snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » Soapbox Derby » Would you let Jake Chapman paint your wedding portrait?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Would you let Jake Chapman paint your wedding portrait?
Richard W
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 86 posted      Profile for Richard W   E-mail Richard W   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've got a wedding present idea for you, Embra.

These ghoulish things

I think it's quite decent, actually - presumably he was playing with the "'til death do us part" idea. Funny story, though - and at least the subject has a sense of humour:

quote:
"I keep reminding myself of my portrait's one big redeeming feature. I am very pleased to note that there isn't a single penis painted on or anywhere near my face. That, at least, is something."
(I should stop posting stories about art in case I end up looking like some sort of philistine...)
Posts: 8725 | From: Ipswich - the UK's 9th Best Place to Sleep! | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tarquin Farquart
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tarquin Farquart   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I actually like that picture - don't know if I'd want it for a wedding portrait though. [Smile]

--------------------
I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen and incessant quotations from "Now We Are Six" through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head. So there!

Posts: 802 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cold DecEmbra Brings The Sleet
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cold DecEmbra Brings The Sleet   E-mail Cold DecEmbra Brings The Sleet   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
[lol]

For several years, Mr Embra has promised a portrait to every couple whose wedding we have been to, as a present. He's only got round to doing one though, so maybe the Chapman bros have more availability in their calendars!

--------------------
I want you to lay down your life, Perkins. We need a futile gesture at this stage. It will raise the whole tone of the war.

Posts: 4495 | From: Surrey, UK | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages