snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » About This Site » Snopes Spotting » A look at what’s hot in pop culture

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A look at what’s hot in pop culture
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 501 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
http://www.meadvilletribune.com/features/local_story_328164750.html
Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Em
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Em   E-mail Em   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Is that an angry  - or a hot in pop culture  - ?
I always think he looks like he's in a really bad mood.

--------------------
What the NFBSK does YOMANK mean?

Posts: 1646 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cowboy Joe
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cowboy Joe   E-mail Cowboy Joe   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Now that snopes has been identified as hot pop culture, the law of hotness dictates it must now begin to suck. Soon, celebrity appearances will poplute our beloved UL board. Kieth Richards will answer your questions about why he decided against the Danish blood replacement treatment in the early 70s. The masses will find out that triptofan in Turkey does not cause sleepiness. And on and on and on. No more will snopesters be privy to a secret volume of information that makes us unique. My sister in law will no longer believe every glurge that crosses he email, resluting in hours of laughter on my part. This is indeed a sad day.

My response is to go as far away from "cool" as possible. Who wants to follow me over to the Michael Richards fan site?

--------------------
"See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda." -George W. Bush, Greece, N.Y., May 24, 2005

Posts: 382 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Doug4.7
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug4.7   E-mail Doug4.7   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, there goes the neighborhood...

--------------------
And now for something completely different...

Posts: 4164 | From: Alabama | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Signora Del Drago
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 218 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
 - We must guard snopes.com with our lives  - .
Or at the very least with our falling chandeliers  - and falling bricks  - .
And we must stop trying to dry our hair in the microwave  - .
My DOYC! Have we learned nothing [Eek!] ?

--------------------
"This air we're breathing. Oxygen, isn't it?"~I’mNotDedalus, impersonating Vincent D’Onofrio.|"Sometimes trying to communicate can be like walking through a minefield."~wanderwoman
"Give people a break. It's not easy doing a life."~Joshua Halberstam

Posts: 4020 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages