snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Techno-Babble » Introducing you to my Aircast

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Introducing you to my Aircast
tagurit
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 08 posted      Profile for tagurit   E-mail tagurit   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I sprained my ankle. Well, that was the conclusion after the xrays, the bloodwork, and ultrasound to rule out DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis) all proved negative. [Roll Eyes] At any rate, before I even dashed off to the Michigan Heart and Vascular Center, I was fitted with my new best friend, an FP Walker Aircast. Actually I hate the thing, but I just had to show it off. [Wink]

clicky, click click

See that little valve at the back under the middle strap? There's one on each side and I can inflate or deflate it with a little pump that came with the cast. How cool, eh?

Well, except that I hate wearing it. I can't wait to get out of it.

--------------------
Explore, enjoy and protect the planet
---
AAMAH

Posts: 8532 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Griffin at the Maul
Joyeux New Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Griffin at the Maul     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Boo! The company that I work for is a direct competitor of DonJoy Orthotics (the comapny that recently bought AirCast).

Most of their sales reps and management are jumping ship right now...

After DJO bought aircast, they shut down the US factory (in New Jersey), laying off over 200 employees, and moved production to Mexico.

--------------------
Where are we going, and why are we in this handbasket?

Posts: 782 | From: Arlington, TX | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Signora Del Drago
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 05 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ye, gods! Why were you rushed off to the Michigan Heart and Vascular Center for a sprained ankle? Oh, wait. It must have been before they knew that's what it was. Duh! So, I take it everything, except your ankle, is okay? Good! *hugs*

--------------------
"This air we're breathing. Oxygen, isn't it?"~I’mNotDedalus, impersonating Vincent D’Onofrio.|"Sometimes trying to communicate can be like walking through a minefield."~wanderwoman
"Give people a break. It's not easy doing a life."~Joshua Halberstam

Posts: 4020 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Troberg
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troberg     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Just be happy that the old plaster casts are gone. I broke my leg some 25 years ago and had to spend two months in one.

--------------------
/Troberg

Posts: 4360 | From: Borlänge, Sweden | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tagurit
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tagurit   E-mail tagurit   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah, everything's ok except my ankle. Apparently my veins are in great shape.

Gee, thanks Griffin. I hate companies that do that stuff. I already hated this darn cast but I have to wear it.

See, Troberg? Happy, happy! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Explore, enjoy and protect the planet
---
AAMAH

Posts: 8532 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages