snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Fauxtography » Ipod Chihuahua

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ipod Chihuahua
Xia
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 221 posted      Profile for Xia   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
This does not look real to me for some reason I can't put my finger on.
I'm not saying it couldn't be done, but it looks 'shopped to me... What do you think?

-

Text:
"Kimmy from San Diego pimped out her pooch by creating this iPod doggie-jacket for her Chihuahua. It carries the iPod and speakers so that she can listen to her toonz while walking through Balboa Park."

Where I found it: http://www.doggienews.com/2006/05/icheewawa.htm#comments

--------------------
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Posts: 2110 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
t_chelle16
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for t_chelle16     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The lighting & angles on the ipod, speaker and bow don't even come close to matching the dog. Plus, here's the original photo of the dog (link because it's a huge pic):
http://pics.hoobly.com/full/84RKUXK5NXVT.jpg

Posts: 15 | From: Kansas City, Missouri | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
charlie23
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for charlie23   Author's Homepage   E-mail charlie23   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
not only is it shopped, they used "drop shadow" on the layer rather than the burn tool. Very amateur.
Posts: 156 | From: Varna, Bulgaria | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ganzfeld
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ganzfeld     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by t_chelle16:
[...]Plus, here's the original photo of the dog (link because it's a huge pic):
http://pics.hoobly.com/full/84RKUXK5NXVT.jpg

I don't see how they photoshopped that iPod and ribbon out of the picture so well. Excellent job. [fish]
Posts: 4922 | From: Kyoto, Japan | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
IZaNaMI

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IZaNaMI   E-mail IZaNaMI   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ouch that is one cheap photoshop job
Posts: 17 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Joseph Z
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joseph Z   E-mail Joseph Z   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
There is no reason to doubt that this photo is genuine but staged I can see. I would find using your pet in a silly nonsense useful for a few minutes as long as the dog is in no danger of being cruelty to animals.

--------------------
Joseph Z

Posts: 1356 | From: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
WonkoTheSane
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WonkoTheSane     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Joseph Z:
There is no reason to doubt that this photo is genuine but staged I can see. I would find using your pet in a silly nonsense useful for a few minutes as long as the dog is in no danger of being cruelty to animals.

There are a ton of reasons to doubt that this photo is real; just look at it. The hard edges of the dropped-in items, the suspicious lack of a shadow on the dog's neck under the cartoonish bow... not to mention the comparison with what appears to be the original photo. Just because a picture is easy to stage, doesn't mean it was.

Wonko "Oh, and I vote obviously, horribly 'shopped" the Sane

--------------------
"It seemed to me that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilzation in which I could live and stay sane."

Posts: 1462 | From: Outside the Asylum (Massachusetts) | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TuFurg
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TuFurg   E-mail TuFurg   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Joseph Z:

Edited because I see Wonko also pointed out the fact that the original photo has been posted. Other than that there's no question regarding the lighting.. not even decent Worth1K material IMO.
Posts: 687 | From: Grand Rapids, Michigan | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lemon Demon

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lemon Demon   E-mail Lemon Demon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My kind of pup. [Smile]
but, yeah, shopped.

--------------------
"Realizing that one could Time Travel within his own liftime, Dr. Sam Becket stepped into the Quantum leap accelerator...and Vanished."-Quantum Leap

Posts: 44 | From: Cameron Park, CA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Troberg
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troberg     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It's not even funny, they should have made an iPoodle. [fish]

--------------------
/Troberg

Posts: 4360 | From: Borlänge, Sweden | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages