snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Fauxtography » Pickler's Pubes? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Pickler's Pubes?
Squishy0405
Wii Wiish You A Merry Chriistmas

Icon 212 posted      Profile for Squishy0405   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squishy0405   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
What do you think?

My friend and one of her friends are discussing this. One says it's pubes, the other says part of the dress. Maybe it's a shadow
My friend says: u dont have a shadow down there when ur stomach is flat...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA....I know...I aint got now shadow...(ok that was for the ones who thought it was a shadow)

Opinions please? I laughed.
ETA: change part of dress to thong.

--------------------
"Fate is like a strange, unpopular resturant, filled with odd waiters who bring you things you never ask for and don't always like."-Lemony Snicket

Posts: 1119 | From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mr. Furious
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Furious   Author's Homepage   E-mail Mr. Furious   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I saw that picture on Fark (with no mention of the, erm, "shadow"), and thought the exact same thing.

I want to say that it has to be a shadow, caused by the angle and the translucent fabric. I just can't imagine that anybody either wouldn't notice that, or wouldn't take care of it.

--------------------
"He's not gonna let me in, I'm Mr. Dirty Mouth!"
- Jeffrey Coho (Craig Bierko), Boston Legal

Posts: 8729 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
guruwan2b

Icon 1 posted      Profile for guruwan2b   Author's Homepage   E-mail guruwan2b   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I would say shadow, too, unless she lets the garden grow really wild. That seems way too high on her belly for pubic hair...

--------------------
Too much of this navel gazing and we'll disappear up our own arses.
Danvers Carew

Posts: 7465 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
pirateslife
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pirateslife   Author's Homepage   E-mail pirateslife   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I second the shadow. I have yet to meet anyone whose pubes come up to her waistline!

--------------------
If the world were logical, men would ride sidesaddle. -Mama

I won't ask "Am I weird?" because that ship sailed long ago. -Kahuna Burger

Posts: 394 | From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mr. Furious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Furious   Author's Homepage   E-mail Mr. Furious   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pirateslife:
I second the shadow. I have yet to meet anyone whose pubes come up to her waistline!

Consider yourself lucky.

--------------------

Posts: 8729 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nicki
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nicki     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It's a lot lower than her waist line but probably still a shadow.
Posts: 332 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
monkey
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monkey   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It doesn't look like anything other than a shadow to me.

--------------------
http://sarahdwebber.wordpress.com/

Posts: 1490 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
pirateslife
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pirateslife   Author's Homepage   E-mail pirateslife   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Sorry, I should have been clearer. I was not referring to the waist line of dress measurements (just above the belly button), I was referring to the waist line of pants/skirts, which I think is more accurately called the waist band. My bad for lack of accuraccy. I get word confuzzuled easily.
I still vote for shadow, cause even skinny girls can have a bit of pooch sticking out. When I was 115 lbs running cross country, I had a bit of belly that wouldn't go away.

--------------------
If the world were logical, men would ride sidesaddle. -Mama

I won't ask "Am I weird?" because that ship sailed long ago. -Kahuna Burger

Posts: 394 | From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nicki
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nicki     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I agree with you about it being a shadow too. Either way, the photographer needs a smack by her. He/She should have noticed it.
Posts: 332 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
candycane from strangers
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candycane from strangers   Author's Homepage   E-mail candycane from strangers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I think shadow too. I don't follow American Idol, so I thought this thread was going to be about the pubic hair of someone who works at a pickle factory. Imagine my disappointment [Frown] .

--------------------
Me: "He's 19? Uh oh, I bought him a beer."
A: "You contributed to the deliquency of a minor in drag!"
"Sweet spell check: keeping drunks off the radar since 1995."- IND
God Re-Animate Green Pork Bush

Posts: 3986 | From: Illinois, jealous? | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The Goof
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Goof     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I thought the same thing candy. [Smile]

--------------------
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid,than to open it and remove all doubt."- Mark Twain

Posts: 426 | From: Tucson, AZ (The Old Pueblo) | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
candycane from strangers

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candycane from strangers   Author's Homepage   E-mail candycane from strangers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Good, I feel better now [Big Grin]

--------------------

Posts: 3986 | From: Illinois, jealous? | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tlynch
Eagle Opportunity Employer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tlynch   E-mail tlynch   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
or it could've been added by the people running the website. They seem keen on mocking poor Kelli.
Posts: 12 | From: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ravensbane
The First USA Noel

Icon 601 posted      Profile for ravensbane         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Looks like the upper edge of a belly tattoo to me guys...

--------------------
"Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be quietly and safely insane every night of our lives."
Dr. Charles Fisher, psychoanalyst and sleep researcher.

Posts: 671 | From: Los Angeles, California | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
moonfall86
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonfall86   E-mail moonfall86   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That seems more likely than anything.

I also thought this would be about pubic hair in a pickle jar.

Posts: 885 | From: Florida | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?
Carol of the Dells

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
If it is so dark a shadow, darker than the shadow caused be her breasts, dark enough to be mistaken for pubic hair, shouldn't her stomach stick out much more?

--------------------
"I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, EVIL stuff... and I want in."- Homer Simpson

Posts: 2161 | From: Delaware | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
candycane from strangers

I think it's lighting and the curve of her ab muscles. I have a very fit friend whose stmach muscles stick out right there, it looks like she has the same type of muscle.

I'm really more distracted by what an ugly dress it is.

--------------------

Errata
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Errata   E-mail Errata   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I think its shadow. I think the reason its so deep is that its being enhanced by the 3 dimensional part of her dress right above it. After seeing how the photo turned out though, she probably should have thrown it out.
Posts: 2018 | From: Santa Barbara, California | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Turban Man
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 95 posted      Profile for Turban Man     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmm...

When I fist took a look at the picture before reading the thread I thought it might be the top of her underwear. [Wink]

--------------------
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T,

Posts: 140 | From: Hollywood, Florida | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Squishy0405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Squishy0405   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squishy0405   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Something that should have been included in the OP: For arguements sake, I had nothing to do with the authenticity of this Bush---I voted Kerry. [Razz]

--------------------
"Fate is like a strange, unpopular resturant, filled with odd waiters who bring you things you never ask for and don't always like."-Lemony Snicket

Posts: 1119 | From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mistletoey Chloe

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mistletoey Chloe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Could it be a belt?

--------------------
~~Ai am in mai prrrrrraime!~~

Posts: 10111 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TuFurg
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TuFurg   E-mail TuFurg   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmmm... my thought was "are people talking about the shadow???" lol Looks to me to be just that. A little tummy bludge in that area goes along way.

Definately should ahve been taken out if a pro too the photo. And dam....pubes all the way up there??? Ewww [Eek!]

Posts: 687 | From: Grand Rapids, Michigan | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
candycane from strangers

My friend's mom said her pubes go that high, but she had a full body lift after losing 200 pounds. Thought you'd all appreciate that information [Razz]

--------------------

Squishy0405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Squishy0405   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squishy0405   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
No offense but (ahhh) for the image
Reminds me of the goatee and screws in the head joke...anyone got that one?

--------------------

TuFurg
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TuFurg   E-mail TuFurg   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by candy from strangers:
My friend's mom said her pubes go that high, but she had a full body lift after losing 200 pounds. Thought you'd all appreciate that information [Razz]

Hmmm...I wonder where her other stuff ended up? [Confused] [Wink]
Posts: 687 | From: Grand Rapids, Michigan | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Turban Man

Icon 101 posted      Profile for Turban Man     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah, to me it looks like the top of a transparent thong...Ya know what I'm talking about?

As for the pubic hair theory don't you think it would be a little mor, erm, bushy? [Eek!]

--------------------

Posts: 140 | From: Hollywood, Florida | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TuFurg
The First USA Noel

quote:
Originally posted by Modern Man:

As for the pubic hair theory don't you think it would be a little mor, erm, bushy? [Eek!]

As a "Modern Man" I'd think you'd know better. [Wink]
Mr. Furious

quote:
Originally posted by Chloe:
Could it be a belt?

Did you mean "pelt?"

Sorry, allow me... [fish]

--------------------

Turban Man

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Turban Man     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
If it were a belt it would cover more of her waist, besides why would you wear a belt with that outfit?

--------------------

Mistletoey Chloe

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mistletoey Chloe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hell, why would you wear that outfit at all?

--------------------
~~Ai am in mai prrrrrraime!~~

Posts: 10111 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Turban Man

Icon 99 posted      Profile for Turban Man     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chloe:
Hell, why would you wear that outfit at all?

Come to think of it that looks a bit like a year-book pictre of sort so mabe she was in some type of performance which involved dressing like that.

--------------------

Anyte
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anyte   E-mail Anyte   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
The scantily-clad Pickler allegedly wore nothing more than a skimpy halter top with a low-rise, barely-there bottom to her prom.
Possibly the prom dress described? Yes, I know that's not a halter top in the pic, but it could be an inaccurate description, or perhaps she owns more than one, similarly styled "dress." Anyway, the area in question looks more shadowy than hairy to me.

--------------------
Too broke to pay attention

Posts: 452 | From: Omaha, NE | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrekkerScout
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrekkerScout     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Here is the story that attributes the photo to being a prom dress (the original source for the OP's photo/story). It also contains supporting photo evidence.

P.S.: I also believe it to be a shadow.

Posts: 306 | From: Tacoma, WA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Turban Man

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Turban Man     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Alright, I'm going to bring up a new idea here and suggest that maybe that isn't actually Kellie in the photograph. I odnt know why bt the face seems a little blurry and it doesnt really look like her. It could just be because shes younger but who knows. Anybody think that?

--------------------

geminilee
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for geminilee   E-mail geminilee   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
The scantily-clad Pickler allegedly wore nothing more than a skimpy halter top with a low-rise, barely-there bottom to her prom.
Can you really call a floor-length skirt barely there? It is pretty low rise, but not as much as it looks like it is, because of the cutouts.
I think it is a tat, also. Definitely too high for any pubes I have every seen, although I suppose it is possible I have just been fortunate in that regard.

--------------------
"Accompanied by the ghosts of dolphins, the ghost of a ship sailed on..." Terry Pratchett

Posts: 660 | From: Gainesville, FL | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages