snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Amusement Bark » Donald Trump lets Miss USA keep title

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Donald Trump lets Miss USA keep title
Pogue Ma-humbug
Happy Christmas (Malls are Open)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pogue Ma-humbug   E-mail Pogue Ma-humbug   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Here

quote:
Tara Conner, who had come under criticism amid rumors she had been frequenting bars while underage, will be allowed to keep her title, Donald Trump announced Tuesday.
So nice to know that Trump has determined that Conner is moral enough and still virginal enough to remain Miss USA.

Pogue

--------------------
Let's drink to the causes in your life:
Your family, your friends, the union, your wife.

Posts: 11325 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
GenYus
Away in a Manager's Special

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenYus   E-mail GenYus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Now she is legal to drink, will she be not allowed to drink as part of this second chance?

Also, I assume kissing the 18 year old Miss Teen USA is forbidden too?

In other news, Miss California is royally cheesed.

--------------------
IIRC, it wasn't the shoe bomber's loud prayers that sparked the takedown by the other passengers; it was that he was trying to light his shoe on fire. Very, very different. Canuckistan

Posts: 3694 | From: Arizona | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
followsthewolf
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for followsthewolf   E-mail followsthewolf   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I wonder just what she agreed to do for the Donald.
Posts: 117 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
GenYus

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenYus   E-mail GenYus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hairstyling?

--------------------
IIRC, it wasn't the shoe bomber's loud prayers that sparked the takedown by the other passengers; it was that he was trying to light his shoe on fire. Very, very different. Canuckistan

Posts: 3694 | From: Arizona | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ryda Wong, EBfCo.
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   E-mail Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
For anyone who needs a bit of laughter, interspersed with extreme fear, just flip through that slide show at the OP link.

I mean, really, people. Really. Is this any kind of world in which to live?

--------------------
So many spankings! It feels so good! But at the same time, I don't care about meeting your family! - I'mNotDedalus:

Posts: 3216 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brillo Bee
Wii Three Kings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brillo Bee     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
OMD-- I only got through the first 20 frames or so. How many pictures of a pageant queen crying are really required here? I must say, though, she does look much prettier while crying than the average woman, so if that is what the pageant judges were going for, bravo!

Bee

--------------------
People do not wish to appear foolish; to avoid the appearance of foolishness, they are willing to remain actually fools. -Alice Walker

Posts: 335 | From: Minnesota | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
GenYus

I would imagine the normal life of a Miss USA winner is not quite as emotional as the press conference where she is told that she won't actually be stripped of her crown.

--------------------

Ryda Wong, EBfCo.
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   E-mail Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GenYus:
I would imagine the normal life of a Miss USA winner is not quite as emotional as the press conference where she is told that she won't actually be stripped of her crown.

Dude. She's an adult. She can act like one, rather than behaving like an immature little, ummm, puppy, yeah, puppy.

What I never heard mentioned throughout this whole thing was the scholarship, the stated raison d'etre for the pagent's existance. Ya know the thing that gets tossed in our faces whenever us funless feminists complain about the outstanding sexism and racism of the pagent. Would she have lost that? Is she even in college?

--------------------
So many spankings! It feels so good! But at the same time, I don't care about meeting your family! - I'mNotDedalus:

Posts: 3216 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
GenYus

quote:
Originally posted by Ryda Wong, EBfCo.:
quote:
Originally posted by GenYus:

Dude. She's an adult. She can act like one, rather than behaving like an immature little, ummm, puppy, yeah, puppy.
I make no call to her emotional state. I'm just saying that it is probably not fair to judge the tenure of a pagent winner from a single event that would probably be very emotional.

Dude.

quote:
What I never heard mentioned throughout this whole thing was the scholarship, the stated raison d'etre for the pagent's existance. Ya know the thing that gets tossed in our faces whenever us funless feminists complain about the outstanding sexism and racism of the pagent. Would she have lost that? Is she even in college?

Shhhhhhhhhh.

According to a link I found, she was going to Somerset Community College and the pagent asked her not to enroll for the semester so she could devote time to her tenure as Miss USA. I assume this is normal as the travel requirements would pretty much prevent any realistic coursework.

quote:
Connor, a freshman business administration major, was enrolled at SCC when she was crowned Miss Kentucky in the fall of 2005. Pageant officials asked Connors not to enroll for the Spring Semester because of her duties as Miss Kentucky and in order to allow her time to prepare for the Miss USA competition.

"They asked her not to register for the Spring Semester," her mother said. "Now, it's going to be at least a year. I don't know when she will get back to school."

As to what would have happened to her scholarship, I can't say.

--------------------

Pogue Ma-humbug
Happy Christmas (Malls are Open)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pogue Ma-humbug   E-mail Pogue Ma-humbug   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ryda Wong, EBfCo.:

Who cares? She reportedly was making out with Miss Teen USA. Isn't that reason enough??

(Still looking for those pictures.)

Pogue

--------------------
Let's drink to the causes in your life:
Your family, your friends, the union, your wife.

Posts: 11325 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rhiandmoi
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rhiandmoi   E-mail Rhiandmoi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I am not sure that Miss USA/ Miss Universe is a scholarship pageant. I think you just get prizes.

ETA: from www.missusa.com :

quote:
An Unbelievable Year Ahead

The Titleholders then embark on a year unlike anything else, receiving exciting prizes, cash and services, as well as:

* Part of each Titleholder's prize package is an employment contract with the Miss Universe Organization.
* The Titleholder becomes a representative of the company for one year, traveling the world, meeting heads of state, dignitaries, participating in official charity and social events, appearing on television, speaking on a variety of topics, and getting the education, experiences and values to fulfill her career goals.
* MISS UNIVERSE® and MISS USA® are provided with a luxury apartment in New York City during their term.
* MISS TEEN USA®, because she is usually still a student, lives at home and makes appearances during weekends and vacations.

So if she had been stripped of her title, the Donald could have told her, "You're Fired!"

--------------------
I think that hyperbole is the single greatest factor contributing to the decline of society. - My friend Pat.

What is .02 worth?

Posts: 8745 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages