snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Amusement Bark » Pets Named After Characters (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Pets Named After Characters
Morrigan
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Morrigan   E-mail Morrigan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've kinda wondering something. Am I the only one that names their pets after characters in books/movies?

I've got a Harry Potter (Birdsong Sorcerer's Stone), so he's got a double name.

One of his kids (yep, Harry Potter's a dad) we named "Ron Weasley" but call him Ron, and his little girl is called "Jenny" (An easier thing to say than Ginny, but that's what she was based on.)

In past litter's we've had Frodo and Sam (Lord of the Rings.)

Anyone else?

Morrigan

--------------------
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep." Robert Frost, Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening

Posts: 1701 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Morgaine La Raq Star
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Morgaine La Raq Star   E-mail Morgaine La Raq Star   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I had a dog when I was little named Ernie after Bert & Ernie from Sesame Street.

--------------------
I cannot live without books-Thomas Jefferson *~* A child educated only at school is an uneducated child - George Santayana
I'm going to pummel you with such zeal, Buddha will explode! *~* Never miss a good chance to shut up - Will Rogers

Posts: 6585 | From: Dallas/Fort Worth, TX | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LyndaD
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyndaD   E-mail LyndaD   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
While many of my animals have had people names, they're not usually named after a character in a book, movie or TV show. By the same token I wouldn't name my kids after a famous person/character, because they would always be associated with that person's personality and activities (think of all the Britney's out there who's mothers may be regretting the name choice!)

--------------------
I'll drive it ugly. You can't see the paint job when you're behind the wheel, anyway.

Posts: 570 | From: Central Valley, California | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TallGeekyGirl
O Read, O Read, The Manual

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TallGeekyGirl   Author's Homepage   E-mail TallGeekyGirl   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I once had a gerbil named Chewie. The name had two meanings. Firstly, of course, he was named after Chewbacca from Star Wars. Secondly, I named him that because he liked to chew things. Toilet paper rolls were his favorite, since they were small enough for him to move around and situate into a nice warm little chewable den.

We also had a Siamese cat named Sinbad.

--------------------
See, if I tell you about it, it won't be a mystery. It'll just be a fact, an ugly, moist fact, squatting on your brain like an octopus. And you don't want an octopus squatting on your brain, do you, son? -- Stan Smith, American Dad

Posts: 980 | From: Virginia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sara at home
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sara at home   E-mail Sara at home   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My dog is named for the band Less Than Jake. That's what is listed on his licence. Not quite the same but close.

--------------------
Assume that all my posts will be edited at least once. Dyslexic -- can't spell, can't type, can't proofread.

Posts: 8317 | From: Reading, PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MissBethie
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissBethie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've never named a pet in this way, but my mom named me after the character from "Little Women," Beth. She's the character that DIES!!! Ain't that grand? When my mom told me that several years ago I thought she was kidding, but she wasn't.

I try not to think of it as an omen though...unless...

--------------------
"Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't they?" --the Scarecrow

"The Christian Right is neither."

Posts: 72 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NorthernLite
We Three Blings

Icon 602 posted      Profile for NorthernLite     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I had a black cat named Othello. Unfortunately, he was eaten by a very large dog who had no appreciation for the Bard.

--------------------
You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons. -Blazing Saddles

Posts: 1074 | From: High Level, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Clarity
Toys to the World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clarity   E-mail Clarity   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My family had two cats named Milo and Otis from the movie of the same name. In the movie, Milo is a cat, but Otis is a dog, so it didn't quite work. Otis died years ago, but Milo disappeared just this fall while I was away at school, and it was very tragic. Mom assumed he got killed while out wandering. I guess that's what we got for letting a 13-year-old cat outside in an area with cat-eating predators. (coyotes, hawks, and cars.) [Frown]

--------------------
Kevin: Pink Bunkadoo?
Randall: Yeah. Beautiful tree that was. Og designed it. 600 feet high, bright red, and smelled terrible.

Posts: 71 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pogue Ma-humbug
Happy Christmas (Malls are Open)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pogue Ma-humbug   E-mail Pogue Ma-humbug   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
A black cat named Xena. Her younger companion, naturally, is named Gabrielle.

Pogue

--------------------
Let's drink to the causes in your life:
Your family, your friends, the union, your wife.

Posts: 11325 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Horse Chestnut
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horse Chestnut     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I was watching this Hal Roach short on TV the day I got my little tortie kitten, and since she had already proved her prowess at "bug huntin'", I named her Spanky. (Later to be known as Spanky the Wonder Cat©).

Best cat I ever had. Dear little Spanky.

Posts: 1651 | From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brillo Bee
Wii Three Kings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brillo Bee     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My superkitties are named Bruce (Wayne) and Peter (Parker). Peter certainly is very talented at jumping and climbing, so I guess I named him well. Bruce is very talented at... well, mostly whining and cuddling, so I guess maybe my naming talents ended with Pete.

Bee

--------------------
People do not wish to appear foolish; to avoid the appearance of foolishness, they are willing to remain actually fools. -Alice Walker

Posts: 335 | From: Minnesota | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
pirateslife
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pirateslife   Author's Homepage   E-mail pirateslife   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
*Slight hijack* MissBethie, OH NO! I'M named BETH! Am I gonna die, too? What was my mom thinking? (Well, I do live in Memphis, and the crime rate here is one of the highest in the country, though we don't have a very huge population.) My Maltese is not named after a character, but I did name him Beth's Beau Killer because I was a tomboyish fifteen-year-old who didn't want a beau. Mom wouldn't let me call him Killer, so we settled on Beau.
*End hijack*

My friend had a white cat that they named Snow White; too bad he was a boy (that's what happens when kids name before they look). A female cat of theirs was named Larry. Go fig. But the last cat was named Mulder, because Peetie was a huge X-phile.

--------------------
If the world were logical, men would ride sidesaddle. -Mama

I won't ask "Am I weird?" because that ship sailed long ago. -Kahuna Burger

Posts: 394 | From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
frogpond
Jingle Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for frogpond   E-mail frogpond   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've met a lot of pets named for Arthurian legends - Lancelot, Galahad, etc.

--------------------
So many books, so little time.

Posts: 1192 | From: McDonough, Georgia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Stormfeather
Silver Sells

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stormfeather   E-mail Stormfeather   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

My friend had a white cat that they named Snow White; too bad he was a boy (that's what happens when kids name before they look).

Heh, yup, when I was a kid I had a "Peter" rabbit that ended up as "Petunia." Snowball luckily didn't have to have the name change. (In our defense, the people we got the two rabbits from said they were both males, and we were fairly new rabbit owners, and didn't know better. As they were additions to one previous rabbit that actually was male.. we found out the opposite, soon enough.)

As for other pets named after characters, lessee... well, our dog is Lady, although my mom named her and I'm not sure if it was after the cartoon, or just the generic dog name.

I currently have a cockatiel named Lestat I got him probably around a decade and a half ago, when I was first starting to read the Anne Rice vampire books, and liked the name, plus I had another bird (a parakeet) at the time with another French name (Pierre), so I wanted to keep the mini-theme.

I've had fish named after a few video game characters, such as a betta named Cloud, after the infamous spikey-haired hero from FFVII, and guppies named after other Louisa May Alcott characters (no Beths, but a Demi and Daisy, and a Meg, named because Demi was half one color half another, and his "match" ended up as Daisy, and then Meg got named because of a sort of motherly look. For a fish. Shush.)

Oh yeah, I had a dog for a while named Snoopy (part beagle, gee, wonder where I got that name), but he turned out to be a bit mean and fought with the other dog we had at the time, so we ended up giving him to my cousin.

I'm sure I've had others, but really I can't think of them right now. Then again I've had so many damned pets in my lifetime, it's hard to remember them all. ^^;;

--------------------
-,-'-,-<<0

This space for rent

Posts: 275 | From: Maryland | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kitoboo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitoboo   E-mail kitoboo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
When I was very little we had two parakeets named Ollie and Hazardous . My father named them after a military figure named Oliver (Hazardous)sp?. I just tried to look him up but can't figure out a correct spelling of the name.

My next pet was a grey cat Dad named Mosby after john S. Mosby, the Grey Ghost.

We also had a couple of Beagles named Martha and Mary from the Bible. (Also named by Dad)

I had a cat my daughter named Moshie after a cat in a children's book she was reading when we got the cat.

I named my cockatiel Poirot after Hercule Poirot.

My granddog is named Snuffy after Snuffleupagus from Sesame Street.

-kitoboo

Posts: 399 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
mags
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mags     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My little black cat with the deformed tail is named Olive R. Twist. They were worried he would never get adopted at the shelter because of his wonky tail, even though he is the sweetest cat ever, so they phoned up my sister and gave her a guilt trip till she adopted him since she had adopted one of his litter mates (the woman who worked at the shelter was a friend of hers). He was exactly what I wanted (a black male cat), and when I told my sister how jealous I was, she offered to let me adopt him once I moved back to Ohio. At that time, he had the unfortunate name of Curly, referencing his little curly piggy tail. I didn't think it was fair for him to constantly be referred to by his deformity, but still wanted to acknowledge it with his name. He's my little black Olive R. Twist.

My SO named our female calico, her name is Mr. Tickles after the unfortunate pet fish in an episode of the Brak Show.

Posts: 550 | From: Springboro, OH | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nick Theodorakis
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nick Theodorakis   E-mail Nick Theodorakis   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kitoboo:
When I was very little we had two parakeets named Ollie and Hazardous . My father named them after a military figure named Oliver (Hazardous)sp?. I just tried to look him up but can't figure out a correct spelling of the name.

Oliver Hazard Perry, maybe?

Nick

--------------------
Don't forget to register for the New ULMB.

Announcement here

Posts: 1089 | From: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kitoboo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitoboo   E-mail kitoboo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That is probably him, Nick. I was about 7 or 8 at the time. I had the vague idea that he might have been an Admiral but Commodore is probably right. Thanks.

-kitoboo

Posts: 399 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lady Moon
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Moon   E-mail Lady Moon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
When we got our cat, we couldn't think of a name for her. She just lay, limp and unresponsive. Wouldn't eat the food, wouldn't move when touched.

We thought all kinds of names for her, but none seemed to fit. We called time on the names when my hungry daughter tried to name her bologna....

While my husband made lunch, I put on a tape of the Monkees. The show was playing, and all of a sudden the song "Valleri" came on.

Instantly, that cat's ears flew forward and she rolled over. She sat on her haunches for the song -- and when it was over, she ate her food and started sniffing around the room.

The three of us looked at each other and said together, "Valleri."

And Valleri she has remained.

Lady Moon

--------------------
"We've got a fifth member of the band round here, and he's DEFINITELY out of tune!" -- Keith Moon

"If I had a thousand quid for every time I've introduced this song --- oh, I do!" -- John Entwistle

Posts: 584 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nick Theodorakis
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nick Theodorakis   E-mail Nick Theodorakis   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Most of my pets had fairly "ordinary" names (my dog is "Jackie"), but I once had a parakeet named Snoop Birdy Bird, but in practice she was really just called "Snoopy."

Nick

--------------------
Don't forget to register for the New ULMB.

Announcement here

Posts: 1089 | From: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Luka_the_Pooka
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luka_the_Pooka   E-mail Luka_the_Pooka   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I once had a rabbit named Trowa, after the "Gundam Wing" Anime charecter (yeah, I'm a nerd.) It was a quiet pet, and had one ear which flopped over its eye, exactly like the hair of said charecter.

My mom named her golden lab puppy Homer, after the cartoon Simpson guy (and he IS quite an idiot dog. Self-fufilling prophey, there.)

My neighbors name all of their pets Lord of the Rings names - there's Arwen and Aragon the cats, and, of course, Frodo the pygmy billy goat.

--------------------
They left off "Attendance at Satanic Rituals will be mandatory and everyone will be required to eat a kitten, with or without ketchup." - Mouse

Posts: 65 | From: Vancouver, Washington | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LittleDuck
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleDuck   E-mail LittleDuck   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
SO named our dog Biskit after a character nickname on Ally McBeal (he was her dog before we got together). It didn't occur to her until very recently that it was a fairly popular dog name. Though hearing some of the names she almost gave him, I think he lucked out.

--------------------
"Silly customer, you cannot hurt a Twinkie." -Apu (The Simpsons)

Posts: 2026 | From: 10 miles South of Boston | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TallGeekyGirl
O Read, O Read, The Manual

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TallGeekyGirl   Author's Homepage   E-mail TallGeekyGirl   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Every time one of us goes into the back yard, our pet squirrel Friendly sticks his little head out of his box and stares at us until we bring him peanuts.

Today, NonTallNonGeekyGuy told me that he feels like he's paying tribute to the Godfather whenever he feels obliged to take a peanut to Friendly.

So, Friendly now has a nickname. He is Don Squirreleone.

--------------------
See, if I tell you about it, it won't be a mystery. It'll just be a fact, an ugly, moist fact, squatting on your brain like an octopus. And you don't want an octopus squatting on your brain, do you, son? -- Stan Smith, American Dad

Posts: 980 | From: Virginia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
landmammal
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for landmammal   E-mail landmammal   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Scabbers the rat- I named her before the book came out (I think number 3) where you discover he's really a bad guy. Then when Sorceror's Stone came out, their Scabbers looked just like my Scabbers, except 5x bigger.

Owen the rat- after the title character in John Irving's A Prayer for Owen Meany. He had big ears and a squeaky voice, just like Owen Meany.

Scout the rat- from the character in To Kill a Mockingbird. I'd just reread the book about a week before I got her, and she was a curious, adventurous little girl.

Zelda the dog- after the Princess of Hyrule in the Nintendo series. She's my little princess, plus I looked the name up online and learned it means "warrior woman." How kick-ass is that?

ETA: My roommate's cat is named Rajah after the tiger in the Disney version of Aladdin. He was just a little kid when he got Rajah-kitty.

--------------------
I can't put my arms down!

Posts: 273 | From: California | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rhea
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rhea     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My best friend's rats were called Ron and Harry.

My betta - although I mostly refer to him as "fish" - is called Don Vito Corleone.

Posts: 1201 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Venus
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venus   E-mail Venus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Both of my cats are names after characters.

Anica from Star Trek Voyager ( 7 0f 9's human name )

and Diego from Ice Age.

Posts: 177 | From: Orlando, Florida | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cinnamon
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cinnamon   Author's Homepage   E-mail Cinnamon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have a hamster called Jareth. I initially didn't want to tell anyone I'd named him after the Goblin King in Labyrinth so I pretended for two weeks I hadn't thought of a name...

In a similar vein, my cousin's husband only found out a couple of months ago that their then 18 month old son was called Samuel because my cousin didn't think she could get away with calling him Samwise.

--------------------
My blog - a continuing obsession with my weight plus much randomness
My opinions on books, music, and other stuff

Posts: 845 | From: Gloucestershire, UK | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
christmas tree kitapper
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for christmas tree kitapper     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I named my female kitty Imhotep after the character in The Mummy because he was afraid of cats until he was fully regenerated. It's a little twisted, I guess.

--------------------
"I have never in my life been more disappointed by a politician I voted for than I have been with George Bush. He is a total liberal."- overheard by me on the shuttle to the U of A game on Nov. 11th.

Posts: 3878 | From: Tucson, AZ | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mosherette
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mosherette     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I wanted a name for my cat that was connected to the Potter universe but not devastatingly obvious. I ended up settling on Pixie, because she is as mischevious and disobedient and gleefully naughty as the ones in the Chamber of Secrets. So she's not named after a character as such, but named for creatures that appear in the book.

Unfortunately she is not electric blue - now that would be cool.

--------------------
Silence should never under any circumstances be construed as agreement. A lot of the time, it's simply a reflection that someone just said something so stupid that no response could possibly do it justice. - Ramblin' Dave

Posts: 8528 | From: Nottingham, England | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ange84
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ange84   E-mail ange84   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
We named our cat Puss in Boots, but it's Pib for short. He has never actually been called by his full name.

--------------------
Love is a sudden revelation: a kiss is always a discovery

Posts: 902 | From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have three cats and two are named after characters. Arwen, from LOTR, because no one would allow me to call her "Stumpy" or "Tripod" (she lost a leg due to a birth defect). And, we have Chewy- short for Chewbacca. We got him and another cat from the Humane Society and the husband wanted to name them alike- we went through many character names that are pairs but I didn't like any. We settled on Chewbacca and Han Solo. Han Solo passed away within the first year. When we got Tiger- I tried to name her something from the Star Wars line, but nothing fit.

And my son has a Crocodile Gecko he named "Agro" after Steve Irwin's crocodile.

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
franjava
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for franjava     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Had two hamsters as a child (Plato and Socrates,) a rabbit named Thumper, a rabbit named Rabbit Redford (har-har!) and a catfish named Freddie Mercury (I was a Queen geek in high school.)

My cousin had a black toy poodle named Black Sabath. My mom had a freak session over that one. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Never eat anything given to you by a toddler.

Posts: 258 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
moonlight
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonlight   E-mail moonlight   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
DH decided a long time ago that when we finally get our dog (whenever that may be) we will name him Stewie after Stewie Griffin.

--------------------
I'm back to lurking.

Posts: 2709 | From: Illinois | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
babyshoes
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for babyshoes   E-mail babyshoes   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
When my daughter was younger, we had goldfsh that I named Stanley and Stella. //hijack// DD thought that having a fish tank on the kitchen counter was normal. //end hijack//

My Siamese cat is named Nicolette (nicknamed Nikki) after a character in a medieval story. Unlike the normal "hero rescues his beloved" story, Nicolette has adventures going to rescue her beloved. (Sorry, no cite--found it in an old book, not sure where the book is in the house!}

The first Siamese I had came already named "Tinkerbell." My second Siamese I named "Chat au Chocolat," and called her Choco.

--------------------
"When Jesus said to love your enemies, I think he meant don't kill them." from a song by Linda K. Williams

Posts: 124 | From: Rappahannock County, VA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lulu
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lulu   E-mail Lulu   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
A cat called "Scout" (To Kill A Mockingbird) and one called Indy - from Indianna Jones. We thought she was a boy, hence the boy's name, and she was really adventurous as a kitten. She's still going - and she's 17 now.

--------------------
"What I do not understand is why it makes a difference how the goat is exposed." ~ Rhiandmoi

Posts: 2153 | From: Northern NSW, Australia | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages