snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » Soapbox Derby » Paltrow: "British much more intelligent and civilized than the Americans" (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Paltrow: "British much more intelligent and civilized than the Americans"
Archie2K
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 107 posted      Profile for Archie2K   Author's Homepage   E-mail Archie2K   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SpareChange:
Usually when people hear my husband speak they will ask if he is from England, but a few times people have asked if he is from Australia (or once, New Zealand). But the funniest was last week when we were grocery shopping. After he paid the clerk handed him the receipt and asked, "So are you from New Jersey?" She did not appear to be joking. The two of us just looked at each other and he said with a smile, "No, London actually."

I got Australia once whilst over there. My favourite story though was coming up to a toll booth in southern New Jersey with our rental car adorned with the English flag (it was chav up your car week). The booth operator asked if we were from Sweden, Denmark and Norway, before arguing that "That's not the flag of England".

--------------------
Vox populi vox canem

Posts: 1985 | From: Reading, England | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages