snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Techno-Babble » What the heck happened to my font size?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What the heck happened to my font size?
WildaBeast
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 01 posted      Profile for WildaBeast   E-mail WildaBeast   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The background for how this problem started might seem a bit rambling, but bear with me, at least some of it is relevant. [Smile]

Last week I was on my work computer, typing something, and paused to think for a few seconds. Except I happened to pause while holding down the shift key, and accidentally turned on the "filter keys" feature. Not knowing how to turn this feature back off from the top of my head, I went to the accessability wizard. The first step in the accessability wizard is the option is to make the text bigger. I apparently accedentally selected the "use bigger fonts" option somehow, everything got bigger (ie. text in the title bars or windows, taskbar, under icons). I thought I could just change it back by going back to the accessability wizard, but when I did that and selected "use normal sized fonts", it made everythig smaller than normal. Now the text in the title bars, taskbar, and even things like the battery gauge and the minimize/maximize/close buttons are all tiny now. How the heck do I get everything back to normal size?

--------------------
"Unseasonable is an odd word to begin with. It sounds like it's describing something that it's impossible to sprinkle pepper on." -- Nonny

Posts: 5483 | From: Just south of Folsom Prison, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
glisp42
I'm Dreaming Of A White iPod

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glisp42   Author's Homepage   E-mail glisp42   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Try holding the Ctrl key down while scrolling with the mouse wheel

--------------------
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK" and other lingo mean?

And we'll collect the moments one by one I guess that's how the future's done. -Feist

Posts: 1641 | From: Kansas | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
WildaBeast

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildaBeast   E-mail WildaBeast   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by glisp42:
Try holding the Ctrl key down while scrolling with the mouse wheel

That just changes the font size in the web browser, which was never affected by this problem in the first place.

--------------------
"Unseasonable is an odd word to begin with. It sounds like it's describing something that it's impossible to sprinkle pepper on." -- Nonny

Posts: 5483 | From: Just south of Folsom Prison, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
WildaBeast

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildaBeast   E-mail WildaBeast   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Never mind; it's fixed now.

I went to Display Properties -> Appearance, and even though Font Size was already set to Normal, I selected Normal again and clicked Apply and everything went back to normal. Wierd.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages