snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Techno-Babble » Done, but with errors on page

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Done, but with errors on page
paisley claus
We Three Blings

Icon 02 posted      Profile for paisley claus     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm having some internet issues. I think it might be Java-related because I'm unable to see the video on my myspace page and a lot of other animated things like that. Another thing that I remember is not being able to use the latest "You as a cartoon" website that was posted. When I'm snope-ing, not all of the graemlins are animated and the time stamps don't show up on any posts. I didn't always have this problem; I've tried to uninstall and reinstall Java, but that hasn't worked..

Also, after a page loads, it will say "done" down in the lower left corner of the window (I'm using IE), but there's a yellow triangle with an exclamation point next to it, and sometimes it will say "Done, but with errors on page."

I've tried searching the web for this, but I don't really know what the problem is so I don't know what to search for other than "yellow triangle" and "Done, but with errors on page"... Can anyone help??

TIA!

--------------------
"Oh, now we're going to start judging each other on things we've done?? Real fair!"

Posts: 1114 | From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Remarkgullabull
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Remarkgullabull     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
What browser are you using and is it a current version?

ETA: Sorry, I missed the part where you stated you are using IE.

--------------------
Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Posts: 1961 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
paisley claus
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paisley claus     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It's IE 6.0 (I had to look)... 7.0 just came out didn't it? Do you think that has anything to do with it?

--------------------
"Oh, now we're going to start judging each other on things we've done?? Real fair!"

Posts: 1114 | From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Hans Off
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hans Off   E-mail Hans Off   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
IIRC IE 6 and onwards don't come with java installed and you have to download it seperatley

Clicky

--------------------
"British English speakers point to Americans adding more syllables so that they can make even more noise without actually saying anything." Llewtrah

Posts: 2235 | From: Sussex , UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nick Theodorakis
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nick Theodorakis   E-mail Nick Theodorakis   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Isn't that a javascript, not java, error message? They aren't the same.

And, FWIW, so many pages have javascript errors that I've even stopped noticing.

Nick

--------------------
Don't forget to register for the New ULMB.

Announcement here

Posts: 1089 | From: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Griffin at the Maul
Joyeux New Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Griffin at the Maul     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I wold not recommend installing the final release version of IE 7. I used it all through beta, and it worked great, no issues, installed the final release version, it now does lots of wierd page formatting things (I can no longer see who posted particular posts without scrolling left, for example), and it also forces me to reboot at least once per day.

--------------------
Where are we going, and why are we in this handbasket?

Posts: 782 | From: Arlington, TX | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
stalker
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stalker     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The lack of animation is more likely down to Flash than Java. myspace uses it for videos and I believe IE (at least older versions, anyway) uses it for animated gifs.
Try upgrading to the latest version of Flash.

--------------------
Fetishists Unite! Anti-Fetishists Untie!

Posts: 215 | From: London, England | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Stan The Man
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stan The Man   E-mail Stan The Man   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Griffin 2020:
I wold not recommend installing the final release version of IE 7. I used it all through beta, and it worked great, no issues, installed the final release version, it now does lots of wierd page formatting things (I can no longer see who posted particular posts without scrolling left, for example), and it also forces me to reboot at least once per day.

I installed IE7 on my home PC a few days ago and have not had any issues so far.

--------------------
"A horse may be coaxed to drink, but a pencil must be lead" - Stan Laurel

Posts: 249 | From: Dallas | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ThornyWreath
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThornyWreath   E-mail ThornyWreath   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've had IE7 for a couple of weeks now, and I really like it--no problems at all.

--------------------
A little glitter can turn your whole day around.--Junie B. Jones

Engine 3:16

Posts: 1456 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Griffin at the Maul
Joyeux New Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Griffin at the Maul     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Stan, it took about two weeks after installing the final version to start having issues. I have tried uninstalling to go back to a beta, but there is apparently no way to uninstall it once it is in place.

--------------------
Where are we going, and why are we in this handbasket?

Posts: 782 | From: Arlington, TX | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
paisley claus
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paisley claus     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I apparently have java on my computer already; it shows up in the add/remove programs list. Is there a way to repair it or somehow figure out why it's not working right? When I try to download java from the link given above, it seems like it just freezes up.

And today, I can see the dates/times people posted. I'm not getting any errors on snopes today, but still am on some other pages.

ETA: I could see the times while I was typing this originally. Then they disappeared after I posted this! [Confused]

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages