snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Food » Pig & Pork Facts

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pig & Pork Facts
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 23 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: DEAR SNOPES, I AM A LONG TIME USER AND PROMOTER OF YOUR SIGHT, I
HAVE USED YOUR SIGHT TO HELP PEOPLE OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO TAKE
THE "KICK ME" SIGN OFF THIER BACKS, AND THIS IS ANOTHER ONE. PLEASE TELL
ME IF THERE IS ANY FACT IN THIS ARTICLE I RECIEVE FROM ME DEAR MOTHER.

http://www.americantribesofisrael.com/pigfacts.htm

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LeaflessMapleTree
The twelve shopping days 'til Christmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeaflessMapleTree   E-mail LeaflessMapleTree   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Dear Snopes. I apologize for the yelling, but my dog pressed CAPSLOCK and then ate the button. Now he OMANK.

As to your comment:

quote:
Farmers will often pen up pigs within a rattlesnake nest because the pigs will eat the snakes, and if bitten they will not be harmed by the venom.
I have never EVER seen this on any farm I have been to.

quote:
The pig is so poisonous and filthy, that nature had to prepare him a sewer line or canal running down each leg with an outlet in the bottom of the foot. Out of this hole oozes pus and filth his body cannot pass into its system fast enough. Some of this pus gets into the meat of the meat of the pig.
Never heard of this either. Not saying it's not true, I guess, but it seems to odd and unlikely.

quote:
Unlike other mammals, a pig does not sweat or perspire. Perspiration is a means by which toxins are removed from the body. Since a pig does not sweat, the toxins remain within its body and in the meat.
If I'm not mistaken, most mammals DON'T sweat. Don't dogs pant because they can't sweat?

quote:
Pig meat has twice as much fat as beef. A 3 oz T-bone steak contains 8.5 grams of fat; a 3 oz pork chop contains 18 grams of fat. A 3 oz beef rib has 11. l oz of fat; a 3 oz pork spare rib has 23.2 grams of fat.
I always thought pork was advertized as being leaner than beef.

--------------------
"For me, religion is like a rhinoceros: I don't have one, and I'd really prefer not to be trampled by yours. But it is impressive, and even beautiful, and, to be honest, the world would be slightly worse off if there weren't any."
-Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 3239 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
YeeMum
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for YeeMum   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I recall a thread last month where we discussed the whole pork thing but I can't find it.
Having raised pigs, they are clean animals. They roll in the mud to cool themselves. They will choose one place in the pen to elimate and only use that.
Sweat has nothing to do with toxins, organs have that job.

So much more to debunk must go hit something.

of course look at the source, that may have something to do with the missinformation.

--------------------
Contact me for discounts
Charter member WNDMDC
"I am putting you on hold now.Listen to the elevator music and LIKE it."~My 'J'

Posts: 1816 | From: NE, Oregon | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Starla
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starla     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MapleLeaf:
quote:
Pig meat has twice as much fat as beef. A 3 oz T-bone steak contains 8.5 grams of fat; a 3 oz pork chop contains 18 grams of fat. A 3 oz beef rib has 11. l oz of fat; a 3 oz pork spare rib has 23.2 grams of fat.
I always thought pork was advertized as being leaner than beef.
It is Pork vs Other Meats
Per 3 ounces:
Pork Tenderloin 139 calories 4.1g fat
Beef tenderloin 175 calories 8.1g fat

Pork rib chop 186 calories 8.3g fat
Pork loin chop 171 calories 6.9g fat
Pork boneless sirloin chop 164 calories 5.7g fat

Not only is the OP nutrition information for a pork chop way off, but there are several different kind of pork chops and they didn't specify which one.

--------------------
This used to be the life, but I don't need another one.
MyBandwagon

Posts: 3254 | From: small town Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Grand Illusion
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grand Illusion   Author's Homepage   E-mail Grand Illusion   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Upon examining the website cursorily, I believe that these people are cultists who have a radical agenda sustained by misinformation on various subjects. I wouldn't give anything this site says much credence.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.

"Are you pondering what I'm pondering?" - The Brain

Posts: 587 | From: Colorado | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Floater
Xboxing Day

Icon 215 posted      Profile for Floater   Author's Homepage   E-mail Floater   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MapleLeaf:
If I'm not mistaken, most mammals DON'T sweat. Don't dogs pant because they can't sweat?

Dogs (and cats) can indeed sweat. The problem is that their bodies are covered with fur, so the only place where it's convenient for them to have sweat glands is under their feet.

--------------------
Små hönor skall inte lägga stora ägg för då blir de slarviga i ändan

Posts: 1334 | From: Sweden | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages