guy with a receding hairline turning around and looking at the cam.
It's the eyes that make the whole thing creepy but as you already said, that's not unheard of in those conditions.

Also this reminds me of another vid I've seen before, likely on here, it was quite similar to this one, and featured a little girl 'ghost' or something. I'll ETA if I can find that post somewhere.

ETA: Here it is http://msgboard.snopes.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/get_topic/f/43/t/001041.html#000000

Posts: 3 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pseudo_Croat
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pseudo_Croat   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pseudo_Croat   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'd have to say that is definitely a dressed-up human actor (maybe a friend of the filmer's), but how do you get a person's eyes to shine like that?

- Pseudo_Croat

--------------------
"At all events, people who deny the influence of smaller nations should remember that the Croats have the rest of us by the throats." - Norman Davies, Europe: A History

God wants spiritual fruits, not religious nuts.

Posts: 4578 | From: Sunrise, FL | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Alex Buchet
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alex Buchet   E-mail Alex Buchet       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Human eyes don't shine like that. However, mirror contact lenses do.
Posts: 202 | From: Paris, France | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lemon Demon
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lemon Demon   E-mail Lemon Demon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have to say, I really didn't see anything except a glimpse of eyes.

--------------------
"Realizing that one could Time Travel within his own liftime, Dr. Sam Becket stepped into the Quantum leap accelerator...and Vanished."-Quantum Leap

Posts: 44 | From: Cameron Park, CA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brad from Georgia
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brad from Georgia   Author's Homepage   E-mail Brad from Georgia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Fox with mange. I don't know if it's homeless or not.

--------------------
"No hard feelin's and HOPpy New Year!"--Walt Kelly
Hear what you're missing: ARTC podcasts! http://artcpodcast.org/

Posts: 7581 | From: Gainesville, Georgia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TuFurg
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TuFurg   E-mail TuFurg   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pseudo_Croat:
definitely a dressed-up human actor

Glad you clarified that. [Wink]
Posts: 687 | From: Grand Rapids, Michigan | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Western Fallout
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Western Fallout     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I believe this has something to do with the "Fallen Angel" videos that were said to have taken place in Amsterdam. One site said this video was shot by locals somewhere in Spain who were investigating paranormal activity. It was also alleged they found a pair of severed wings nearby. In the videos from Amsterdam, it's roughly the same thing.

Here is the first Amsterdam video. And here is the other. Of course, the footage is grainy and leaves a lot to be desired. My guess? Some type of viral advertising for an upcoming movie or book or something equally unspectiful.

--------------------
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.

Posts: 348 | From: West Virginia, United States | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Joseph Z
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joseph Z   E-mail Joseph Z   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I would have thought this would be from Ghost Hunters show but I never seen the show.

I can perfectly see that this is a bald man and his eyes are reflected from the lights using special contact lenses.

Much as when you shine a light at the cat's eyes, the cat's eyes glow.

--------------------
Joseph Z

Posts: 1356 | From: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Chickee Daizy
Live and Let Madai

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chickee Daizy     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
When using nightvision, eyes will shine like that. I have nightvision on my camcorder, and once it accidently got turned on while I was taping my son, and it took me a minute to figure out why his eyes looked so weird.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkies...They don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Posts: 907 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Xia
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xia   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yep, that happens with night vision. If you want to see some examples of it just watch one of those "ghost hunter" TV shows that uses night vision lenses a lot.

--------------------
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Posts: 2110 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Floater
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Floater   Author's Homepage   E-mail Floater   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Looks like an opossum to me (with or without mange).

--------------------
Små hönor skall inte lägga stora ägg för då blir de slarviga i ändan

Posts: 1334 | From: Sweden | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages