snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Crime » Casing attacks

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Casing attacks
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 402 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: A deadly new trend is on the rise. Illegal immigrants, members of the el
salvadorian gang MS-13 and other criminals have found a new way to rob you
and your family. Please read the following with understanding so you can
protect your families and be a step ahead of this madness and pass it
on...

Here's how they do it:

They watch your house to see who comes and goes, this is called 'casing'.
They attack in the morning hours by waiting until at least one person
leaves, then they run up and knock on the door repeatedly until somebody
answers the door. Once they open the door, they kick it in and rush their
way into your house. The idea behind this is to fool the other family
members into believing that their other family member who just left had
come back as if they forgot something and needs to get into the house so
they knock instead of using their keys. We've all done it. I know I have.
The criminals use this tactic so when they rush into your home and rob or
even kill somebody, the police can't tell if it was forced entry because
that person unknowingly opened the door, not thinking to look thru the
peephole or out the window first. This is a very serious and deadly trend
that is growing fast. Illegal immigrants and other criminals in America
with no jobs and are desperate will try this at every chance they get. So
please, tell your family members and get them up to speed on what's going
on in our country.

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Damian
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Damian   E-mail Damian   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
Comment: A deadly new trend is on the rise. Illegal immigrants, members of the el
salvadorian gang MS-13....
....Illegal immigrants and other criminals in America with no jobs and are desperate will try this at every chance they get. So please, tell your family members and get them up to speed on what's going on in our country.

Sounds suspiciously like a "blame the foreigner" rant.

Anyway, it is hardly a new scheme. Home invasions have been happening for ever.

It does not matter that the police cannot prove forced entry. The crime of burglary can even be proven on someone that was invited into the house.

--------------------
"I always tell the truth. Even when I lie." - Tony Montana

Posts: 890 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zachary Fizz
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zachary Fizz     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I heard that what they do is signal to their evil brethren by putting shoes on telegraph wires near their victims' houses, or by flashing their headlamps at fellow gang members.

They are said to target houses which fly the US flag, but you can protect yourself by disguising your house with a Mexican flag, crescent symbols, or lawn jockeys. This is because the illegal lizardmen, er, immigrants, are not Christians at all but worship the Moon god of Rome.

Remember - stay fearful. The illegal immigrants could strike at any time. And a lot of the time, they look just like you [Eek!]

Posts: 2370 | From: Arabia | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cactus Wren
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cactus Wren   E-mail Cactus Wren   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"Fifteen stab wounds, and the TV, DVD player, stereo, and computer are gone. But there's no sign of forced entry -- I guess no crime's been committed." [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.” -- Edward R. Murrow

IOToriSparrowANK!

Posts: 598 | From: Arizona | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Alluvian
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alluvian     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow, that was just painful to read, so much broken english. I found it ironic that it was all from an anti-illegal immigrant hate-UL.

"People who cant properly speak our language are breaking into houses!!! I know this because I am one! I cant make myself stop! Please teach me the english!"

Posts: 97 | From: Florida - USA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages