snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Crime » Someone, quick, call me a cop!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Someone, quick, call me a cop!
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 213 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
The phone call to the Sacramento Police Department was from an irate husband. He was complaining about his nagging wife and he wanted police to "take care of her." Officer Kevin Mulderrig, noticing bad reception on the line, asked the man where he was calling from.

"Los Angeles," he answered.

"Sir, do you know this is the Sacramento Police Department?" Mulderrig asked. "Why don't you phone the Los Angeles Police Department with your spousal complaint?"

"I did that," the man responded. "They told me that there was nothing they could do about it, and if I didn't like it, I should phone Sacramento."

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 212 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Los Angeles Police Officer Susan Quan heard a 21st century alibi when she pulled a driver over for an illegal maneuver. "My GPS [global positioning system] said I could turn here," the motorist complained.

This was in West L.A., of course.

Honest, officer: Some other creative excuses uttered by drivers, according to the Thin Blue Line, an LAPD publication:

• "I knew it was dangerous to make a U-turn from the curb, but I didn't know it was illegal."

• "Yes, I saw the stop sign, but I'm late for work and besides you shouldn't be here anyway. You should be where the gangs are."

• "Was I really going 93 mph" in a 35-mph zone?

The last driver, acknowledging that speeders were a problem in the neighborhood, added: "I'm the one who called and complained about the problem!"

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DAnnino
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DAnnino     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
In response to the title of the thread:

"OKAY, YOU'RE A COP!"

--------------------
NO BETTER FRIEND, NO WORSE ENEMY
--
"I grok when apes learn to laugh, they'll be people."

Posts: 727 | From: Southeastern Arizona | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mr. Billion
The First USA Noel

Icon 606 posted      Profile for Mr. Billion   Author's Homepage   E-mail Mr. Billion   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DAnnino:

"OKAY, YOU'RE A COP!"

Damn, you beat me to it. By a week. Ouch.

--------------------
"For the U.S. to get involved militarily in determining the outcome of the struggle over who's going to govern Iraq strikes me as a classic definition of a quagmire." ~Dick Cheney.

Posts: 747 | From: Kansas | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DAnnino
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DAnnino     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Billion:
quote:
Originally posted by DAnnino:

"OKAY, YOU'RE A COP!"

Damn, you beat me to it. By a week. Ouch.
I know. I find it hard to believe too.

--------------------
NO BETTER FRIEND, NO WORSE ENEMY
--
"I grok when apes learn to laugh, they'll be people."

Posts: 727 | From: Southeastern Arizona | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages