snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Food » McDonald's -- anything but what you think it is (Page 0)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: McDonald's -- anything but what you think it is
Jooky
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jooky   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by candy from strangers is sweeter:
Welcome to the board, Jooky! And thanks for the information.

Thanks! I look forward to being a part of this community.

Jooky

Posts: 3 | From: Canton, IL | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TransponderHut

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TransponderHut   E-mail TransponderHut   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jooky:
[ If so, then you realize that its all futile, if you dont want to eat some dead insects , employee saliva, or rodent droppings, you might as well grow all your own food, and prepare it yourself.

What are people's motives behind spitting in food and other nasty things anyway? Are they just being juvenile or what?
Posts: 47 | From: Maine | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
bloodaxe

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bloodaxe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Malruhn:
McDonalds doesn't import.

One of the things I learned in BOC (Basic Operations Course for junior McDonald's Managers) was that before a McDonalds was opened in a country, all the infrastructure was in place before they opened, so there was no need for import. If they need beef, McD's funds somebody to start a slaughterhouse and cattle ranches. If they need taters (boil 'em, mash 'em, put 'em in a stew!), they fund a po-ta-to farm (sorry, I really like that song!!)

It was one of the amazing things I learned in school.

All their stuff is "pure". You order a beef hamburger, you get a meat patty that is all cow. I won't go into what parts... (they never said) You want fries, they are all potato (with a light sugar-water rinse).

The only thing they "add" to the meat and fries is cold. They get flash-frozen at the packing plant. That's it. Nuthin' else.

Even after working there for three years, I still eat there with no fears.

Oh, and their fries and coffee are to die for...

Reminds me rather of Terry Pratchett's character Cut-My-Own-Throat Dibbler flogging his 'sausages inna bun'- "genuine 100% pig!" "you mean pork, don't you?" "no, 100% Pig!
I had ostrich in Amsterdam a few years ago, at least they said it was ostrich, as I've never had it before how could I tell? Could be Alsation dog for all I knew! [Big Grin]
I was told that Mc d's used processed wheat or corn to make their fries, and yes I can't see how that would save costs either.

Posts: 34 | From: South Shields, England | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
gnome
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gnome   E-mail gnome   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Monopoly is "Rigged"? In what sense...? If they mean that there's a gazillion "Park Place" and hardly any Boardwalk, well, DUH.

The only scandalous definition I can think of with "Rigged" is if the prize-winning pieces were directed to specific participants that had inside contacts.

Posts: 418 | From: New Port Richey, FL | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
abbubmah
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abbubmah   E-mail abbubmah   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah, that never happens.

--------------------
Fundamentally Unfundie since 1975

Posts: 7942 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Setzer
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 605 posted      Profile for Setzer   Author's Homepage   E-mail Setzer   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hooray for snopes and the truth! I can vouch for some things personally too. A Hardees I worked at (For all of 3 nights) had a roach problem. The KFC I work at right now had mouse problems from time to time. Right now there's one living in the corner of the cleaning pit. I call it Flower, since it lives in the wall.

Gotta watch for racoons and possums under the dumpster too.

Haven't got a damn clue as to what's in the fish snackers though. I eat them anyway, but still...

-Peace

Posts: 104 | From: Worden, Illinois | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Menolly
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Menolly   E-mail Menolly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ulkomaalainen:
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
Of course if
these things got out i would probally be out of a job, but Im sure I can
get a beetter one.

Howw abut becomming ann englich Teacher?
[Big Grin]

--------------------
Let's just pretend we're normal for a minute ~ New favorite T-shirt quote

Posts: 1193 | From: Ohio | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
gnome
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gnome   E-mail gnome   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, ok... that counts as rigged, yep.
Posts: 418 | From: New Port Richey, FL | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ILS
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ILS   E-mail ILS   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Posted by gnome ...
The only scandalous definition I can think of with "Rigged" is if the prize-winning pieces were directed to specific participants that had inside contacts.

This happend a few years ago, but by employees outside of McD's control. But somehow, I don't recall the details, a person who had access controlled the game so that several of his family and friends received the top prizes.
Posts: 287 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ILS
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ILS   E-mail ILS   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Spanked I beleive the word phrase is.
Posts: 287 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
moonfall86
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonfall86   E-mail moonfall86   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by boogers:
But very slight molecular changes can seperate one simple harmless substance from something comepletely different so this "one molecule" meaning your butter is plastic is rubbish. Sodium and Chlorine are deadly by themselves yet together they're just salt. And of course flammable gasses hydrogen and oxygen become the sustance that comes out of the tap when they form H2O.

On the other hand:

Johnny was a clever lad
Johnny is no more
What he thought was H2O
Was H2SO4.

I don't think they serve the latter substance at McDonalds.

Very true. Another one molecule difference is between H20 and H202. The second one is hydrogen peroxide--not something I would recommend drinking or bathing in.

And if Johnny was such a clever lad, how come he drank sulfuric acid?

Posts: 885 | From: Florida | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Esprise Me

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Esprise Me     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Just two more cents into the pot on the roaches issue...
I've worked in restaurants for almost five years, and most of my friends work in restaurants as well. Roaches, mice, and other vermin are a constant problem pretty much everywhere. The particular sort of pest varies by area; I seem to see a lot more rodents in Boston than in SoCal, for some reason. But the point is, every restaurant is constantly fighting a battle with the creepy-crawlies. No matter how many you kill, or how well you seal the place up, as long as there is food they will keep coming. All you can do is keep the place as clean as possible, especially when you shut down for the night, and hire a pest-control company to spray once a month.
If you think about it, though, it's sort of comforting to know every restaurant has this problem. I've been eating out regularly for over 20 years and I'm not dead yet.

--------------------
"If God wrote it, the grammar must be infallible. Perhaps it is we who are mistaken." -MapleLeaf

Posts: 977 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 505 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Some years ago I read in danish newspaper weekendavisen
(www.weekendavisen.dk) an article about mcdonalds. I cant find the story
on your site and Im wondering if it might be true.
The article was an extract from a book written by a journalist who had
visited the mcdonalds factories.
Among other things it discribed how the meat for the hamburgers are
produced. They have a room or a machine in which the cows are placed and
beamed with ultrasound so everything but the bones is zapped off of them
and grinded into burgermeat. Eyes and skin and stomach contents and
everything is used. After this process there is no taste left in the
substanse and the taste of beef is artificial added. But the most
disturbing information is that in the factories, which are placed by the
mexican borderline, many of the employees are illegal mexican immigrants
and because the immigrants have no rights, no one cares to stop the
meatgrinders if a mexican worker accidentially drops himself into it. Many
workers in the factory have missing limps due to accidents with the
maschinary, so therefore a mcdonalds hamburger could possibly contain
human flesh.
It sounds very much insane and a lot like a legend, but I consider this
paper to be kind of reliable, so Im not sure. Unfortunatly I cant remember
the name of the writer, and I cant find anything about the story on the
internet, but it would be very interesting to find out in some way if its
true or not.

I hope this story is of use, and I hope to find it falsified some day.
I appoligises for my broken english, I hope you can decode it.

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
musicgeek
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for musicgeek   E-mail musicgeek   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Awfully late to the party, I know, but since the topic's active again...
quote:
Originally posted by Laser Potato:
I've heard that the McLean sandwich was made of either seaweed or tofu. Granted, that wouldn't be so bad, and it's actually plausible for once.

The McLean Deluxe was in fact made with seaweed, or, more accurately, a seaweed derivative:

carrageenan

1991 NY Times article mentioning McLean Deluxe

--------------------
[God said] "I'll just sit back in the shade while everyone gets laid; that's what I call intelligent design." - Chris Smither, "Origin of the Species"

Posts: 411 | From: Fairfield, CT | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
SchmooPie
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SchmooPie   E-mail SchmooPie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Many
workers in the factory have missing limps due to accidents with the
maschinary, so therefore a mcdonalds hamburger could possibly contain
human flesh.

I have a missing limp. God, I hope I never find it!
[lol]

Okay, fine [fish]

--------------------
"Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you."
- C. G. Jung

Posts: 243 | From: Marina del Rey, CA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
HenryChicane
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HenryChicane   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Sorry about bringing up this topic again, but my wife an I just got into our McDonald's milkshake discussion for the 900th time. Whenever I drink or even mention one she tells me that she learned in college that McD's shakes contain clay. She says her professor (she was briefly some sort of food science major before switching to English lit.) showed her class some documentation that this was a fact.

I tell her each time we have this discussion that I worked in McDonald's during highschool, and one of my regular duties was cleaning and filling the shake machine. The shake mix came in a plastic bag housed in a cardboard box, and the ingredients listed on it had no mention of clay or anything strange. If I remember correctly is was just sugar, milk, flavoring, and preservatives.

She refuses to believe me though.

The main page has a page about weirdness in the shakes but doesn't mention clay.
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/food/mcdshake.htm

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/ironhillpark

Posts: 75 | From: NewCastle, Delaware | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ganzfeld
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ganzfeld     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HenryChicane:
Sorry about bringing up this topic again, but my wife an I just got into our McDonald's milkshake discussion for the 900th time. Whenever I drink or even mention one she tells me that she learned in college that McD's shakes contain clay. She says her professor (she was briefly some sort of food science major before switching to English lit.) showed her class some documentation that this was a fact.

I tell her each time we have this discussion that I worked in McDonald's during highschool, and one of my regular duties was cleaning and filling the shake machine. The shake mix came in a plastic bag housed in a cardboard box, and the ingredients listed on it had no mention of clay or anything strange. If I remember correctly is was just sugar, milk, flavoring, and preservatives.

She refuses to believe me though.

The main page has a page about weirdness in the shakes but doesn't mention clay.
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/food/mcdshake.htm

Some foods, such as fancy, sweet coffee powders, contain silicon dioxide to prevent caking. It's basically sand and also is a major component of clay. Some of the McDonalds buns have silicon dioxide in their ingredients list. (I think it's completely harmless and it's ground so small that you can't notice it.) I assume that's so the mix doesn't clump during shipping and they can make the buns fresh every day at the store.

I don't see anything on the shake's ingredients list that looks remotely like clay.

ETA - Hm, apparently the chicken in their salads contains calcium silicate, which can be obtained from some clay-like materials, such as limestome. Again, it probably keeps the spices from caking. Maybe there used to be (or still is) some powdered ingredient of (some flavors of?) shakes that had an anti-caking agent. Anyway, they're not bad for you. They're in a lot of foods you already eat.

Posts: 4922 | From: Kyoto, Japan | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
New Bulldog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for New Bulldog   E-mail New Bulldog   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chloe:
Odd, Malruhn--one of the things that came out at the infamous McLibel trial was that McDonald's had been importing Brazilian beef.

And the fries are horrible. The most horrible thing about them is that you have one, realize you don't like the taste, then find yourself reaching for another one. It's got to be the salt, or something.

The coffee's ok, but I've only slipped and bought it twice in the last seven years or so. Not bad.

I think they mix cocaine in with the fries, in my experience working at a McD's for a yeear, that was the conclusion I came to...and was a good excuse for the 50 lbs I gained.

--------------------
Why,yes, as a matter of fact, I AM amazing.

Posts: 3 | From: Glenville, West Virginia | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
guruwan2b

Icon 1 posted      Profile for guruwan2b   Author's Homepage   E-mail guruwan2b   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I worked at a McD's about 13 years ago. Our restaurant never had a roach or rodent problem.
I worked early mornings and I think I would have noticed if there were roaches scurring around when the lights went on.
But this was a small town McD's. I have been to bigger cities where you could see roaches in McD's.

--------------------
Too much of this navel gazing and we'll disappear up our own arses.
Danvers Carew

Posts: 7465 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FullMetal
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FullMetal   E-mail FullMetal   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
you know it's funny...

I know a guy who worked for 3 years at a McDonalds meat packing plant and this is his story...

the beef they used was very lean, not mechanically separated but normally butchered. (like you'd get at any butcher/grocery store) full sides of beef, fat cut off, to make lean ground beef. the beef that came out of the grinders was a mix of all parts of the side of beef from the Tenderloin to chuck to whatever. all of it went into the grinder. the result was ground beef that was very lean. they then took the beef and added whatever it was they added to make it bind, and produced the patties. flash freeze them and box and ship. on his last day a bunch of them quit, and one of them stole a box of quarter pounders. they had a bbq. with these quarter pounder patties. and he said that was the best burger he ever tasted... when the patty was properly cooked on a grill, it was an amazing burger experience [Big Grin]

Posts: 153 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 105 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I have jeard from a couple people that McDonalds is "the largest
purchaser of beef tripe" I read the eyeball, and worm meat stories but am
curious if there is any truth to the Beef Tripe claims?

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BeachLife
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BeachLife   Author's Homepage   E-mail BeachLife   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
At the slaughter-house which is one my clients, all the beef tripe is sent to Mexico.

--------------------
Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone.
Jack Dragon, On Being a Dragon
Confessions of a Dragon's scribe
Diary of my Heart Surgery

Posts: 12094 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snapdragonfly
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snapdragonfly     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BeachLife:
At the slaughter-house which is one my clients, all the beef tripe is sent to Mexico.

Menudo is a very popular Mexican dish (one that I won't try, because, eew, tripe) so that doesn't surprise me.

I can't think of any popular American dishes that involve tripe, or at least that do to our knowledge.

snap* I'll have the vegetarian tripe, thanks anyway* dragonfly

--------------------
"Wolves, dragons and vampires, man. Draw the nut-bars like big ol' nut-bar magnets." ~evilrabbit

(snurched because one of my nutbar family members is all about wolves and another one is all about dragons...)(with apologies to surfcitydogdad)

Posts: 2397 | From: Texarkana, TX | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snapdragonfly
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snapdragonfly     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I worked at Micky D's in high school and I guarentee the place was spotless. If there was nothing that needed cleaning and no customers, you just recleaned something that was clean anyway.

My husband has been in the kitchen of every restarant in town and says that the only place that is clean enough, that you wouldn't swear never to eat there if you saw it, are McDonalds. Boy, does he have stories. Even the fancy and expensive places. Vermin, grease, stuff that's just never been cleaned, mops right by the food, violations out the ying yang.

I've been in some McDonalds that looked kinda sketchy but that's contrary to a widely enforced company policy of cleanliness.

The food is pure heart attack inducing, utterly devoid of any life force, plasticy salty mush, but, it's CLEAN at least.

I have to admit once a year I get a craving for one of the plain little cheeseburgers and those cocaine fries.

--------------------
"Wolves, dragons and vampires, man. Draw the nut-bars like big ol' nut-bar magnets." ~evilrabbit

(snurched because one of my nutbar family members is all about wolves and another one is all about dragons...)(with apologies to surfcitydogdad)

Posts: 2397 | From: Texarkana, TX | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 302 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I have jeard from a couple people that McDonalds is "the largest
purchaser of beef tripe" I read the eyeball, and worm meat stories but am
curious if there is any truth to the Beef Tripe claims?

"I know the worm story is false, and I know the eyeballs story is false, and I know the tongues story is false, and I know the hooves story is false, and I know the tripe story is false, and I know the kangaroo meat story is false, and I know the bull testicles story is false, and I know the bovine earwax story is false, but I just heard that McDonald's is the world's largest purchaser of cow uteruses. Is that true?"

- snopes

Canuckistan

Icon 506 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, is it?

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 506 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: McDonalds: my grandson heard that they kill baby chicks. He
hates them now.

I would like to find out the truth here. Have you heard of this urban
legend? If so, do you know the truth?

Spamamander in a pear tree

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spamamander in a pear tree     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes. Yes they do. Each individual McNugget is a battered baby chick.

And think of all the EGGS they kill!

--------------------
"There is a race between mankind and the universe. Mankind is trying to build bigger, better, faster, and more foolproof machines. The universe is trying to build bigger, better, and faster fools. So far the universe is winning." -Albert Einstein

Posts: 1058 | From: Yakima, WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
pob14
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pob14     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Filet o' Spamamander:

WASHINGTON, DC -- Today President Bush held a press conference, appearing at the White House with a dozen "Snowflake Chicks" that had been earmarked for Egg McMuffins, but were adopted by chickless hens. "We must stop the wholesale murder of unborn chicks for the sole purpose of fattening up our nation," the President said. "Any of these chicks could grow up to be the next Chicken Little, or Cock Robin, or even Foghorn Leghorn."

The press conference was protested by several members of Planned Breakfasthood, who attempted to advise the President that only unfertilized eggs are used for cooking, but he didn't seem interested.

--------------------
Patrick

Posts: 576 | From: Illinois | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Doug4.7
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 86 posted      Profile for Doug4.7   E-mail Doug4.7   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snapdraculafly:
My husband has been in the kitchen of every restarant in town and says that the only place that is clean enough, that you wouldn't swear never to eat there if you saw it, are McDonalds. Boy, does he have stories. Even the fancy and expensive places. Vermin, grease, stuff that's just never been cleaned, mops right by the food, violations out the ying yang.

In HS, I worked at a grocery store and sometimes worked the frozen food section. After that experience, I am always surprised so few people get sick off of "frozen food". Remember how many frozen foods say, "Do not refreeze" on the package? That is because the store already has, at least a few times. Typically, the frozen food truck was unloaded into the back room (not the freezer) by the day staff in the early morning. I would get there after school and take the decaying pile of semi-thawed food items and put them on the shelf (if they were still frozen) or into the freezer if they were thawed (to refreeze them). When I was done, I would have to clean up the goo that ozzed out of the various packages that remained on the back room floor. Food service is not pretty.

--------------------
And now for something completely different...

Posts: 4164 | From: Alabama | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spamamander in a pear tree

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spamamander in a pear tree     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pob14:
quote:
Originally posted by Filet o' Spamamander:

WASHINGTON, DC -- Today President Bush held a press conference, appearing at the White House with a dozen "Snowflake Chicks" that had been earmarked for Egg McMuffins, but were adopted by chickless hens. "We must stop the wholesale murder of unborn chicks for the sole purpose of fattening up our nation," the President said. "Any of these chicks could grow up to be the next Chicken Little, or Cock Robin, or even Foghorn Leghorn."

The press conference was protested by several members of Planned Breakfasthood, who attempted to advise the President that only unfertilized eggs are used for cooking, but he didn't seem interested.

Just... YOMANK. I needed that this morning. I had actually tried to come up with anti-abortion glurge to go along with those poor slaughtered eggs but my brain has been running on empty. Perfect.

--------------------
"There is a race between mankind and the universe. Mankind is trying to build bigger, better, faster, and more foolproof machines. The universe is trying to build bigger, better, and faster fools. So far the universe is winning." -Albert Einstein

Posts: 1058 | From: Yakima, WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Malruhn
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Malruhn   E-mail Malruhn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Spam, if you could add something about making the baby Jesus weep, you'd have won the YOMANK contest!

Doug - you have officially grossed me out.

--------------------
Opinions aren't excuses to remain ignorant about subjects, nor are they excuses to never examine one's beliefs & prejudices...

Babies are like tattoos. You see other peoples' & they're cool, but yours is never as good & you can't get rid of it.

Posts: 5622 | From: Jax, Florida | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Joostik
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joostik   Author's Homepage   E-mail Joostik   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HenryChicane:
Whenever I drink or even mention one she tells me that she learned in college that McD's shakes contain clay.

That could actually be healthy for you. Clay minerals can help digestion and are sometimes added to food.

Edible Clay

Code of Federal Regulations

Posts: 794 | From: Utrecht, Utrecht | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 23 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I heard the meat that Taco Bell uses is soy meat. I looked at the
meat and it does not look real. I felt it and it does not feel real. I
still remember what meat tastes like and I had Taco Bell before I became a
vegitarian a year ago. Taco Bell's meat is different from other ground
beef and stuff. I have a friend who's vegitarian and she eats Taco Bell
because it is soy meat and she believes it is soy meat. I still dont trust
it. I looked it up myself and they say its real. But I dont know.

Major D. Saster
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Major D. Saster         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
...so therefore a mcdonalds hamburger could possibly contain
human flesh.

OH MY GOD !!!

SOYLENT MC GREEN IS PEOPLE !!!111!!!

--------------------
Desperate, but not serious.

Posts: 689 | From: Confoederatio Helvetica | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages