snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Fauxtography » Leprechaun in Mobile, Alabama

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Leprechaun in Mobile, Alabama
reflex
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reflex   E-mail reflex   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Leprechaun in Mobile, Alabama

This news report has to be a joke, but it seems to be on an actual news broadcast.

--------------------
The opinions expressed herein do not represent those of any rational human being and are solely for the purpose of entertainment.

Posts: 487 | From: Brick City (Newark), NJ | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lady Moon Shadows
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Moon Shadows   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
anything I say would be wrong.. so very wrong...I like how the leprechaun has the face of that "doll" that was found in some museum or something.. another snopester could link to it.. "timmy" is it?

I'll just say --Umm, yeah, sure..

--------------------
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate and wine in hand, body thoroughly used up, and screaming WoW what a ride!

Posts: 2924 | From: Flori-duh | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Simon Says
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Simon Says   E-mail Simon Says   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Slow. News. Day.
Posts: 624 | From: Kansas | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Squishy0405
Wii Wiish You A Merry Chriistmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Squishy0405   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squishy0405   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That was funny...Why do I see a music video coming out of this? Gimme that pot of gold b-...
There are so many comments to make back at some of those people but haha that was a good laugh...I can draw stick people...can I be a criminal sketch artist? Not an actual criminal...I don't know the technical term...dang I should know this from TV!

--------------------
"Fate is like a strange, unpopular resturant, filled with odd waiters who bring you things you never ask for and don't always like."-Lemony Snicket

Posts: 1119 | From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
geminilee
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for geminilee   E-mail geminilee   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Lady Moon, do you mean the doll in Key West? It is Robert the haunted doll It does kind of look like him, now that you mention it.

--------------------
"Accompanied by the ghosts of dolphins, the ghost of a ship sailed on..." Terry Pratchett

Posts: 660 | From: Gainesville, FL | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lady Moon Shadows
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Moon Shadows   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
yeah that's the doll...brrrrr..

And, just as point of reference, there is a "ladymoon" on here--people just call me LMS--that way no one gets confused. [Smile]

That doll.. those eyes...spooky..

--------------------
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate and wine in hand, body thoroughly used up, and screaming WoW what a ride!

Posts: 2924 | From: Flori-duh | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Squishy0405
Wii Wiish You A Merry Chriistmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Squishy0405   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squishy0405   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I saw the story about him on t.v.
now to get the mind bleach b/c I have stuff to do today...He is creepy!

I was going to post a link to south park's timmmaayy but robert is creepier!!

--------------------
"Fate is like a strange, unpopular resturant, filled with odd waiters who bring you things you never ask for and don't always like."-Lemony Snicket

Posts: 1119 | From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
robbiev - singin' off key
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 16 posted      Profile for robbiev - singin' off key   Author's Homepage   E-mail robbiev - singin' off key   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by geminilee:
Lady Moon, do you mean the doll in Key West? It is Robert the haunted doll It does kind of look like him, now that you mention it.

I hate that Robert the doll shares my name.

BTW...is that all there is to that site, just a picture of the doll?

--------------------
Every time I see a good looking woman, I think, "0oooh. There's another one I'll never have!"

Corvette. The louder you scream, the faster I'll go.

Posts: 1820 | From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Robigus, Frozen Mushroom
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robigus, Frozen Mushroom   E-mail Robigus, Frozen Mushroom   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh Pleeze! This time of year, it has to be a spring-breaker. They get their break from college, come down here to the Gulf Coast, and go nuts. The fact that this one hasn't run thru a restaurant naked, or fallen off a hotel balcony just means he/she is one of the tamer ones.
Posts: 724 | From: Florida | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Signora Del Drago
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 302 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmmmpf. I cannot believe that you people do not believe in Leprechauns.
Here is a picture for you infidels.  -

See? They are real. So, there!

Thankyewverymuch.

--------------------
"This air we're breathing. Oxygen, isn't it?"~I’mNotDedalus, impersonating Vincent D’Onofrio.|"Sometimes trying to communicate can be like walking through a minefield."~wanderwoman
"Give people a break. It's not easy doing a life."~Joshua Halberstam

Posts: 4020 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
candycane from strangers
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candycane from strangers   Author's Homepage   E-mail candycane from strangers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I think we all know that when a lep' comes to the hood, he's there to do no good .

I like the lady who said it was probably a crackhead [lol]

--------------------
Me: "He's 19? Uh oh, I bought him a beer."
A: "You contributed to the deliquency of a minor in drag!"
"Sweet spell check: keeping drunks off the radar since 1995."- IND
God Re-Animate Green Pork Bush

Posts: 3986 | From: Illinois, jealous? | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brioninn
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 04 posted      Profile for Brioninn   E-mail Brioninn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Some news stations will put on such a story for a special occasion. Such as: St. Patrick's Day.

Here's the link I found from the NBC15 Mobile, Alabama news site.

News site

Posts: 39 | From: Alabama | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
sidewinder
Deck the Malls

Icon 07 posted      Profile for sidewinder   E-mail sidewinder   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Squishy0405:
That was funny...Why do I see a music video coming out of this? Gimme that pot of gold b-...
There are so many comments to make back at some of those people but haha that was a good laugh...I can draw stick people...can I be a criminal sketch artist? Not an actual criminal...I don't know the technical term...dang I should know this from TV!

Per Your Request
Posts: 282 | From: wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brad from Georgia
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brad from Georgia   Author's Homepage   E-mail Brad from Georgia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Those college kids are always after me lucky Irish whiskey.

--------------------
"No hard feelin's and HOPpy New Year!"--Walt Kelly
Hear what you're missing: ARTC podcasts! http://artcpodcast.org/

Posts: 7581 | From: Gainesville, Georgia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
PatYoung
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PatYoung   E-mail PatYoung   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't know about you, but the whole story sent a chill up my spine.

--------------------
pat "Megadittoes Rush" young

THUMP, THUMP, THUMP

Posts: 5442 | From: New York | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Methuselah
Happy Holly Days

Icon 208 posted      Profile for Methuselah     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sidewinder:
quote:
Originally posted by Squishy0405:

Per Your Request
Brilliant! [lol]

--------------------
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." - G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 1514 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
spe934
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for spe934   E-mail spe934   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I am suprised that "The Daily Show" hasn't picked this up yet! This is the kind of stories they love!

The artist sketch was great.. I think I could pick the guy out of a line up now that I have seen a drawing of him...

--------------------
Marriage is a relationship in which one person is always right, and the other is a husband

The main difference between men and women is that women need a reason to have sex, and men just need a place.

Posts: 206 | From: Evansville, Indiana USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ulkomaalainen
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ulkomaalainen     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah, great song [Big Grin]

But please tell me, that the first interviewees teeth have been photoshopped... ewwwww

--------------------
Movie characters never make typing mistakes.

Posts: 586 | From: Hamburg, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
J'sMommy
Fighting Irish Stew

Icon 1 posted      Profile for J'sMommy   E-mail J'sMommy   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
They are selling the sketch on Ebay! $400.00 and 32 bids so far, and it has six days left on the auction! Just go to search and put in leprechaun sketch. The funds are going to the TV station's Relay for Life. I so enjoy watching the video, I used to live in Mobile and watched that station's news every night.

--------------------
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
I'm an Avon Rep! Email me for information on ordering.

Posts: 30 | From: Alabama | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Fun with a 9mm
Deck the Malls

Icon 505 posted      Profile for Fun with a 9mm   E-mail Fun with a 9mm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Robigus, Frozen Mushroom:
Oh Pleeze! This time of year, it has to be a spring-breaker. They get their break from college, come down here to the Gulf Coast, and go nuts. The fact that this one hasn't run thru a restaurant naked, or fallen off a hotel balcony just means he/she is one of the tamer ones.

It'll be over soon, Robigus! The snowbirds have already started leaving here!!

--------------------
I'm not mean, you're just a big sissy. -Happy Bunny

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.- Verbal Kint

Trespassers will be pelted with jellyfish.- Daniel Cluley

Posts: 221 | From: Bradenton, FL | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages