snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Fauxtography » Pickler's Pubes? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Pickler's Pubes?
alicia
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alicia   Author's Homepage   E-mail alicia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
it's painfully obvious to me that it is a shadow. pubic hair looks like pubic hair, not a shadow. i'm quite sure you'd be able to tell if it were pubic hair.

i did a google search and here are some similar examples of shadows in the same area, and/or pictures that illustrate the shape of a woman's pelvic area: (NSFW)

http://costumegoddess.com/dina_hndkrchf_cu.jpg

http://pequenafada.blogs.sapo.pt/arquivo/Hips.jpg

http://www.michael-patrick.com/Jasmine.stretch.jpg

http://users.telenet.be/thomasweynants/images/culturephysique/extra/Nude-posing-01-dr.jpg

seriously, i'm kind of dumbfounded that there is even a question. it's so obviously a shadow that it blows my mind that people could look at it for more than a split second and think it was anything else.

quote:
If it is so dark a shadow, darker than the shadow caused be her breasts, dark enough to be mistaken for pubic hair, shouldn't her stomach stick out much more?

no, her stomach is obviously just shaped like that. even when i am very thin, i still have a small amount of belly fat that sits right there on my stomach, i'm sure there are plenty of other people whose bellies do the same thing.
Posts: 131 | From: Portland, OR | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jason Threadslayer
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason Threadslayer     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Zoom in -- it looks like a shadow!

ETA: Thinking about how that sounds in the context... ewww.

--------------------
All posts foretold by Nostradamus.

Turing test failures: 6

Posts: 5481 | From: Decatur, GA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
paisley claus
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paisley claus     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Squishy0405:
Reminds me of the goatee and screws in the head joke...anyone got that one?

Well, since you asked... [Smile]

A woman goes to visit her doctor because she wants a face lift; her skin has gotten saggy with age.

So the doctor implants two screws in the side of her neck and says to tighten them once a day, and NO MORE. He says this will eventually firm up her face without the face lift surgery.

So she goes home with her new screws and does as he instructs. Except she is impatient with the process and wants to see immediate results, so she tightens the screws twice a day.

Two weeks later, she's in the doctor's office for a follow up, and she tells him about these two zits on her cheeks that have shown up since her last visit.

The doctor leans in and examines her a little closer, then he suddenly realizes the problem:
"Damn lady, those are your nipples, and if you keep tightening those screws so much you're going to have a goatee!!"

[Big Grin] I learned this one compliments of my dad, of course!

--------------------
"Oh, now we're going to start judging each other on things we've done?? Real fair!"

Posts: 1114 | From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
annabohly
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annabohly   E-mail annabohly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by paisley:
quote:
Reminds me of the goatee and screws in the head joke...anyone got that one?

Well, since you asked... [Smile]

A woman goes to visit her doctor because she wants a face lift; her skin has gotten saggy with age.

So the doctor implants two screws in the side of her neck and says to tighten them once a day, and NO MORE. He says this will eventually firm up her face without the face lift surgery.

So she goes home with her new screws and does as he instructs. Except she is impatient with the process and wants to see immediate results, so she tightens the screws twice a day.

Two weeks later, she's in the doctor's office for a follow up, and she tells him about these two zits on her cheeks that have shown up since her last visit.

The doctor leans in and examines her a little closer, then he suddenly realizes the problem:
"Damn lady, those are your nipples, and if you keep tightening those screws so much you're going to have a goatee!!"

[Big Grin] I learned this one compliments of my dad, of course!

YOMANK [lol] [lol]

--------------------
And always remember....when life hands you Lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over !!!!!

Posts: 521 | From: St. Louis, MO | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TuFurg
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TuFurg   E-mail TuFurg   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Turban Man:
Alright, I'm going to bring up a new idea here and suggest that maybe that isn't actually Kellie in the photograph. I odnt know why bt the face seems a little blurry and it doesnt really look like her. It could just be because shes younger but who knows. Anybody think that?

Isn't she 19 or so now? How much younger do you think she is in the photo? That is, if you're even being serious... not sure.
Posts: 687 | From: Grand Rapids, Michigan | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Squishy0405
Wii Wiish You A Merry Chriistmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Squishy0405   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squishy0405   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I didn't catch how old she is? When was this prom? Dresses like that are banned now.

--------------------
"Fate is like a strange, unpopular resturant, filled with odd waiters who bring you things you never ask for and don't always like."-Lemony Snicket

Posts: 1119 | From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Astra
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 87 posted      Profile for Astra     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I didn't catch how old she is? When was this prom? Dresses like that are banned now.

Uh, you really can't just assume that. Dress codes vary from school to school, what is acceptable at one might not be somewhere else. Look in any prom dress catalog - I've seen MUCH worse.

--------------------
This has been yet another... USELESS POST.

Posts: 6105 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
candycane from strangers
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candycane from strangers   Author's Homepage   E-mail candycane from strangers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
posted by Astra
Look in any prom dress catalog - I've seen MUCH worse.

Like this perhaps?

--------------------
Me: "He's 19? Uh oh, I bought him a beer."
A: "You contributed to the deliquency of a minor in drag!"
"Sweet spell check: keeping drunks off the radar since 1995."- IND
God Re-Animate Green Pork Bush

Posts: 3986 | From: Illinois, jealous? | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Astra
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 87 posted      Profile for Astra     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by candy from strangers:
quote:
posted by Astra
Look in any prom dress catalog - I've seen MUCH worse.

Like this perhaps?
Well, that did come to mind, even though she's wearing it backwards

ETA: I see the dress came from Impression Bridal. I recall the name from recent bridal catalogs where their dress ads featured brides with naked men. Rather creepy. They also seem to have an awful lot of formal gowns that appear to be geared toward skanky girls and/or drag queens with bad taste.

--------------------
This has been yet another... USELESS POST.

Posts: 6105 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
candycane from strangers
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candycane from strangers   Author's Homepage   E-mail candycane from strangers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That's a relief, though the front is still bad.

--------------------
Me: "He's 19? Uh oh, I bought him a beer."
A: "You contributed to the deliquency of a minor in drag!"
"Sweet spell check: keeping drunks off the radar since 1995."- IND
God Re-Animate Green Pork Bush

Posts: 3986 | From: Illinois, jealous? | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
mairzydotes
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mairzydotes   Author's Homepage   E-mail mairzydotes   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow, that is the sluttiest prom dress I've ever seen.

--------------------
I used to think the brain was the most fascinating part of the body. Then I realized, look what's telling me that. -Emo Philips

Posts: 36 | From: Chicago | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Richard W
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard W   E-mail Richard W   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Not sure she is wearing it backwards, but she's clearly bunched up the "cups" to reveal more flesh. The model in the second picture seems to be wearing it as intended.
Posts: 8725 | From: Ipswich - the UK's 9th Best Place to Sleep! | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TuFurg
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TuFurg   E-mail TuFurg   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Richard W:
Not sure she is wearing it backwards, but she's clearly bunched up the "cups" to reveal more flesh. The model in the second picture seems to be wearing it as intended.

When I viewed the two pics side by side it's quite clear the red dress girl has it on backwards. JMO
Posts: 687 | From: Grand Rapids, Michigan | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sum Thucker

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sum Thucker   E-mail Sum Thucker   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
deleted
Posts: 19 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sum Thucker

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sum Thucker   E-mail Sum Thucker   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I saw the exact same picture on the exact same webpage a number of weeks ago and I SWEAR it has since been altered, i.e., it used to be a simple wrap around the waist.....no "shadow" or other issues.
Posts: 19 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TuFurg
The First USA Noel

quote:
Originally posted by Sum Thucker:
I saw the exact same picture on the exact same webpage a number of weeks ago and I SWEAR it has since been altered, i.e., it used to be a simple wrap around the waist.....no "shadow" or other issues.

So then the shadow would have been 'shopped in, right? [lol]
Sum Thucker

Icon 217 posted      Profile for Sum Thucker   E-mail Sum Thucker   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TuFurg:
So then the shadow would have been 'shopped in, right? [lol] [/QB]

Sure seems like it to me!
TuFurg
The First USA Noel

quote:
Originally posted by Sum Thucker:
quote:
Originally posted by TuFurg:
So then the shadow would have been 'shopped in, right? [lol]

Sure seems like it to me! [/QB]
Perhaps you simply missed the shadow because you had no reason to look for it at the time. I guess this mystery pic must exist somewhere... Perhaps you can find it on the web archives.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages