snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Techno-Babble » Very well, second computer problem..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Very well, second computer problem..
Mickey Blue
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey Blue     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You guys asked for it, this one is much less of an issue but it is a minor annoyance..

I have two hard drives on my computer, a master and a slave, and they both have windows installed on them..

In the past there was no issue, but now for some reason it asks me which I want to load when I start my computer for some reason..

Now even this would not really be a problem except that the "master" one is second in the list, meaning every time I restart/start the computer I have to wait until it gets to that point and select that drive (otherwise it waits like twenty seconds and picks the highlighted drive, the first one, the wrong one).

I'd accept two solutions to this problem:

(1) Make it so it dosn't prompt me to pick a drive but simply opens the main one.

or..

(2) Make it so the main one is the first choice so after its brief waiting period it will auto-select the correct one.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-MB

--------------------
"All people are responsible for the good that they didn't do"

Posts: 4774 | From: Virginia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FullMetal
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FullMetal   E-mail FullMetal   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
boot to the master one,
in the control panel, under system, there will be a tab called advanced, under that a heading called start-up and recovery, (this is under XP, 2000 is similar)

in that window you can set all that.

Posts: 153 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
unhappy_buffalo
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unhappy_buffalo   E-mail unhappy_buffalo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You could also go into your BIOS and reset the order in which things boot... like mine is Floppy, CD Drive, master HD, Slave HD, then 2nd CD Drive.

--------------------
[IMG]http://sevenelevenclan.org/users/unhappy_buffalo/Unhappybuffalo2.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 42 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages