snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Fauxtography » Who needs airbags? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Who needs airbags?
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 16 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Egg Note
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 81 posted      Profile for Egg Note   E-mail Egg Note   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Judging from the woman's face, apparently she needs no air either.

--------------------
Okay, just to make it clear, there is a real world out there. No really, there is. I checked.

Posts: 886 | From: Suffolk, VA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pork Chop
Anchovy of a 1000 Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pork Chop   E-mail Pork Chop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Checking the Note twice:

She had to learn not to breathe. Therefore, she must live in England.

Pork "Do I get points for reference?" Chop

--------------------
Have you heard the Word?
Praise Hircine!

Posts: 283 | From: Ohio | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
urbantiger83
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for urbantiger83   Author's Homepage   E-mail urbantiger83   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ouch! God those look painful! [Eek!]
Posts: 3 | From: Florida | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
nod
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nod     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pork Chopping Down a Christmas Tree:
quote:
Originally posted by Checking the Note twice:

She had to learn not to breathe. Therefore, she must live in England.

Pork "Do I get points for reference?" Chop

Sorry to disagree! In the UK, (including England!!) we sit on the right hand side of the car (and drive on the left side of the road)

--------------------
Many a True Word Spoken in Jest!

Posts: 73 | From: Devon, UK | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dutch Angua
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dutch Angua   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
WOW! If that is real, she probably has some serious back problems.

--------------------
Dude, where's my siggy?

Posts: 276 | From: Holland | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
candycane from strangers
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candycane from strangers   Author's Homepage   E-mail candycane from strangers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My mom's boobs are about that size, but she doesn't keep them up under her neck like so. I think this woman must either be wearing a push-up bra or similar device, or has a very large stomach that is pushing them up.

--------------------
Me: "He's 19? Uh oh, I bought him a beer."
A: "You contributed to the deliquency of a minor in drag!"
"Sweet spell check: keeping drunks off the radar since 1995."- IND
God Re-Animate Green Pork Bush

Posts: 3986 | From: Illinois, jealous? | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Oualawouzou

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Oualawouzou     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by candy(cane) from strangers:
My mom's boobs are about that size, but she doesn't keep them up under her neck like so. I think this woman must either be wearing a push-up bra or similar device, or has a very large stomach that is pushing them up.

Judging by the size of her arms, I'd wager she is probably very overweight.

To my untrained eyes, the separation between her breasts doesn't look natural. Has anybody good at spotting manipulations examined this pic yet?

--------------------
Le champignon arrive.

Posts: 4372 | From: Quebec | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Arriah
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arriah   E-mail Arriah   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have to agree, I've yet to see a pair that size that don't squish together a bit more.

--------------------
Conforming meant that everyone liked you except yourself
Rebecca

Posts: 682 | From: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
PallasAthena
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PallasAthena     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I vote fake. There is actually an inflation fetish, but I am at work and do not want to look up any sites. I read about it in Savage Love.

I'm just thinking that perhaps this might have come from one of those websites as it reminds me a bit of those pics.

--------------------
"How do you make chocolate? You take dark chocolate, you mix it with white milk, and it becomes a delicious drink. That is the chocolate I am talking about." --Ray Nagin

Posts: 1325 | From: Missouri | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Joseph Z
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joseph Z   E-mail Joseph Z   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
If that's real, she's got to have the guiness world record. Or she has a serious illness in her breasts.

I can't imagine a woman's breasts being that big besides either an illness or stupidity from installing the implants.

--------------------
Joseph Z

Posts: 1356 | From: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
El Camino
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for El Camino   E-mail El Camino   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I dunno about illness, but there are definitely disorders that can make em pretty huge. Combine that with a mild case of obesity and it certainly is possible. However, something does look a little wrong about this picture - why are they pushed up to her face? Why does she look like a balloon? Of course, it could be some disorded I don't know about.
Posts: 1048 | From: Brunswick, Maine | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rhiandmoi
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rhiandmoi   E-mail Rhiandmoi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
There are definately women that naturally have that large of breasts. There are some that are regulars here on snopes. To me that looks like she is a big girl in a small bra.

http://www.topheavy.com/main.asp

That link might not be safe for work.

--------------------
I think that hyperbole is the single greatest factor contributing to the decline of society. - My friend Pat.

What is .02 worth?

Posts: 8745 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Oualawouzou

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Oualawouzou     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The more I look at it, the more I get the impression it's a composite of two pictures, with the breasts and arms from one model and the head and forearm of another. For one thing, her forearm is weirdly shaped and appears suspiciously long to me.

--------------------
Le champignon arrive.

Posts: 4372 | From: Quebec | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Anyte
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anyte   E-mail Anyte   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Her left breast, in the foreground, appears to be very differently shaped, in comparison with her right breast and with breasts I have encountered elsewhere. There also seems to be a bit of a lack of pixelation, a blurring or smoothing effect where her breast overlaps her face. Compare it to the crispness of the line between her breasts. There's also a very small area of blurring or smoothing along the line of her cleavage just above the bathing suit and a similar softness of line quality along the edge of the suit as it follows her left breast. A bit of an odd wrinkle. I can't say it's photoshopped but it sure is suspicious.

ETA - In none of the photos on the topheavy site can I find a woman whose flesh curves up over her collarbones like that.

--------------------
Too broke to pay attention

Posts: 452 | From: Omaha, NE | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
CU84
Ron Mexico

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CU84   E-mail CU84   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
My mom's boobs are about that size
I'd have to agree with that
Posts: 10 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Roadie
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roadie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CU84:
quote:
Surely you meant to add a smiley to indicate humor.

--------------------
"The little local company I buy from has CHEAP shipping and I have met their goats." (snapdragonfly)

"And that's one lost erection I'll never get back! You hear me Dan! I'm owed an erection!" (I'mNotDedalus)

Posts: 2658 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mythophobia
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mythophobia     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
What about gravity? I'm not very busty myself, and know noone of that size, but even my tiny chest struggles with the powers of gravity and is certainly not capable of floating upwards...
Posts: 49 | From: Denmark | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ledatru
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ledatru   E-mail Ledatru   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
She's just really fat.

--------------------
Lil Eazy-E
Prince of Compton

Posts: 59 | From: Katy, Texas | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ParaDiddle
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ParaDiddle   E-mail ParaDiddle       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
To spot the manipulation, look a the contour of the right side of her body. Pay specific attention to the underside of her right breast and the forearm that is "exposed". Not only is the curvature of her torso unnatural, so is the abrupt end to the pattern on her blouse. The forearm and the background are free of any detail.

While the average photoshop artist would expect us to assume that the forearm and background contours would be obscured by absense of light, a better artist would have taken more care to manipulate the viewer's assumptions.

This is another example of how knowledge of desktop publishing is no substitute for education in visual arts, illustration and design.

- P

Posts: 1856 | From: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
alicia
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alicia   Author's Homepage   E-mail alicia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I vote fake. There is actually an inflation fetish, but I am at work and do not want to look up any sites. I read about it in Savage Love.
HAHA i googled "inflation fetish" and it came up with a bunch of pictures of naked girls blowing up balloons!
Posts: 131 | From: Portland, OR | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brandi
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brandi     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Googling "body inflation fetish" will probably yield more distressing results.
Posts: 2787 | From: California | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
alicia
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alicia   Author's Homepage   E-mail alicia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
yeah, that guy who wants to be a pregnant lady is pretty creepy! i always think it's hilarious when people have these outrageously weird websites about their 'quirks' and then act all surprised that nobody wants to date them.
Posts: 131 | From: Portland, OR | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Richard W
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard W   E-mail Richard W   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have no opinion on the photo manipulation, but I doubt that's the woman's usual posture. She's sitting slumped in the seat and has her shoulders hunched, her breasts pushed upwards by her arms, and her chin pressed down into her neck.

If she was sitting up straight and not pushing her breasts up I doubt she would look as unusual as that.

Posts: 8725 | From: Ipswich - the UK's 9th Best Place to Sleep! | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
candycane from strangers

Icon 600 posted      Profile for candycane from strangers   Author's Homepage   E-mail candycane from strangers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
posted by CU84
quote:
They must be bigger than I thought if you can see them from South Carolina.

--------------------

Posts: 3986 | From: Illinois, jealous? | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Roadie
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roadie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by candy(cane) from strangers:
quote:
posted by CU84
quote:
They must be bigger than I thought if you can see them from South Carolina.
[lol] [lol] [lol]

--------------------
"The little local company I buy from has CHEAP shipping and I have met their goats." (snapdragonfly)

"And that's one lost erection I'll never get back! You hear me Dan! I'm owed an erection!" (I'mNotDedalus)

Posts: 2658 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Angel With Wax Wings
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Angel With Wax Wings   E-mail Angel With Wax Wings   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I knew a girl with breasts almost that big...but she was fat and NEVER had them pushed up to her chin like that.

~Monica

--------------------
"Run for five minutes? Why don't you just shoot me now?"--Comic Book Guy (Simpsons)

Posts: 219 | From: Cleveland, Ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Joseph Z
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joseph Z   E-mail Joseph Z   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Just a thought, but if her body is that big then why is her face not matching the fatness?

I know because I was 300 pounds five years ago and my face had double chin and the cheeks were fatter. 250 now and the chin and cheeks are smaller than before.

--------------------
Joseph Z

Posts: 1356 | From: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
strange_little_girl
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for strange_little_girl   E-mail strange_little_girl   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
If you look under her ears, you can see there is a lot of fat on the lower face and probably a chin or two buried somewhere in her cleavage.

--------------------
I tried to get in touch with my inner child, but she isn't allowed to talk
to strangers.

Posts: 674 | From: Scotland | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
candycane from strangers

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candycane from strangers   Author's Homepage   E-mail candycane from strangers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I used to weigh 70 pounds more and never had a fat looking face. Some people just don't.

--------------------

TrishDaDish
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
How much TMI is needed before going forward with explaining how this can't be real? Being a big boobed, 300 pound, chunky love monkey myself, I have that "Gosh darned annoying boobs!" market cornered.

Let's assume her breasts are real. (C'mon! Let's go there!) As Mythophobia said, there's gravity going on. Even with space age technology anti-gravity bras, your boobs do not start floating into your neck. I will say, if she's wearing a space age technology anti- gravity bra, her breasts will be squished together. Us obese, big bosumed ladies, not even with help from a crow bar, will lift and separate. Dammit.

Now, again, if you want to believe those are her real girls on her chest - the only way they would be that high up into her neck is if she were lying down in that outfit. (Out of the outfit, well, no "lift", but definate "separate".) Not even if she had the seat leaned back would she be that hard off.

If those were her real breasts that far up into her neck, she'd be choking herself from the weight. That's a reason if something falls to the floor, I have to bend at the knee and pick it up - because if I just lean over to grab something, I literally can't breath. I start choking and have to stand up. And I don't even have the chest this picture is claiming.

Last detail driving me nuts about this picture: For someone who has larger arms that I do, and heaven knows bigger gabonzos, she sure has a small tummy. I would have a hard enough time fitting behind the wheel without it pushing into me (even with the seat moved furthest back), yet it's not touching her stomach at all. If you take in the factor that maybe she has her seat reclined a little...no, that still doesn't explain the small tummy in relation to the rest of her body.

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ThistleSoftware
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThistleSoftware     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I feel like if those were augmented boobs they would be more spherical even without a bra, and if they were natural they would not be sticking out like missiles even with a bra.

--------------------
Officially Heartless

Posts: 3065 | From: The Montgomery County of the West Coast- Berkeley, CA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
SparkStalker
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SparkStalker   E-mail SparkStalker   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll say Photoshopped also...look at how rapidly her arms shrink once they get past the objects that obstruct them namely the mirror and the windshield frame. It's not natural...
Posts: 277 | From: Virginia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Malruhn
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Malruhn   E-mail Malruhn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I dunno - my beloved bride sits right at about 300 lbs, and has small forearms like this woman.

My vote: a heavy, VERY well endowed young lady, posing her ass off.

er...

CHEST off. She is wearing a bra that is MUCH too tight, and it squishing it all up and out, then hunching like a mad fool for the tittilation (somebody HAD to say it) of male viewers.

--------------------
Opinions aren't excuses to remain ignorant about subjects, nor are they excuses to never examine one's beliefs & prejudices...

Babies are like tattoos. You see other peoples' & they're cool, but yours is never as good & you can't get rid of it.

Posts: 5622 | From: Jax, Florida | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TuFurg
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TuFurg   E-mail TuFurg   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
When I look at the pic I'm wondering where the rest of her left breast is. The right one is huge, but there isn't nearly the same mass for the left.

IMO this is because there was more'visual mass' for the Photoshopper to work with on the right breast because of the angle- he just enlarged the pic and had no way of adding the equal volume to the left breast without manipulating the arm and her clothing which he probably didn't know how to do. JMO

Posts: 687 | From: Grand Rapids, Michigan | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages