snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Fauxtography » X-Ray Fellatio (Not entirely work safe, lol) (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: X-Ray Fellatio (Not entirely work safe, lol)
naff89
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 16 posted      Profile for naff89   E-mail naff89   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
X-ray

It looks very real, but it's an x-ray of two things that are rather dangerous to x-ray, the brain and testicles. Lol, if it is fake, it's of very high quality...

[ 20. January 2006, 08:29 AM:   snopes ]

Posts: 1 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jack Dylan
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jack Dylan   E-mail Jack Dylan       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't know too much about X-Rays. It looks as though it picked up pubic hair around the testicle area, which I don't think they do. Also, as the OP says, you usually protect those sensitive areas when taking these kinds of photos! [Wink]

--------------------
Eppis: Do you know why being a revolutionary doesn't work in this country? Being a revolutionary in America is like being a spoil sport at an orgy. All these goodies being passed around and you feel like a shit when you say no.

Posts: 294 | From: Brisbane, Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spc. Sharki
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spc. Sharki   E-mail Spc. Sharki   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
These people are either really horny or really stupid.

--------------------
Let your TV bleed- Tom Petty

Posts: 329 | From: Wiesbaden, Germany | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
XPhile
Cereal Killer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XPhile   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't know for sure if it would pick up hair or not either, but I would think that if the pubic hair showed up, then the hair on the head would've shown up too. I vote fake. (But that didn't stop it from going on my desktop!)

--------------------
"If I am carrying Marilyn Monroe's purse, do you assume that I slept with JFK?"

Posts: 139 | From: Germany | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Yayami Mutou, The Order's Blader
Baby 100 Grand

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yayami Mutou, The Order's Blader   E-mail Yayami Mutou, The Order's Blader   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh man... I saw this and couldn't help but laugh. Fake or no, the only thing I can think is: Who gives blow jobs like that? Notice the woman's(?) teeth and the ghost image of her lips. She's... Blowing him with her teeth? o.o
Looks to me like she's about to bite it off. (Also of note is the bottom of the image where teeth and penis collide. Maybe she already did...)

- Yaya

--------------------
Sephiroth Memorial Escape Clause
Any misdeed up to and including multiple genocide is forgiveable if you're cool enough.

Posts: 44 | From: Washington | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Troberg
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troberg     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Fake. No hair is visible on the head, yet pubic hairs show just fine. Also, the fingers have some wierd artifacts that look like they are made using an edge detection filter rather than an X-ray. All in all, the male body (assuming the other is female) does not look like an X-ray at all.

My guess: Real head X-ray, the rest is smart usage of filters.

--------------------
/Troberg

Posts: 4360 | From: Borlänge, Sweden | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
callee
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for callee         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Is it just me, or does the guy's hand look way too big in comparison to the head? Wouldn't an adult head be much bigger? If this was real, I'd be concerned about the age of the giver.

--------------------
a moment for old friends now estranged, victims of the flux of alliances and changing perceptions. There was something there once, and that something is worth honoring as well. - John Carroll

Posts: 3375 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Salamander
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Salamander   E-mail Salamander   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've seen x-ray "movies" -- usually in some sort of documentary -- that show someone eating and swallowing food.

Since that was aimed at the head area (and went for a minute or so), I'd assume there is some "safe" way for the x-rays to be taken over such a length of time. The image of the "giver" reminds me of this.

I'll second those that have said the "giver" is real while the "receiver" is photoshopped.

--------------------
"victory thru self-deception"

Posts: 2211 | From: Western Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ganzfeld
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ganzfeld     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Steel wool for pubic hair? Maybe he's an android.
Posts: 4922 | From: Kyoto, Japan | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
have yourself a Merry Little Galaxy
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for have yourself a Merry Little Galaxy     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The "receiver"'s body is opaque - if it were real, wouldn't the pelvis and leg bones be visible? And I don't think fingernails show up in x-rays.

I'll third the assumption that the head is real, the rest is fake.

--------------------
I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains - that's why I live in Melbourne, where it always bloody rains.

Posts: 632 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Salamander:
I've seen x-ray "movies" -- usually in some sort of documentary -- that show someone eating and swallowing food.

Since that was aimed at the head area (and went for a minute or so), I'd assume there is some "safe" way for the x-rays to be taken over such a length of time. The image of the "giver" reminds me of this.

I'll second those that have said the "giver" is real while the "receiver" is photoshopped.

My husband had that done after his stroke to make sure he could swallow food without choking. The whole thing lasted about forty minutes and was quite cool to watch.

I'm going with fake for the same reasons others are saying- shopped, real head x-ray and the person receiving looks merely like a "convert to negative" in a basic photo program.

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
dlloyd
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dlloyd     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Troberg:
Fake. No hair is visible on the head, yet pubic hairs show just fine.

Maybe he or she is bald?
Posts: 99 | From: Dundee | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Corwin
I Am Curious Bluefin

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corwin   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The picture in question is the work of an artist whose name I can't remember and whose site I can't find. But it was a topic of discussion here a year or so ago.

--------------------
Then lightning struck... Bad lightning.

Posts: 259 | From: Buffalo, NY | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Kathy B

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kathy B     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The artist is Wim Delvoye. It's part of a series he calls "Sex-rays." [link above is not work safe] This one is a kiss

ETA a pretty important not" in front of "work safe"

--------------------
The plural of "anecdote" is not "data."

Posts: 4255 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Prometheus
Acura-puncture

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Prometheus     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Yayami Mutou:
Oh man... I saw this and couldn't help but laugh. Fake or no, the only thing I can think is: Who gives blow jobs like that? Notice the woman's(?) teeth and the ghost image of her lips. She's... Blowing him with her teeth?

- Yaya

Not to turn this post into a major sex discussion but a partner using their teeth is considered a fellatio technique. If the partner uses their teeth to very, very, VERY gently rake over the sensitive parts of their partner's penis, it will really stimulate them.

Just don't bite.

Posts: 32 | From: Toronto | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
plain-TALKing Yorkshire Woman
Harshmallow World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for plain-TALKing Yorkshire Woman   Author's Homepage   E-mail plain-TALKing Yorkshire Woman   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
FAKE! FAKE! FAKE! (IMO, anyway)

As soon as I saw the picture, I had my suspicions; I said the same thing about the "odd-ness" of the fingernails and pubic hair showing up.

The hand on the "giver's" head makes me suspicious ... surely, if the jaw, skull and teeth can show up on the x-ray, the bones of the fingers would show up, too?

Talk

--------------------
...Can you tell tripe from truth?

Don't be an ignoranus:- an ignoranus is someone who is both stupid, and an ars*hole!

Posts: 1833 | From: The West Riding of God's-own county: Yorkshire UK | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Silas Sparkhammer
I Saw V-Chips Come Sailing In

Icon 504 posted      Profile for Silas Sparkhammer   Author's Homepage   E-mail Silas Sparkhammer   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
No internal structure to the manly bits. You should be able to make out the major blood vessels and the urethra.

Also, note the very dark spots just behind the teeth, where the penis overlaps with the woman's jaws: why is this so black? It should be only faintly gray. And, as noted, his pubic hair shows clearly, but the hair on her scalp doesn't show at all.

Lovely bit of art, but t'ain't real.

Silas

Posts: 16801 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Chickee Daizy
Live and Let Madai

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chickee Daizy     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
In x-rays the outside is black and the bones are white or gray. Also, no, you cannot see hair in an x-ray. Since I work with x-rays everyday, I know it's fake.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkies...They don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Posts: 907 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Fuzzy Bug
Boxed Choy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fuzzy Bug     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spc. Sharki:
These people are either really horny or really stupid.

In my experience, these are not, alas, mutually exclusive conditions. A bit of a false dilemma, if you will.

--------------------
When I had to climb under my desk the other day to fix a power cord, I realized that I kind of like it under there.

Posts: 73 | From: Durham, NC | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jason Threadslayer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason Threadslayer     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, there are people out there who study it (and fund it!): Magnetic resonance imaging of male and female genitals during coitus and female sexual arousal

--------------------
All posts foretold by Nostradamus.

Turing test failures: 6

Posts: 5481 | From: Decatur, GA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
candycane from strangers

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candycane from strangers   Author's Homepage   E-mail candycane from strangers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ooh, there's a lame pick up line in there somewhere I know it! If only my brain was functioning today.

ETA: I found it right there in Jason's link!

quote:
Taking magnetic resonance images of the male and female genitals during coitus is feasible and contributes to understanding of anatomy.
Slap a "Hey, baby" on the front of that and you're good to go.

--------------------
Me: "He's 19? Uh oh, I bought him a beer."
A: "You contributed to the deliquency of a minor in drag!"
"Sweet spell check: keeping drunks off the radar since 1995."- IND
God Re-Animate Green Pork Bush

Posts: 3986 | From: Illinois, jealous? | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Aud
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aud   E-mail Aud   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've had an MRI. There's no room!
Posts: 1168 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ganzfeld

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ganzfeld     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Threadslayer:
Well, there are people out there who study it (and fund it!): Magnetic resonance imaging of male and female genitals during coitus and female sexual arousal

Since that abstract is slightly opaque, here is a blog discussing same.
http://pharyngula.org/index/weblog/comments/sex_in_the_mri/

Posts: 4922 | From: Kyoto, Japan | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Corwin
I Am Curious Bluefin

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corwin   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Scroll down to the bottom.

And just this one more.

Are these all fakes?

--------------------
Then lightning struck... Bad lightning.

Posts: 259 | From: Buffalo, NY | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ulkomaalainen
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ulkomaalainen     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Some of your first link are from said artist of the pic on the OP (browse his page). The second one is sold as a piece of art (although as a "photograph" not a doctored image). Still, even if pictures like that exist (it isn't physically impossible at all) it does not invalidate any of the arguments for the original picture being a fake.

--------------------
Movie characters never make typing mistakes.

Posts: 586 | From: Hamburg, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LMNOP
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LMNOP   E-mail LMNOP   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
This one might be the same artist... or it might be real.
Posts: 23 | From: Houston, TX | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Angry Snail
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Angry Snail     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
just on the hair thing...

You can see the eyebrows of the 'giver'.

I know at uni there was some discussion about this sort of research going on. Seems to look fairly real to me. eh, maybe I'm a fool. [Smile]

Snail.

--------------------
snails only mate once a lifetime, you would be pissed off too.

Posts: 97 | From: Australia | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
dramaqueen872005
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dramaqueen872005   E-mail dramaqueen872005   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Corwin:
Scroll down to the bottom.

wtf??? In one of those it looks like the dude is licking an animal. Don't know if I should be shocked or not... but goodness! [lol]

--------------------
"I'm Jimmy Joe Dean," he said, "Sort of like James Dean, but with a Texas twist"
"Yeah," Brent muttered. "The original Rebel Without a Brain."
~Drive me Wild, Julie Ortolon

Posts: 444 | From: Round Rock/San Angelo, TX | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
WonkoTheSane
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WonkoTheSane     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
In my understanding, the fact that bones are white in an X-ray image stems from the fact that it's a photo-negative of the actual plate, in which the bones would appear black (the parts of the image where the X-rays did not expose the plate, because they were blocked by bone).
It's also my understanding that moving fuoroscopy images generally show the opposite...the bones are black. I don't think it's fair to declare "fake" simply because the bones aren't gray.

That said, there are other reasons to say fake.

Wonko

--------------------
"It seemed to me that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilzation in which I could live and stay sane."

Posts: 1462 | From: Outside the Asylum (Massachusetts) | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
dramaqueen872005
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dramaqueen872005   E-mail dramaqueen872005   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WonkoTheSane:
In my understanding, the fact that bones are white in an X-ray image stems from the fact that it's a photo-negative of the actual plate, in which the bones would appear black (the parts of the image where the X-rays did not expose the plate, because they were blocked by bone).

In the end of this explanation I'm probably going to end up backing you up. Anyway, the person is standing, whatever in front of the xray screen thing. The plate (when processed) will turn black or gray where there wasn't much for the light/xray to travel through. Areas not covered by skin or bones will be black, and then fleshy areas, etc will be gray. Bones are white because they don't allow as much xray through as the skin does. Same as developing pictures (pretty much).

Yeah, I've probably said the same thing as you, Wonko, I'm just clearing this up partly for my head. [Smile]

--------------------
"I'm Jimmy Joe Dean," he said, "Sort of like James Dean, but with a Texas twist"
"Yeah," Brent muttered. "The original Rebel Without a Brain."
~Drive me Wild, Julie Ortolon

Posts: 444 | From: Round Rock/San Angelo, TX | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Casey, making hot chocolate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Casey, making hot chocolate   Author's Homepage   E-mail Casey, making hot chocolate   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmmm...

I do know that these have been done. I've seen a few real ones, where I knew one of the subjects, and this isn't real. Details are wrong.

--------------------
"To be or not to be! That is the question! Now, will you answer, dare, double dare, or take the Physical Challenge?" --Mark Summers as Hamlet
Countdown: 177 days and counting... or less. My blog. 14 keyboards owed.

Posts: 5584 | From: Ohio | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
WonkoTheSane
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WonkoTheSane     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Casey:
Hmmm...

I do know that these have been done. I've seen a few real ones, where I knew one of the subjects, and this isn't real. Details are wrong.

Care to elaborate?

Wonko

--------------------
"It seemed to me that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilzation in which I could live and stay sane."

Posts: 1462 | From: Outside the Asylum (Massachusetts) | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Casey, making hot chocolate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Casey, making hot chocolate   Author's Homepage   E-mail Casey, making hot chocolate   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The biggest one is the lack of the great vessels, anywhere. If nothing else, you should be able to see some of the penile vessels and the urethra. Same thing with the carotids/jugulars/vertebrals in the neck... something should be visible.

Also the fact that the penis is so easily seen. Only way soft tissue shows up that clearly is with some kind of marker. One of these was done by my cousin when he went to medical school- bone structure is clear, some great vessels can be seen, but little soft tissue. Silas basically had it right.

Biggest tipoff for me is the hair, though. Pubic hair is pretty dense, but it's not that much denser than head hair as to be so visible.

Sorry for the earlier shortness. I was getting pretty zapped.

--------------------
"To be or not to be! That is the question! Now, will you answer, dare, double dare, or take the Physical Challenge?" --Mark Summers as Hamlet
Countdown: 177 days and counting... or less. My blog. 14 keyboards owed.

Posts: 5584 | From: Ohio | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Chickee Daizy
Live and Let Madai

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chickee Daizy     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LMNOP:
This one might be the same artist... or it might be real.

The intestines in this one look real. Looks like a double contrast picture (barium and gas injected into the rectum cause that almost see-through look). However, the bones of the pelvis look weird in comparison to the bones of the hand. Because the pelvis is more dense than the hand, it should be brighter white and the hand should be less detailed and more gray. It looks like to me, someone took parts of a few real x-rays and photoshopped them all together.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkies...They don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Posts: 907 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DemonWolf
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DemonWolf     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hey, this is provable! all we need is access to an x-ray machine and willing subjects! Surely there must be someone on snopes who can get us access to an x-ray machine.

--------------------
Friends are like skittles: they come in many colors, and some are fruity!

IMJW-052804

Posts: 7224 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages