snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Crime » Woman Assaulted After Man Sneaks Into Her Back Seat

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Woman Assaulted After Man Sneaks Into Her Back Seat
Algae
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Algae   Author's Homepage   E-mail Algae   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Police: Woman Assaulted After Man Sneaks Into Her Back Seat

quote:
A local woman who left her unlocked car to make a purchase at a gas station on Oct. 8 returned to find a suspicious man in her back seat, police say.

The woman told police the man entered the vehicle that was parked at a gas station at Six Mile Road and U.S. Route 23. As the woman drove away from the station, the subject sat up in the back seat and put a knife to her neck, according to a news release.

It sounds like a copycat to this myth.

--------------------
Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Don't drink and derive!

Posts: 1957 | From: Southeast Michigan | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Seltaeb
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seltaeb     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Life can imitate art. My sister was murdered five years ago under very similar circumstances.
Posts: 109 | From: Lenexa, Kansas | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?
Carol of the Dells

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Why did I read this? That is one of my biggest fears [Frown]

--------------------
"I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, EVIL stuff... and I want in."- Homer Simpson

Posts: 2161 | From: Delaware | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Angela
The Swordfish in the Stone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Angela   E-mail Angela   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I misread the title as Women Arrested After Man Sneaks Into Her Backseat, and wondered why she was arrested instead of the man.

--------------------
He looks like an ostrich on crack.

Good morning starshine. The earth says hello.

Posts: 125 | From: Louisiana | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
candycane from strangers
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candycane from strangers   Author's Homepage   E-mail candycane from strangers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NocturnalGoddess never drinks- wine:
Why did I read this? That is one of my biggest fears [Frown]

Mine as well, that's why I always look in the backseat before I get in. My mother taught me to, her mother taught her to.

--------------------
Me: "He's 19? Uh oh, I bought him a beer."
A: "You contributed to the deliquency of a minor in drag!"
"Sweet spell check: keeping drunks off the radar since 1995."- IND
God Re-Animate Green Pork Bush

Posts: 3986 | From: Illinois, jealous? | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Trixie Tang
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trixie Tang   E-mail Trixie Tang   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Seltaeb- Jesus, that's awful. I hate to ask this, but was it someone she knew? I'm sorry if I'm offending you by asking such a personal question.
Posts: 46 | From: Donaldsonville, LA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Seltaeb
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seltaeb     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Seltaeb- Jesus, that's awful. I hate to ask this, but was it someone she knew? I'm sorry if I'm offending you by asking such a personal question.
Yes, her husband, who had actually staged an earlier attack on someone else to make it appear that it was a random act. He didn't get very far and hung himself in jail four days later.
Posts: 109 | From: Lenexa, Kansas | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages