snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Crime » Baby Abductors Shifting Focus (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Baby Abductors Shifting Focus
Cactus Wren
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cactus Wren   E-mail Cactus Wren   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snoozn:
The second thing is those visions of a plane crashing. When I imagine a car crash in my head it comes with no warning and is quickly over with. Imagining a plane crash I picture it diving out of the sky and all the passengers knowing they are going to die and having several minutes during which they can do nothing about it.
snoozn

Don't be silly, of course there's something you can do.

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.” -- Edward R. Murrow

IOToriSparrowANK!

Posts: 598 | From: Arizona | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mouse
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 604 posted      Profile for Mouse   E-mail Mouse   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by timbobmc:
Logoboros, and others who agree with his logic, have you read Barry Glassner's book The Culture of Fear; Why Americans are Afraid of the Wrong Things ?

A very enlightening book which I enjoyed quite a bit. It actually reinforced my belief that the media and press are the world's largest group of terrorists.

This is an excellent book which should be read by all of those people who believe that "it doesn't hurt to be aware of something like that."

Have I read it? That book's practically my Bible. Totally changed how I thought about everything. Now whenever I watch the news I ask myself, "Now what are they trying to sell me?" I keep hoping Barry will do a sequel given how hysterical everyone seems to be about everything.

Oh and Ultragotha, that was a beautiful post.

--------------------
"You see? The mysteries of the Universe are revealed when you break stuff." Coop from MegasXLR

"I distrust who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." -- Susan B. Anthony

Posts: 2246 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages