snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Fauxtography » 911 photographic authenticity

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 911 photographic authenticity
booyah
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for booyah         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
this post is in reference to the following url address.

http://www.911studies.com/911photostudies1.htm

page3-4 = lawn mower marks imo
page5-7 = guard rail doesn't look like a guard rail, looks more like a temporary fence commonly found around many construction zones.
page8 = telephone pole is probably within 8 feet of the road. I dont know what the eavesment is, but the pole is probably closer to the road than it is that sidewalk.
page18a = sidewalk is on the pentagon side of truck, surprise, a truck with wheels and an engine moved. Surprise, a light weight part of the jet is moved by a person to a more remote location that's out of the way of fighting a fire.

all of the others and the stuff with the jeep/cars is confusing and I pretty much need those photos explained to me.
TIA,
-booyah

Posts: 1 | From: Savannah, Georgia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrekkerScout
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrekkerScout     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Jack White has been debunked so many times, he's hardly worth writing about anymore. His rantings about the JFK assassination "cover-up" and the "faked" Apollo moon landings are the stuff of legends. Here is just one of many sites that explain just how wrong Jack White is: http://www.clavius.org/jackwhite.html.
Posts: 306 | From: Tacoma, WA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
patriot1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for patriot1   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
This is just someone who craves attention, and literally has waaaay too much time on his hands. If he's so good, put the effort into worthwhile projects, not this crap.

--------------------
"Pray....one for another." JAMES 5:16 NKJV

Posts: 26 | From: Wayne, Michigan | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Singing in the Drizzle
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Singing in the Drizzle     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The guy is a idiot or does alot to make something out of nothing for attentions. Most like its both. I could easly explain most of the problem he had with the photes and not even think about it to much.
Posts: 597 | From: Bellingham, WA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Adelaide
Remembrances of Things Bass

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adelaide   E-mail Adelaide   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TrekkerScout:
His rantings about the JFK assassination "cover-up" and the "faked" Apollo moon landings are the stuff of legends.

But the moon landings were faked! I can't believe that any one who examines the pictures on this site could come to any other conclusion.

--------------------
Natural selection is a beguiling counterfeiter of deliberate purpose. - Richard Dawkins

Posts: 620 | From: Alaska | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
blucanary
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blucanary   Author's Homepage   E-mail blucanary   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That was hilarious Adelaide.

--------------------
I would add my signature but the pen won't write on the screen.

Posts: 458 | From: Maryland | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TuFurg
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TuFurg   E-mail TuFurg   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow... something tells me that dude has alot of cats... [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 687 | From: Grand Rapids, Michigan | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tribrats
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tribrats   Author's Homepage   E-mail tribrats   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have an uncanny ability to manipulate images in my head from just a picture (and even more so if I can see 2 different angles- I have drawn very accurate overheads from just 2-3 flat pics taken from 2 different angles)) and in my unprofessional opinion, this quack has absolutly no clue about perspective. Anyone worth their salt about photography knows that even a 5' difference in angle of shoot can make the same scene look completely different. Heat (like from a fire) can distort what you are looking at to the point of not knowing for sure where something really is- much like a mirage.

--------------------
Snopes is moving! Here's snopes' announcement.
Come here to re-register!

Posts: 2448 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pseudo_Croat
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 98 posted      Profile for Pseudo_Croat   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pseudo_Croat   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Adelaide:
But the moon landings were faked! I can't believe that any one who examines the pictures on this site could come to any other conclusion.

You almost OMANK there, Adelaide! You should thank God you didn't, because chocolate soymilk is awful hard to clean off a keyboard and monitor.

- Pseudo "moonstruck" Croat

--------------------
"At all events, people who deny the influence of smaller nations should remember that the Croats have the rest of us by the throats." - Norman Davies, Europe: A History

God wants spiritual fruits, not religious nuts.

Posts: 4578 | From: Sunrise, FL | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Singing in the Drizzle
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Singing in the Drizzle     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
tribrats,
If you manage to go thru enought pages of his garbage. I will start to see pictures that easly explain the problems he was having with earlier pictures.

One example of this that I remember. The rusted and non-rusted guard rail in two picture taken from similar angles. Later there is a picture of the same area that shows 2 gaurd rails about 20 to 30 feet apart. The furthest for the building is rusted and the closer is not. So one picture was taken closer to the biulding and the rusty gaurd rail was outside the frame. The other picture with far enough back that the rusty gaurd rail blocked the non-rusty rail from the picture. To add to this. In earlier pictures these are the same two gaurd rails he keeps pointing out as not being in some pictures.

Posts: 597 | From: Bellingham, WA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jason Threadslayer
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason Threadslayer     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
pg 1:

quote:
Fully loaded with thousands of gallons of jet fuel, four Boeing airliners are alleged to have crashed at three different sites...
Airlines do not fully load their planes with fuel. They put in enough for full trip plus enough to go on to at least one backup airport plus 45 minutes.

It is thousands of gallons, though. For a Boeing 767 flying from NY to SF, it's 7000 gallons (Patrick Smith, Ask the Pilot, pg 53ff).

--------------------
All posts foretold by Nostradamus.

Turing test failures: 6

Posts: 5481 | From: Decatur, GA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Singing in the Drizzle
Jingle Bell Hock

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Threadslayer:
pg 1:

quote:
Fully loaded with thousands of gallons of jet fuel, four Boeing airliners are alleged to have crashed at three different sites...
Airlines do not fully load their planes with fuel. They put in enough for full trip plus enough to go on to at least one backup airport plus 45 minutes.

It is thousands of gallons, though. For a Boeing 767 flying from NY to SF, it's 7000 gallons (Patrick Smith, Ask the Pilot, pg 53ff).

Not quite true. On internation fights it maybe cheaper to fulling fuel the airplane so that it has enough for the return flight. The fuel prices in other country can be high enought to justify the cost of caring enough fuel for the return trip.
tribrats
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tribrats   Author's Homepage   E-mail tribrats   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Singing in the Drizzle:
tribrats,
If you manage to go thru enought pages of his garbage. I will start to see pictures that easly explain the problems he was having with earlier pictures.

One example of this that I remember. The rusted and non-rusted guard rail in two picture taken from similar angles. Later there is a picture of the same area that shows 2 gaurd rails about 20 to 30 feet apart. The furthest for the building is rusted and the closer is not. So one picture was taken closer to the biulding and the rusty gaurd rail was outside the frame. The other picture with far enough back that the rusty gaurd rail blocked the non-rusty rail from the picture. To add to this. In earlier pictures these are the same two gaurd rails he keeps pointing out as not being in some pictures.

I love his bull about the monuments in the background (yeah, I've looked at a lot of his pages). He proves himself wrong with those right there. If you compare the angles on his own map and figure the correct angles in the pics, they line up perfectly!

My Dad has some old slides of us sledding. One he took standing and one kneeling. Same exact spot but only a very slight difference in height. In the kneeling one, you would think we are on a flat field. In the standing one, you can clearly see the top of the house and barn down in the little valley between the 2 hills and the top of the hill behind us. Not big hills but just enough to give that illusion.

--------------------
Snopes is moving! Here's snopes' announcement.
Come here to re-register!

Posts: 2448 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mystara
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystara     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I actually live quite close to the Pentagon, I'm not even 5 minutes away by car.

I have seen where the triage was done.

The triage was not done in the place that Jack White claims, because if it were then that means rescuers would have to climb the rail there. The rail is there because there is a drop off at that location. It was actually done on the OTHER side of the Helipad. Which is just a slight bit south of the site of impact. The over head views show clearly where the sidewalk runs through without a rail.

The differentiation between helicopter landing warnings is quite elementary. There exists 4 of them, one on each side of the pad. The one closest to the street is next to the rail and pole. The one with the "missing" pole is on the southern end of the helipad.

This gentleman is clearly a crackpot, as the folks at NASA have claimed. He doesn't take in account the time frame of the photos, as if they were all taken simultaneously, or the fact that vehicles are designed to move around. The rescue vehicles were continuously moving around.

This man needs serious psychiatric help. The part that makes me ashamed is that there will be someone out there that believe this guy.

--------------------
Dad, what are books?
Look it up on the internet son.

Posts: 66 | From: Washington, D.C. | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
usbunch

Icon 1 posted      Profile for usbunch     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I was there in rm 3D765, and Jack White is an idiot. And What Green Berets? Those were just regular soldiers.
Posts: 7 | From: Orlando, Florida | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages