snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » Soapbox Derby » 'Convert or die' game divides Christians (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 'Convert or die' game divides Christians
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 402 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Liberal and progressive Christian groups say a new computer game in which players must either convert or kill non-Christians is the wrong gift to give this holiday season and that Wal-Mart, a major video game retailer, should yank it off its shelves.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/12/12/MNG8TMU1KQ1.DTL

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
El Camino
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for El Camino   E-mail El Camino   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wait, I don't see anything wrong with a game that replicates most of European history. Those children need to know where they're coming from!
Posts: 1048 | From: Brunswick, Maine | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Paul Ortego
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paul Ortego   E-mail Paul Ortego   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wasn't there a game like this in The Simpsons? Rod and Todd were playing "Convert the Cannonite" or something like that. Stealing ideas from decade old cartoons. I guess the video game industry never has been the paragon of originality, anyway.
Posts: 60 | From: Shreveport, LA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
KaiTheInvader
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KaiTheInvader   Author's Homepage   E-mail KaiTheInvader   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Paul Ortego:
Wasn't there a game like this in The Simpsons? Rod and Todd were playing "Convert the Cannonite" or something like that. Stealing ideas from decade old cartoons. I guess the video game industry never has been the paragon of originality, anyway.

yep, it was called "billy Graham's Bible Blaster". my favorite line comes from that...

"I got him!"
"Nah, you just winged him and made him a Unitarian."

--------------------
Resurrection of mankind to careen in silent pace. Feeling lonely. I am the dream that nobody dreams of, but will you dream of me, and dream of eternal desire? If you dream of me, will you live for me? Will you? Will you?

Posts: 344 | From: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cactus Wren
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cactus Wren   E-mail Cactus Wren   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Players can choose to join the Antichrist's team, but of course they can never win on Carpathia's side. The enemy team includes fictional rock stars and folks with Muslim-sounding names, while the righteous include gospel singers, missionaries, healers and medics. Every character comes with a life story.

When asked about the Arab and Muslim-sounding names, Frichner said the game does not endorse prejudice. But "Muslims are not believers in Jesus Christ" -- and thus can't be on Christ's side in the game.

"That is so obvious," he said.

Can the Muslim-named characters be converted? Or are they only cannon (or hand-cannon) fodder?

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.” -- Edward R. Murrow

IOToriSparrowANK!

Posts: 598 | From: Arizona | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Echinodermata Q. Taft
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Echinodermata Q. Taft   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cactus Wren:
Can the Muslim-named characters be converted? Or are they only cannon (or hand-cannon) fodder?

Good question! You should be able to potentially convert anyone (other than, presumably, the Antichrist himself). (Besides, according to Jack Chick, you can convert a Muslim to a Christian in a dozen or two panels....)

--------------------
http://eqtaft.blogspot.com

Hope for the future! http://www.runobama.com

Posts: 3218 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Major D. Saster
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Major D. Saster         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
... And of course, the Antichrist happens to be Secretary General of the United Nations.

This trash obviously comes from the same factory as the "Liberality for All" comics.

--------------------
Desperate, but not serious.

Posts: 689 | From: Confoederatio Helvetica | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AdmiralDinty
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AdmiralDinty   E-mail AdmiralDinty   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Meh, the graphics don't even look that good. What self-proclaimed gamer would want it, evangelical or not? These Christian video games are always on the wrong side of the curve.

--------------------
"I wanna bite the hand that feeds me. I wanna bite that hand so badly. I wanna make them wish they'd never seen me." - Elvis Costello

Posts: 2291 | From: The Banks of the Merrimack, MA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
STF
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for STF   Author's Homepage   E-mail STF   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I think someone is missing the point.

ETA: That would be the makers of this game fwiw.

--------------------
STF on MySpace

Posts: 5186 | From: Coweta County, GA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Richard W
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard W   E-mail Richard W   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The Onion's AV Club have reviewed it:

Left Behind: Eternal Forces

It gets a D, but for what it's worth they've resisted the temptation for cheap shots or sensationalism, so I guess that's fairly objective.

I always wonder about the developers and staff that make these games. Unless there's a specific subset of purely Christian / "whatever-the-term-for-people-who-believe-in-the-Rapture-is" software companies who don't employ anybody else, there's no way (given typical developers and software industry types) that they can believe in what they're doing. There has to be somebody, somewhere in the process, that does - but I'd assume that would usually be at a "commissioning" level rather than any other level. Either that or a cynical ploy from a CEO who knows there's a ready-made market.

That would probably explain why these games (apparently) tend not to be any good.

Posts: 8725 | From: Ipswich - the UK's 9th Best Place to Sleep! | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pseudo_Croat
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 215 posted      Profile for Pseudo_Croat   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pseudo_Croat   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
This is wrong on so many levels. It's the same kind of logic that people used in the Crusades and the Inquisition. Why are some people who profess to call themselves Christian feeding themselves this garbage today? It's the last thing we need in these modern times.

Besides, don't the Muslims believe that Jesus Christ was an important prophet? They just don't believe in His divinity, or that He was the Son of God.

What's so wrong about "Love thy neighbor as thyself?" C'mon people. [Roll Eyes]

- Pseudo "leave this title behind, please" Croat

--------------------
"At all events, people who deny the influence of smaller nations should remember that the Croats have the rest of us by the throats." - Norman Davies, Europe: A History

God wants spiritual fruits, not religious nuts.

Posts: 4578 | From: Sunrise, FL | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
trollface
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trollface   Author's Homepage   E-mail trollface   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by E. Q. Taft:
Good question! You should be able to potentially convert anyone (other than, presumably, the Antichrist himself). (Besides, according to Jack Chick, you can convert a Muslim to a Christian in a dozen or two panels....)

Of course you can. All you need to do to convert anyone is tell them that Jesus was the son of God, and it'll happen instantly. Chick is wise in all things.

--------------------
seriously , everyone on here , just trys to give someone crap about something they do !! , its shitting me to tears.

Posts: 16061 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bug Muldoon
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bug Muldoon   E-mail Bug Muldoon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah, memories of Bible Adventures and Noah's Ark 3D...

There is quite a market for Christian videogames, mostly by basement developers. It's not a new phenomenon, it dates back to the 8-bit dates (if not to the dawn of videogaming).

quote:
I guess the video game industry never has been the paragon of originality, anyway.
Au contraire. It's extremely creative, but the sheer volume of output makes the samey games stand out all the better.

The Simpsons, by the way, took the Xian game idea from the videogame industry, not the other way around.

--------------------
All along the untrodden paths of the future, I can see the footprints of an unseen hand.

Posts: 6912 | From: Flanders | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mickey Blue

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey Blue     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Man, thats almost a game I want to own, just to fight back..

quote:
Liberal and progressive Christian groups say a new computer game in which players must either convert or kill non-Christians is the wrong gift to give this holiday season
Wow, so you have to be a liberal and/or progressive Christian to be against killing non-Christians? Kinda scary.

quote:
Left Behind Games' president, Jeffrey Frichner, says the game actually is pacifist because players lose "spirit points" every time they gun down nonbelievers rather than convert them. They can earn spirit points again by having their character pray.
You know these are probobly the same people who complain about GTA...

quote:
"You are fighting a defensive battle in the game," Frichner, whose previous company produced Bible software, said of combatting the Antichrist. "You are a sort of a freedom fighter."
Thats it.. I'm leaving the country..

quote:
In Left Behind, set in perfectly apocalyptic New York City, the Antichrist is personified by fictional Romanian Nicolae Carpathia, secretary-general of the United Nations and a People magazine "Sexiest Man Alive."
Wow..

quote:
Players can choose to join the Antichrist's team, but of course they can never win on Carpathia's side. The enemy team includes fictional rock stars and folks with Muslim-sounding names, while the righteous include gospel singers, missionaries, healers and medics. Every character comes with a life story.
Ok the rest sort of make some sense (from a warped pCm's point of view) but why "medics"? How did my profession get wrapped up into all of this..

Clearly these people have never met any REAL medics, cause I assure you we are all going to hell.

quote:
When asked about the Arab and Muslim-sounding names, Frichner said the game does not endorse prejudice. But "Muslims are not believers in Jesus Christ" -- and thus can't be on Christ's side in the game.

"That is so obvious," he said.

We don't endorse prejudice, but all muslims must be converted or killed.

quote:
But Plugged In, a publication of the conservative Christian group Focus on the Family, gave the game a "thumbs-up." The reviewer called it "the kind of game that Mom and Dad can actually play with Junior -- and use to raise some interesting questions along the way.
Its this enough to get whatever funding they have pulled? I mean really, its a game where you literally convert or kill nonbelievers.

quote:
Frichner said that is precisely his company's ultimate goal in offering the game: to bring parents and kids together to talk about the Bible. He said most teens are playing video games, so it was natural to turn the books into one.
Hey lets let grandma take a turn! Blast that mo-fo grandma, kill him dead! Yay Jesus! Praise him!

That said, I may have to go out and buy this game.. First lemme look at some reviews, if you can play on the "evil" side it could be fun, gunning down pCms (I presume).

--------------------
"All people are responsible for the good that they didn't do"

Posts: 4774 | From: Virginia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TurquoiseGirl
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TurquoiseGirl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Paul Ortego:

This was the first thing that came to my mind.

"Aw. Darn. Winged him. Now he's a Unitarian".

--------------------
There are people who drive really nice cars who feel that [those] cars won't be as special if other people drive them too. Where I come from, we call those people "selfish self-satisfied gits." -Chloe

Posts: 6995 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
GenYus
Away in a Manager's Special

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenYus   E-mail GenYus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey Blue:
That said, I may have to go out and buy this game.. First lemme look at some reviews, if you can play on the "evil" side it could be fun, gunning down pCms (I presume).

You can, but according to the article, you can't win that way.

--------------------
IIRC, it wasn't the shoe bomber's loud prayers that sparked the takedown by the other passengers; it was that he was trying to light his shoe on fire. Very, very different. Canuckistan

Posts: 3694 | From: Arizona | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mickey Blue

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey Blue     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
You can, but according to the article, you can't win that way.
According to some reviews I read (aside from the game sucking) you can only play the evil side in multiplayer anyways, dont' feel like being preached too while I'm online any more then I have to.

I would like to add that there is nothing wrong with a game where Christians get to convert/kill nonchristians in itself.. Its just a videogame after all, fictional. The "wrongness" to this all, IMO, is that apparently many Christians/Christian groups are getting behind this as a positive message..

To put that in perspective, thats sort of like saying killing all the cops you see is a positive message in GTA, as opposed to an interesting fictional videogame.

--------------------

Posts: 4774 | From: Virginia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ThistleSoftware
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThistleSoftware     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
A game where you can play either of two opposing sides but only one side can win sounds like the crappiest game ever.

--------------------
Officially Heartless

Posts: 3065 | From: The Montgomery County of the West Coast- Berkeley, CA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Artemis
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Artemis   E-mail Artemis   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah, because there are so many Muslim rock stars. There's...er...uh...Cat Stevens?

For what it's worth, from a kid's point of view, aren't fictionalized rock stars a whole lot more awesome than medics, gospel singers, and healers?

--------------------
"You can't play Electro-magnetic Golf according to the rules of Centrifugal Bumble Puppy."
-Mustapha Mond, "Brave New World"

Posts: 679 | From: New York | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Midgard_Dragon
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Midgard_Dragon   E-mail Midgard_Dragon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
The Campaign to Defend the Constitution and the Christian Alliance for Progress, two online political groups, plan to demand today that Wal-Mart dump Left Behind: Eternal Forces, a PC game inspired by a series of Christian novels that are hugely popular, especially with teens.
As horrible as this game sounds, should a group named "The Campaign to Defend the Constitution" really be getting into battles where they demand retailers not sell something that's perfectly legal? Isn't that going a bit against the Constitution?

ETA - I'd love to hear what Jack Thompson thinks about this game. Anyone hear anything about it from him?

--------------------
Midgard Dragon
-==UDIC==-
MidgardDragon's MySpace

Posts: 2455 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mickey Blue

quote:
For what it's worth, from a kid's point of view, aren't fictionalized rock stars a whole lot more awesome than medics, gospel singers, and healers?
Eh, something tells me kids who would find the premise of this game "cool" would not like those particular groups, odds are they'd be well into brainwash land... And everybody things medics are cool.. Everybody you hear! EVERYBODY!

--------------------

Izzy Quigley
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Izzy Quigley   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey Blue:
quote:
Liberal and progressive Christian groups say a new computer game in which players must either convert or kill non-Christians is the wrong gift to give this holiday season
Wow, so you have to be a liberal and/or progressive Christian to be against killing non-Christians? Kinda scary.
FWIW, I'm a Christian and not particularly liberal, and I'm disgusted that there are actually Christian groups supporting this game.

--------------------
A Viennese fellow is walking along the Karntner Strasse and notices a banana peel lying in his path. "Alas," he sighs, "now I must slip and fall down!"

Posts: 506 | From: Missouri | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
GenYus
Away in a Manager's Special

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenYus   E-mail GenYus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Midgard_Dragon:
As horrible as this game sounds, should a group named "The Campaign to Defend the Constitution" really be getting into battles where they demand retailers not sell something that's perfectly legal? Isn't that going a bit against the Constitution?

Sure, why not? They are not asking the government to remove the item, they are asking the stores to not carry the item. Censorship is perfectly Constitutional when done by businesses or private citizens. It is sort of away from their name-sake, but not against it.

--------------------
IIRC, it wasn't the shoe bomber's loud prayers that sparked the takedown by the other passengers; it was that he was trying to light his shoe on fire. Very, very different. Canuckistan

Posts: 3694 | From: Arizona | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
htonl
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for htonl   Author's Homepage   E-mail htonl   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Midgard_Dragon:

ETA - I'd love to hear what Jack Thompson thinks about this game. Anyone hear anything about it from him?

From here:
quote:

Christian attorney Jack Thompson, a fervent anti-video-game-violence activist in Miami, says the makers of "Left Behind" are compromising their values as they try to provide an effective substitute for mainstream games.

"It breaks my heart to realize that the culture has basically transformed the church rather than the church confronting the culture and trying to transform it," Thompson said.

Having litigated and been involved in many cases fighting against violent video game content, Thompson said studies show young people's brains are not developed enough to properly process simulated violence. He thinks the company is counting on a naivete within the Christian community to embrace the "Left Behind" game just because it is produced by self-proclaimed believers.

The negative effects of violence in video games should not be underestimated, he said, even if it's delivered in a box that is supposedly blessed.

"You've got a generation of boys in this country who are spending sometimes dozens of hours a week blowing away people," Thompson said. "Now they're going to have the opportunity to do it in a Christian setting and, you know, where does it stop?"

--------------------
Part of the Secular Humanist Conspiracy™ since 1997.

Posts: 35 | From: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Avril
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 210 posted      Profile for Avril     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Richard W:
"whatever-the-term-for-people-who-believe-in-the-Rapture-is"

Dispensationalists.

Avril

--------------------
There is no failure unless one stops. --Ray Bradbury

Posts: 2115 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
PeterK
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PeterK   E-mail PeterK   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
Liberal and progressive Christian groups say a new computer game in which players must either convert or kill non-Christians is the wrong gift to give this holiday season and that Wal-Mart, a major video game retailer, should yank it off its shelves.

Apparently all the other video games where you just kill everybody you don't like the look of, without even giving them a chance to join your side, are much more morally uplifting. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 670 | From: Australia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LeaflessMapleTree
The twelve shopping days 'til Christmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeaflessMapleTree   E-mail LeaflessMapleTree   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't see how this is worse than sexist, law-breaking games such as Grand Theft Auto. It's based on an offensive concept. But who cares if stores sell it?

--------------------
"For me, religion is like a rhinoceros: I don't have one, and I'd really prefer not to be trampled by yours. But it is impressive, and even beautiful, and, to be honest, the world would be slightly worse off if there weren't any."
-Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 3239 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Does GTA use a religion to justify its violence, though? Especially a religion whose founder, as it were, is known as the Prince of Peace?

--------------------
"When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty."--George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 19266 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LeaflessMapleTree

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeaflessMapleTree   E-mail LeaflessMapleTree   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr:
Does GTA use a religion to justify its violence, though? Especially a religion whose founder, as it were, is known as the Prince of Peace?

No, but does that make GTA better? Does it make a crime better if it's done for secular purposes?

--------------------
"For me, religion is like a rhinoceros: I don't have one, and I'd really prefer not to be trampled by yours. But it is impressive, and even beautiful, and, to be honest, the world would be slightly worse off if there weren't any."
-Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 3239 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Better? Meh...

I think the issue I have is the notion that somebody's view of Christianity is that those who won't/don't convert should be killed.

--------------------
"When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty."--George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 19266 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LeaflessMapleTree

Absolutely. And it's a sick, horrible attitude to have. I am just wondering why people want this game yanked from Wal-Mart's shelves, but they don't care if Wal-Mart sells stuff like GTA.

--------------------
-Silas Sparkhammer

AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr

Ah.

Well, I want every item yanked from Wal*Mart's shelves, so perhaps I should exit this conversation. [Big Grin]

--------------------

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 402 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
What about the Jews, then? They're obviously not on Christ's side (since they already killed Him once), but they certainly can't be on the same side as the Muslims.

- snopes

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Salamander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Salamander   E-mail Salamander   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PeterK:
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:

Apparently all the other video games where you just kill everybody you don't like the look of, without even giving them a chance to join your side, are much more morally uplifting. [Roll Eyes]
Which would be fair criticism of someone who defended GTA but was crying out for this to be removed from the shelves.

Yet I would be reasonably surprised to find that the Christian groups in the OP who are objecting to the release of this game would be in support of games like GTA. Therefore I find your snark to be misguided.

--------------------
"victory thru self-deception"

Posts: 2211 | From: Western Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Michigan Girl
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michigan Girl     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by trollface:
Of course you can. All you need to do to convert anyone is tell them that Jesus was the son of God, and it'll happen instantly. Chick is wise in all things.

I see the light! I BELIEVE, I BELIEVE!

Michigan-former Muslim who became a Unitarian when she was winged and who now Found Jesus™ thanks to trollface-Girl

--------------------
~ Yep, I'm in Michigan ~ My blog http://catsrule2k.blogspot.com/
I am not willing to give up my constitutional freedoms just because I have nothing to hide

Posts: 142 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages