snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Crime » Mum loses $10,000

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mum loses $10,000
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 15 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mother-of-three Samantha Brownlaw lost $10,000 and almost became homeless after falling for an internet scam.

Just months after losing most of her possessions in a house fire, Ms Brownlaw got caught in an inheritance con after she went online to research her family tree.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,20779738-3102,00.html

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pseudo_Croat
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pseudo_Croat   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pseudo_Croat   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
People are still falling for those 419 scam thingys? You'd think people, even desperate people, would know by now. [Roll Eyes]

- Pseudo_Croat

--------------------
"At all events, people who deny the influence of smaller nations should remember that the Croats have the rest of us by the throats." - Norman Davies, Europe: A History

God wants spiritual fruits, not religious nuts.

Posts: 4578 | From: Sunrise, FL | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Richard W
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard W   E-mail Richard W   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
At least she learned enough not to take the "business opportunity" selling cocaine. I know it's unfortunate but that part was quite funny. How on earth do you end up getting stalked by an online cocaine dealer?
Posts: 8725 | From: Ipswich - the UK's 9th Best Place to Sleep! | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
me, no really
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for me, no really   Author's Homepage   E-mail me, no really   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
There's even a noce plug for snopes in the comments section. Hopefully that might help other people not fall into the same trap

me

--------------------
Check out my handmade pens
Check back often because the page changes often

Posts: 831 | From: Brisbane, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages