snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Amusement Bark » Your Six Degrees of Separation (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Your Six Degrees of Separation
smackmac
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smackmac     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I can only think of Bacon:

My in-laws met Thomas Hulce when they were filming "Dominic and Eugene" here and actually let them use their garage for filming.

Thomas Hulce was in "Animal House" with Bacon.

--------------------
"Maybe getting in the last word doesn't really mean you win." - The Clarks

Posts: 486 | From: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
funkyteapots
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for funkyteapots   E-mail funkyteapots   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I like this one better than my previous one:

4 to Bacon: Jon Keeyes (1) performed my wedding ceremony and directed Arnold Vosloo (2) in Living & Dying; Arnold Vosloo was in Blood Diamond with Djimon Hounsou (3), who was in Beauty Shop with KB (4).

But it's still only 4.

--------------------
Also...I can kill you with my brain. ~River Tam

Posts: 37 | From: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Xia
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xia   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have no idea how I would get to Bush or Bill Gates, I might have to ask my brother for help with those two... I can get to Kevin Bacon in 4, though.

My brother (1), went to high school with Chris O'Donnell (2) who was in "Batman Forever" with Tommy Lee Jones (3), who was in "JFK" with Kevin Bacon (4).

ETA: With a little stretch, I can get it down to three...

My friend's mother (1) who I am also pretty much friends with used to run the Chicago LOTR fan club and has met Sean Astin (2) numerous times (ie he knows who she is; she also once planted a garden with him as part of a group charity project) Sean Astin was in "White Water Summer" with Kevin Bacon (3).

--------------------
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Posts: 2110 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AndrewR
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AndrewR   E-mail AndrewR   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
A family friend (1) is in the current West End production of The Sound of Music produced by Andrew Lloyd Webber (2) whose 2004 film version of Phantom of the Opera featured Emmy Rossum (3) who was in the 2003 film Mystic River with Kevin Bacon (4).

A friend (1) who is an American living in London is involved with an organisation called Democrats Abroad UK and has met Al Gore (2), who has (obviously) met Bush (3).

Posts: 61 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ma (1) worked for 1-Stop Building Supply (a construction supply company) (2) who sold supplies to the construction workers of the Amistad sets (3), a movie Morgan Freeman starred in (4); he also acted in Bonfire of the Vanities with Tom Hanks (5), who starred in Apollo 13 with Kevin Bacon (6).

I have a shorter version: Ma (1) goes to St. John's* in Newport, where William Hale (2) directed scenes from The Demon Murder Case, which starred Kevin Bacon(3). (And for another odd reason, Trisha Miller. However, I was about 12 when this was made, so it musta been another Trish. DANG! SO CLOSE!!)

-OR-

Ma (1) goes to St. John's in Newport, where Stephen Speilberg (2) filmed an inside** scene from Amistad with Matthew McConaughey(3), who acted alongside Morgan Freeman (4) who also acted in Bonfire of the Vanities with Tom Hanks (5), who starred in Apollo 13 with Kevin Bacon (6).

*St. John's has also been used as the church for Me, Myself and Irene.
**The picture is one I took. Unlike the movie, there is no giant-assed cross in the middle of the nave.

Trish "Ask me about the historically inaccurate 2 level decks on the colonial house in one scene of the movie" DaDish

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
quiltsbypam
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for quiltsbypam   E-mail quiltsbypam   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My brother-in-law works with a guy who says he's cousin to snopes. So that's what, three degrees of separation from greatness? [Wink]

ETA: It's not Bill Gates, Bush or Kevin Bacon, but who needs them?

--------------------
"No Biblical hell could ever be worse than the state of perpetual inconsequence." Beatrice in Dangerous Beauty

Posts: 1816 | From: Cayuga County, NY | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages