snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Amusement Bark » MoTaS: New levels

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: MoTaS: New levels
moonlight
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 212 posted      Profile for moonlight   E-mail moonlight   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I played the Mystery of Time and Space a long time ago but gave up halfway through. Something reminded me of it the other day and I looked it up again. There were some new levels added and I'm having some trouble. I couldn't find any spoliers past level 13 and if Wikipedia is accurate, it's because levels 14, 15 and 16 were just added on 12/17/06! That is strange timing for me. If anyone wants to try, I am stuck on level 15 (or is it 16?).

Mystery of Time and Space

--------------------
I'm back to lurking.

Posts: 2709 | From: Illinois | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
the Virgin Marrya
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Virgin Marrya     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
oooh!
[wastes more time...]

--------------------
Windows cannot open this file. To open this file correctly, defenestrate, then try running the file again...

Posts: 5383 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Menolly
We Three Blings

Icon 08 posted      Profile for Menolly   E-mail Menolly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Moonlight, thanks for the free game link. I'm stuck at the green wall on level 12. Help, anyone? Pretty please?

--------------------
Let's just pretend we're normal for a minute ~ New favorite T-shirt quote

Posts: 1193 | From: Ohio | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Gibbie
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gibbie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm stuck on level 16 as well. It's driving me nuts.

Menolly, if you Wiki Motas, you'll there's a link to a walk through that will give you help on the green wall.

Gibbie

--------------------
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

Posts: 3993 | From: Indiana | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
moonlight
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonlight   E-mail moonlight   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Menolly:
I'm stuck at the green wall on level 12. Help, anyone? Pretty please?

I admit, I needed some help there too. You can find the complete wall solution here.

quote:
Originally posted by Gibbie:
I'm stuck on level 16 as well. It's driving me nuts.

Are you in the room with the four monitors? I'm going crazy...there's nothing!

--------------------
I'm back to lurking.

Posts: 2709 | From: Illinois | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
footprints010402
Eagle Opportunity Employer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footprints010402   E-mail footprints010402   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You have to put the images in the order you play them in the game for the monitors.

I'm stuck at the password in lvl 16

Posts: 17 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
moonlight
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonlight   E-mail moonlight   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
ETA: I got what I was looking for. Now I'm stuck in level 16 on the computer...

--------------------
I'm back to lurking.

GenYus
Away in a Manager's Special

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenYus   E-mail GenYus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Anyone on or passed 17? I can't figure out what to do with the thing with the red crosshairs and the UFOs. ETA: I have it aimed, I just can't figure out the directional arrows.

What help do you need on the computer in 16?

(Note: I didn't notice any message when I succeeded. You might just try the door after you think you have it done right.)

--------------------
IIRC, it wasn't the shoe bomber's loud prayers that sparked the takedown by the other passengers; it was that he was trying to light his shoe on fire. Very, very different. Canuckistan

Posts: 3694 | From: Arizona | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
footprints010402

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footprints010402   E-mail footprints010402   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
the thing with the crosshairs is directions to where you want to move the ufo top to(if that makes sense)
Posts: 17 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
GenYus

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenYus   E-mail GenYus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I guessed that. But where do I want to move it to? I tried Up-right-right-right-down and up-right-right-right-right and neither was useful. I can't think of any other combinations and there are too many possibilties for blind guessing.

ETA: Actually, I thought of many other combinations, but they don't work either.
ETA2: Thanks, got it!

--------------------
IIRC, it wasn't the shoe bomber's loud prayers that sparked the takedown by the other passengers; it was that he was trying to light his shoe on fire. Very, very different. Canuckistan

Posts: 3694 | From: Arizona | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
GenYus

Weeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool ending!

--------------------

moonlight
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Yay I finished too!

--------------------
I'm back to lurking.

trollface
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trollface   Author's Homepage   E-mail trollface   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm stuck on 14. I've got the axe, but that's about all I can figure out how to do.

--------------------
seriously , everyone on here , just trys to give someone crap about something they do !! , its shitting me to tears.

Posts: 16061 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
trollface
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trollface   Author's Homepage   E-mail trollface   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Never mind, I got it.

--------------------
seriously , everyone on here , just trys to give someone crap about something they do !! , its shitting me to tears.

Posts: 16061 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
trollface
The Bills of St. Mary's

Definitely stuck on 16. I've got the power on, got access to the computer, decoded the message, and have got the door code...but I can't find a door.

--------------------

trollface
The Bills of St. Mary's

Never mind. Now I've just got to figure out what this UFO is all about...

--------------------

mags
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mags     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The computer is driving me buggy. I can't get access.
Posts: 550 | From: Springboro, OH | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Menolly
We Three Blings

Icon 08 posted      Profile for Menolly   E-mail Menolly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Very cool ending. Trollface, did you get to the ending yet? Thanks for the help, all.

--------------------

Posts: 1193 | From: Ohio | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pixiechic
Here We Come A-Mall Crawling

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixiechic   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pixiechic   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
All I got was a black screen and a pointy finger...I guess when I have more time I'll have to check it out again.

Pixie"yes give me more fun stuff to do!"chic

ETA: I got it working yay!!!

--------------------
Pixiechic's MySpace page
Our Homepage

Posts: 381 | From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
trollface
The Bills of St. Mary's

Nope, I cannot figure out the UFO for the life of me.

--------------------

Menolly
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Menolly   E-mail Menolly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Trollface, quick tip: position the red circle (by clicking where it needs to be) before you use the keypad in front of the UFO. Also, you should be able to get something off the UFO that is quite helpful now and then *snicker*.

--------------------

El Camino
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for El Camino   E-mail El Camino   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, there went about 4 hours of my time when I was supposed to be packing for home...

Cool game though. Frustrating and even annoying sometimes, but I couldn't just give up!

Posts: 1048 | From: Brunswick, Maine | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
trollface
The Bills of St. Mary's

quote:
Originally posted by Menolly:
Trollface, quick tip: position the red circle (by clicking where it needs to be) before you use the keypad in front of the UFO.

I figured that there would be something like that, but I still just can't get it to do anything.

--------------------

footprints010402

You want to move the top of the ufo to the broken ufo, using the arrows(hope that helps without giving too much away).
Gibbie
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gibbie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yay! I am most relieved to find out that I'm not stupid that my computer was not displaying the game properly on level 16 yesterday. I couldn't read the information on the computer monitor, at all! I got it powered up and could access the file with the correct information but the text, aside from the code, wasn't there. And even though I could find where to enter it, I couldn't read it so I was completely flying blind. No wonder it didn't work. [Smile] Today it did and I'm done. Yay! Can't wait for more levels.

Gibbie

--------------------
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

Posts: 3993 | From: Indiana | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
trollface
The Bills of St. Mary's

Yeah, I'd figured that out, but just can't get it to do anything at all.

--------------------

moonlight
Little Sales Drummer Boy

quote:
Originally posted by Gibbie:
Yay! I am most relieved to find out that I'm not stupid that my computer was not displaying the game properly on level 16 yesterday. I couldn't read the information on the computer monitor, at all! I got it powered up and could access the file with the correct information but the text, aside from the code, wasn't there. And even though I could find where to enter it, I couldn't read it so I was completely flying blind. No wonder it didn't work. [Smile] Today it did and I'm done. Yay! Can't wait for more levels.

Gibbie

The same thing happened to me on the UFO level. I had to reboot the computer to reset it.

--------------------
I'm back to lurking.

trollface
The Bills of St. Mary's

I finally did it, thanks to GenYus. I could have sworn I'd tried what he suggested, but it only worked after he'd told me to do it...

As for the game crashing, I got very stuck on 14, I think it was. The one with the lift. I tried everything and nothing worked. So I looked up a walkthrough. The first thing it said was "go through the door on the left..." Well, there was no door on the left. After quitting and rebooting, there were a few doors in the room - previously there had only been blank walls. Very odd.

--------------------

Errata
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Errata   E-mail Errata   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow, its already getting hard. That intellilock thing on level 5 or 6 is a freaking marathon. What kind of sadist comes up with 30 different pattern matching puzzles to do in a row. After about 10 at most you get the idea and its just a matter of endurance.
Posts: 2018 | From: Santa Barbara, California | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NeeCD
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NeeCD   E-mail NeeCD       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I stayed up way too late last night finishing this game. I had to switch to IE, since I have trouble using Quicktime with Firefox, and it just wasn't playing right in FF. It was really fun, too, but I would have been better off playing on a weekend instead. The biggest trouble I had was a reading comprehension problem with the level with the pictures (I was pretty tired by then), but finally figured out the color/direction thing.

--------------------
I wondered why the Frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK!" and other lingo mean?

Posts: 1720 | From: Stafford Hamlet, OR | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Errata

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Errata   E-mail Errata   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm up to level 14. I wasted a good half hour on it because the lighting was bad and I couldn't spot one of the little sandpapers in a shadow.
Posts: 2018 | From: Santa Barbara, California | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Errata

Finally finished. The direction button thing on level 17 I solved by trial and error, so if there was a clue for it I missed it. Levels 15 and 16 weren't even a speed bump.
Menolly
We Three Blings

Has anyone played Logan's Little Adventure? It's listed in the extras section of MoTaS But I can't find it anywhere. Found the frog game, it seemed pretty ... boring.

--------------------

Richard W
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard W   E-mail Richard W   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Did it, excellent...! I almost needed to ask for help in the same place trollface did (using the door code) but I got there eventually too.

I swear I tried the right answer on the monitor screens level (15?) with no effect, then tried brute force using every combination with no effect (unless I messed it up); closed the game and opened it again and essentially tried random settings and the door opened on the third try.

Posts: 8725 | From: Ipswich - the UK's 9th Best Place to Sleep! | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages