snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Techno-Babble » S-Video Help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: S-Video Help
SirKnight-Protector of Lady Visa
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SirKnight-Protector of Lady Visa   Author's Homepage   E-mail SirKnight-Protector of Lady Visa   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hello all,

I'm hoping someone can help me out. I have a S-Video connection on my Laptop and I am trying to hook this up to my TV so I can show a video from my laptop to a large crowd. I have the S-video cable and the TV recognizes the cable, but I cannot get the video to show up on the screen. Is there something I need to do with my laptop? I'm using Windows Media player to show the video. Please help.

--------------------
You have the Right to Remain Silent. Anything you say CAN and WILL be twisted around, taken out of Context and used against you.

All we need is love and beer. Old school metal and some holiday cheer to be happy.

Posts: 711 | From: Bowling Green, KY/ WKU | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I am guessing your TV isn't compatable.

What make/model is it?

--------------------
"When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty."--George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 19266 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Eve MG
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eve MG   Author's Homepage   E-mail Eve MG   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Is it something like changing the input to "Video 1" or "Video 2"?

Good luck!

--------------------
I love dairy! Does that mean I can't be a vegan?

Posts: 1569 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Methos
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Methos     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Are you certain that is s-video out on your laptop and not an input?

--------------------
I may be crazy but that doesn't mean I'm wrong...

Posts: 53 | From: indianapolis, IN | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Methuselah
Happy Holly Days

Icon 601 posted      Profile for Methuselah     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SirKnight-Protector of Lady Visa:
Hello all,

I'm hoping someone can help me out. I have a S-Video connection on my Laptop and I am trying to hook this up to my TV so I can show a video from my laptop to a large crowd. I have the S-video cable and the TV recognizes the cable, but I cannot get the video to show up on the screen. Is there something I need to do with my laptop? I'm using Windows Media player to show the video. Please help.

Well, the first thing I think of is that when I hook my laptop up to a projector for a presentatino, I need to hit one of the "function" keys along the top to change to "project" mode. I believe it's "f7" that I need to hit to get the laptop to work through the projector. Don't know if that will hep you or not.

--------------------
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." - G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 1514 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Not_Done_Living
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Not_Done_Living     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You may have to go to your video properties and enbale tv out....
Posts: 62 | From: Markham, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
SirKnight-Protector of Lady Visa
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SirKnight-Protector of Lady Visa   Author's Homepage   E-mail SirKnight-Protector of Lady Visa   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks I'll give that a try Methuselah and NDL. Of course it could just be the other deal and only a video in. We'll just have to see.

--------------------
You have the Right to Remain Silent. Anything you say CAN and WILL be twisted around, taken out of Context and used against you.

All we need is love and beer. Old school metal and some holiday cheer to be happy.

Posts: 711 | From: Bowling Green, KY/ WKU | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages