snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » Soapbox Derby » Barack Obama lost the presidency (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Barack Obama lost the presidency
snapdragonfly
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snapdragonfly     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ThistleSoftware:
I would love a race between Obama and Condoleeza Rice. What would the bigots and fundamentalists do? Would they just apoplexy and die right there?

Now that is really a brilliant idea. Ha!

--------------------
"Wolves, dragons and vampires, man. Draw the nut-bars like big ol' nut-bar magnets." ~evilrabbit

(snurched because one of my nutbar family members is all about wolves and another one is all about dragons...)(with apologies to surfcitydogdad)

Posts: 2397 | From: Texarkana, TX | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Fusca 1976
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fusca 1976   E-mail Fusca 1976   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Doug4.7:
quote:
Originally posted by Echinodermata Q. Taft:
Obama also clearly has more charisma than (say) Mondale, Dukakis, Gore, and Kerry put together...

Okay, 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 is NOT hard to exceed.... [Wink]
He has more charisma than John Kennedy, Abraham Lincoln and John Kerry put together.

Kerry has negative charisma!

Luís Henrique

Posts: 4498 | From: Brasília, Distrito Federal, Brazil | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
christmas tree kitapper
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for christmas tree kitapper     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr:

The others in the top 20 don't spend nearly as much as we do; Luxembourg spends practically nothing (though, I suppose being a tiny country makes that a little easier).

Well, that and the fact that probably half the coutries would accidentally attack Liechtenstein instead. "It's small! It begins with an 'L'! Who's going to notice the difference?"

--------------------
"I have never in my life been more disappointed by a politician I voted for than I have been with George Bush. He is a total liberal."- overheard by me on the shuttle to the U of A game on Nov. 11th.

Posts: 3878 | From: Tucson, AZ | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sara at home
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sara at home   E-mail Sara at home   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LeaflessMapleTree:
quote:
Originally posted by Echinodermata Q. Taft:
And at least one moron blogger is saying "Once a Muslim, always a Muslim" even though Obama is not now and never has been a Muslim....)

quote:
So, even if he identifies strongly as a Christian, and even if he despised the behavior of his father (as Obama said on Oprah); is a man who Muslims think is a Muslim, who feels some sort of psychological need to prove himself to his absent Muslim father, and who is now moving in the direction of his father's heritage, a man we want as President when we are fighting the war of our lives against Islam? Where will his loyalties be?

Is that even the man we'd want to be a heartbeat away from the Presidency, if Hillary Clinton offers him the Vice Presidential candidacy on her ticket (which he certainly wouldn't turn down)?

NO WAY, JOSE . . . Or, is that, HUSSEIN?

[Eek!] Where do people get these ideas???

Well, I would guess that the part about trying to prove himself to his father sounds like the current situation where some think Bush was trying to prove something to his father and see what a fine mess he's gotten us into.

And the part about having a Muslim president is sounds like the-pope-will-run-the-country rhetoric preached (literally and figuratively) when JFK ran.

--------------------
Assume that all my posts will be edited at least once. Dyslexic -- can't spell, can't type, can't proofread.

Posts: 8317 | From: Reading, PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BringTheNoise
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BringTheNoise   Author's Homepage   E-mail BringTheNoise   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
And hey, his name sounds like Osama, he must be Islamic.

--------------------
"The United States Government: significantly less cruel and sadistic than the Taliban." - Dara

Posts: 1289 | From: Aberdeen University, Aberdeen, UK | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Publius
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Publius     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Eisenberg:
quote:
Originally posted by Publius:
And if it's up to you, apparently, the country will keep electing the same losers who've spent the past half-decade running the nation into the ground.

This country is run into the ground?
You mean, has the country been run into the ground to the point where it's exhausted all of its political and economic power without any hope of recovery? No, of course not. But that's not a very good reason to keep electing the same politicians who've presided over the these past few disastrous years--politicians who have, in fact, managed to degrade the country to a staggering degree.

Your problem with Obama seems to be that, from your point of view, he's outside the political mainstream. Well, the polit ical mainstream has been wrong at practically every critical point recently. Maybe we should try something different.

Posts: 1640 | From: New Haven, CT | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages