snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Techno-Babble » In "Sirius" need of help in Dallas

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: In "Sirius" need of help in Dallas
Wild1
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wild1   E-mail Wild1   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Okay Dallas Snopesters, I need your help. I do alot of driving out of town on the weekends, and at last have done myself the pleasure of buying a Sirius Sat. radio for the trip. The problem I am having is locally. I'm having no luck finding an FM station that will broadcast clearly. I'm sure I'm not the first person in Dallas to buy one of these, so someone out there must have some advice for me. My wife resisted this purchase for years, and now, only one day after instilation, I'm hearing the dreaded "told you so" because the signal is not very clear.
HELP!!!!!

--------------------
W.W.L.R.H.D. -- He blinded me with science.

Posts: 28 | From: Dallas, TX | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
justusfour
Bone Appétit!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justusfour     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
WILD, I got one for my father and he is using 88.1. He lives in Grand Prairie.

ETA: You may want to check the antenna installation with a professional. We still get a little bit of static, but nothing that really dampens the experience.

--------------------
"Is there anything fluffier than a cloud? If there is, I don't want to know about it."

Posts: 66 | From: Cowtown TX | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Wild1
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wild1   E-mail Wild1   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you. 88.1 is the preset, but it is not too good. I did find a link on sirius' web site this morning that has a search by zip code function, so I'll be trying them out after work today. Thanks for your suggestion, I do still have 88.1 on my list.

--------------------
W.W.L.R.H.D. -- He blinded me with science.

Posts: 28 | From: Dallas, TX | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
chillas
Coventry Mall Carol

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chillas     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Be sure your satellite antenna is located as high on the car as possible, and as close to your radio antenna as possible.

Depending on your car stereo, there are kits available that will allow you to plug it in directly. I have no idea of cost of these, though, but they might be worth looking into.

--------------------
Come on, come on - spin a little tighter
Come on, come on - and the world's a little brighter

Posts: 5595 | From: Columbus, OH : The Soccer Capital of America | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages