snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Amusement Bark » So, your gonna die (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: So, your gonna die
Mormegil
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mormegil     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'd rather not die in my sleep. I'd prefer to know I was dying so I could say goodbye and prepare myself.

Plus you get to have last words like, "And the treasure is buried in... aagh."

Posts: 44 | From: San Bruno, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spam & Cookies-mmm
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spam & Cookies-mmm   E-mail Spam & Cookies-mmm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mormegil:
I'd rather not die in my sleep. I'd prefer to know I was dying so I could say goodbye and prepare myself.

Plus you get to have last words like, "And the treasure is buried in... aagh."

See, I'd time it wrong, and not be able to kick off right after "in". Then they'd be pestering me for the last few minutes. "Where's the treasure, Spam? What is it?"

I'll just keep my mouth shut. It's worked well enough for me up to now.

--------------------
Did you see the Announcement?
There's a new snopes message board!

Posts: 7767 | From: Paradise Ceded | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Andrew of Ware, England
A-Ware in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andrew of Ware, England   Author's Homepage   E-mail Andrew of Ware, England   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by happyholidaysfrog:
I forgot about spontaneously combusting. I change my choice. I want to spontaneuosly combust, only because I've spent a ridiculous amount of time wondering what it's like to spontaneously combust.

Interesting. I have read a report of someone in Victorian times dying of SHC. The report said that flames were shooting out of her stomach whilst she was still conscious. An interesting experience, but not the way I would like to go.

I have never done anything heroic in my life, so to die doing something like that would be nice. As Peter Pan said, 'To die will be be an awfully big adventure.'

(If this is my last post on the old board then what a strange subject to say 'goodbye' to it. Perhaps talking about death as the old board 'dies' is quite appropriate.)

--------------------
Andrew, Ware, England

Posts: 1709 | From: Ware, England | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Morrigan
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Morrigan   E-mail Morrigan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'd like to be killed by a flaming toilet seat from space.

Or in my sleep.

Morrigan

--------------------
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep." Robert Frost, Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening

Posts: 1701 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spam & Cookies-mmm
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spam & Cookies-mmm   E-mail Spam & Cookies-mmm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll probably be killed by a message board moderator for teasing newbies.

--------------------
Did you see the Announcement?
There's a new snopes message board!

Posts: 7767 | From: Paradise Ceded | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages