snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Amusement Bark » Your Six Degrees of Separation (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Your Six Degrees of Separation
Errata
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Errata   E-mail Errata   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ThistleSoftware:
However, I am four degrees from Hitler.

Well, Hitler has a Bacon Number of 4.
And George W Bush's Great Grandfather was head of the Union Banking Corporation owned by Fritz Thyssen, who was a major financial backer of the Nazi Party.

Posts: 2018 | From: Santa Barbara, California | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Towknie
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Towknie   E-mail Towknie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I hung out with Brian Krause who was in Sleepwalkers (1992) with Diane Delano
Diane Delano was in River Wild, The (1994) with Kevin Bacon.

I used to bartend for a guy named Norbet, who was a major financial contributor to the Democratic party, so got to meet Bill Clinton, who met George W Bush during Bush's first swearing into office.

I've got quite a few second degree connections to Seattle, so I'm sure Bill Gates isn't too far off, but I don't know how to complete the chain.

--------------------
Towknie: Ryda-certified as wonderful, enlighted, and rational.

Posts: 1011 | From: Frisco, TX | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kitoboo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitoboo   E-mail kitoboo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
GWB: 3 degrees
My brother(1) knows NC Congreesman Robin Hayes(2) who knows GWB(3). My brother has also met and had a long conversation with Elizabeth Dole.

Richard Nixon is not on the list but two friends in my colllege dorm went to boarding school with Tricia and Julie Nixon so I'm also 3 degrees from him.

-kitoboo

Posts: 399 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
IlGreven, Swan a-Swimmin'
Grandma Got Run Over by a Rain Check

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IlGreven, Swan a-Swimmin'     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
With Kevin Bacon, it's either 4 or 5, depending if it's one or two steps from anyone on Roseanne.

See, in 2005 I submitted a Magic: The Gathering deck that was used in an invitational tournament. That deck was first revealed to the public by Mark Gottlieb (1) who works with Mark Rosewater (2). Mark Rosewater wrote two episodes of Roseanne. From there, it's at most 3 steps to Kevin Bacon.

I have no idea how close I am to Dubya or Bill Gates. Though I do have a cousin in the military right now, so you go up through the CoC and you'll eventually get to the C-in-C.

Grev (And I will leave it to the reader to figure out just which deck is mine... [Big Grin] )

--------------------
A gigantic force on the 'Net, and even BIGGER in person.

Posts: 508 | From: Ohio | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Errata

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Errata   E-mail Errata   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
If all else fails, remember that even the 3 target people are linked to each other indirectly, like anyone else. So if you can link even one, you're part of the web of connections. They don't all have to be 2nd or 3rd degrees, you can keep extending it further by linking via some intermediary.

Bill Gates was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II (1) who has had formal receptions with George W Bush (2).

George W Bush knows former President Clinton(1), who was in Bamboozled with Mos Def(2), who was in the Woodsman with Kevin Bacon (3).

Bill Gates appeared in an episode of Frasier, with Kelsey Grammer(1), who was in 15 Minutes with David Alan Grier(2), who was in The Woodsman with Kevin Bacon(3).

Thus, if you can link to a single person of the 3, then your number for the others is no more than that +3.

Posts: 2018 | From: Santa Barbara, California | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TheBobo
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBobo   Author's Homepage   E-mail TheBobo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
George Bush 2 Degrees.
My mother got to shake his hand while he was campaigning in Scranton for his second term in office.

--------------------
The views expressed in the above Post does not necessarily reflect those of snopes,The Infopoop Corporation,the Internet or most of society for that matter.

Posts: 2474 | From: Scranton, PA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Morgaine La Raq Star
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Morgaine La Raq Star   E-mail Morgaine La Raq Star   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
George Bush: I know the sister(1) of a Republican Senator (2) who knows GWB(3)

Kevin Bacon: My dance instructor (1) knows Miles Coupland (2), brother of Stewart Coupland (3) who did the soundtrack for a movie Kevin Bacon worked on (4)

Bill Gates: I got nuttin!

--------------------
I cannot live without books-Thomas Jefferson *~* A child educated only at school is an uneducated child - George Santayana
I'm going to pummel you with such zeal, Buddha will explode! *~* Never miss a good chance to shut up - Will Rogers

Posts: 6585 | From: Dallas/Fort Worth, TX | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Die Capacitrix
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Die Capacitrix     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Kevin Bacon: My friend (1) did an internship with Sara* (2, who I actually met) who had worked at the dinner theater of Burt Reynolds (3) who was in Starting Over with Kevin Bacon (4).

Bill Gates: My dad (1) directed projects for Virginia* (2) who had many a meeting with Bill Gates (3). I think my dad was actually at the same reception as Bill Gates, but didn't really meet.

George Bush: Nada. Even though, I might be able to do something along the lines of U.S. President => Swiss government => company boss (the company I work for is quite large, by Swiss standards) => multiple coworkers.

* Not real names.

--------------------
"Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces." Judith Viorst

Posts: 1082 | From: Luzern, Switzerland | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?
Carol of the Dells

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Kevin Bacon: My friend met Frankie Muniz who was in My Dog Skip with him

Bill Gates: no clue, but, uh, everything Errata said [Smile]

George Bush: I know a number of people who got to meet him.

--------------------
"I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, EVIL stuff... and I want in."- Homer Simpson

Posts: 2161 | From: Delaware | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
erwins
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for erwins   E-mail erwins   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Kevin Bacon: A friend's (1) daughter(2) is dating a guy (3) who was in a movie with Rob Moran (4). Rob Moran was in "We Married Margo" with Kevin Bacon.

Bill Gates: The dean (1) of my law school knows Phil Knight (2). Phil Knight knows Michael Jordan (3), who played with Clyde Drexler (4) of the Trailblazers. Clyde knows Paul Allen (5), who co-founded Microsoft with Bill Gates.

George Bush: I know several people (1) who know the governor, Ted Kulongoski (2). The Gov. knows Sen. Gordon Smith (3), who at least used to be on speaking terms with W.

I'm actually really surprised. I didn't expect to get to any of them. I thought Gates would be the easiest, but it took the most degrees (I also don't know anyone who used to work for MS).

Bush and Bacon wound up being pretty easy once I thought of the right initial connections. I think I could actually make the W connection a different way, too, since I also know a delegate to the Democratic national convention. But I don't know if she met Kerry or not.

erwins

Posts: 238 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kitoboo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitoboo   E-mail kitoboo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks, erwins, for showing me a connection to Bill Gates.
My daughter(1) met Michael Jordan(2)... Clyde Drexler(3)... Paul Allen(4)... Bill Gates(5).

-kitoboo

Posts: 399 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Richard1978
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard1978   E-mail Richard1978   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The only easy one I can think of for me is that my Dad worked for IBM in the UK for over 30 years, & they worked with Microsoft on various projects over the years.

I would need to a fair bit of work on the other 2.

Posts: 372 | From: Marple, UK | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Richard1978
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard1978   E-mail Richard1978   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My connection to Kevin Bacon

My sister was in a school production of Grease with Karl Davies

Karl Davies was in Dolphins (2006) with Steven Spiers

Steven Spiers was in Musketeer, The (2001) with Mena Suvari

Mena Suvari was in Beauty Shop (2005) with Kevin Bacon

http://oracleofbacon.org is great for doing this.

Posts: 372 | From: Marple, UK | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The Fourth Man
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Fourth Man   E-mail The Fourth Man   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Some 15 years ago, I was in music class with a girl named Audrey Tautou (1), who later starred in Da Vinci Code with Tom Hanks (2), who was in Apollo 13 with Kevin Bacon (3).

I'm a fan of Olympique de Marseille. One of the members of the group I used to belong to is a "Developer Evangelist" at Microsoft France (1). In 2001, he organized a developers conference in Paris, where Bill Gates came and delivered a speech (2).

I know personally the president of the French Chess Federation (1), who is regularly in contact with the French Sports Minister (2), who attends weekly Government Councils with Jacques Chirac (3), who has probably met George W. Bush a couple of times (4).

--------------------
If you keep trying, you'll eventually succeed. Therefore, the more you fail, the higher your chances of success.
-- Jacques Rouxel, 1931-2004 RIP :(

Posts: 406 | From: Paris, France | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Banquo's Ghost
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Banquo's Ghost   E-mail Banquo's Ghost   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
In the early 80's I played softball against Gary Sinese in Chicago. Gary was in Apollo 13 with Kevin Bacon.

I've met Gov. Rendell a couple of times, Gov. Rendell knows Pres. Clinton who knows Pres. Bush.
(This is also a connection to Kevin Bacon - Gov. Rendell knew Kevin Bacon's dad.)

I can't think of any connection to Bill Gates.

--------------------
I have no spur to prick the sides of my intent...

Posts: 138 | From: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Don Enrico

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Enrico   E-mail Don Enrico   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I know a woman in Canada (1) who works for the Senate of Canada and knows all the Senators (2). One of them (probably several) will know GWB personally (3).

For Kevin Bacon and Bill Gates I'm not sure, but given the importance of Senators and the likelyhood of them taking part in Charity Events and the like, there's probably a "bacon number" of 3 for those, too.

--------------------
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling, but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places. - Pooh Bear

Posts: 2209 | From: Hamburg, Germany | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
trollface
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trollface   Author's Homepage   E-mail trollface   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Not sure about the others, but Bacon is quite easy.

I worked with Craig Conolly, who was 2nd AD on Jackass: The Movie with Johnny Knoxville.
Who was in Men In Black II with Tommy Lee Jones.
Who was in JFK with Kevin Bacon.

--------------------
seriously , everyone on here , just trys to give someone crap about something they do !! , its shitting me to tears.

Posts: 16061 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Kevin Bacon: I met Travis Tritt (had a lovely conversation with him about painting) who was in "The Cowboy Way" with Kiefer Sutherland, who was in "A Few Good Men" with Kevin Bacon.

George W. Bush: My husband and I met Bob Dole during some kind of tour he was doing shortly before Operation Desert Storm. He was going around in Kansas and meeting with "real soldiers and their families". He shook our hands, cooed at our toddler, posed for a photo op (which we never received a copy of!) and was on his way.

Bill Gates: No idea.

But, I'm delighted in this connection (I've just realized it): I am connected to Vincent D'Onofrio (*sigh*) through my meeting with Travis Tritt, who was in "The Cowboy Way" with Kiefer, who was in "A Few Good Men" with Kevin Bacon, who was in "Stir of Echoes" with Katherine Erbe, who is currently in "Law & Order CI" with Vincent D'Onofrio. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FuzzDuckie
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FuzzDuckie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
wow..don't think I could do GWB or KB...

but for Bill Gates.
I know a long time AOL friend whose husband's best friend worked for Microsoft, thus his managers would know Bill Gates. I did meet Gary (the best friend) at a birthday bash for MY friend [Smile]

--------------------
Clever Waste of Time Invasion IV
An unique Riddle adventure.
PM me for more info. I'm on Brain Candy.
Purple Hell- Riddle Tools

Posts: 1551 | From: Georgia | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Monza305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monza305   E-mail Monza305   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
OK. I can come up with a better example than I did above for Kevin Bacon.

My Daughter (1) went to summer camp with Tim Allen's Daughter Katie (2)(3); Tim Allen was in Christmas With The Kranks with Jamie Lee Curtis (4); who was in Queens Logic with Kevin Bacon (5).

--------------------
I've got a pen in my pocket does that make me a writer?
Standing on the mountain doesn't make me no higher.
Putting on gloves don't make you a fighter.
And all the study in the world doesn't make it science. -Paul Weller

Posts: 199 | From: Kalamazoo, MI | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nappy Solo

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nappy Solo     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Kevin Bacon - rented "Footloose", should have known better.

George W. Bush - my number two pencil crossed over the little oval next to his name on the general election ballot in 2000 to vote for Al Gore, again in 2004 to vote for John Kerry.

Bill Gates - Windows 95 made me re-start my computer 3,697 times.

--------------------
Virtue is its own reward. But, then again, so is vice....

Posts: 167 | From: Lincoln, NE | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
RingKeeper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RingKeeper     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm 4 degrees from Kevin Bacon. (1) guy I went to high school with was in Ashore with (2) Roger Maunder who was in Behind the Red Door with (3) Kyra Sedgwick who was in Loverboy with (4)Kevin Bacon.

I am three degrees from George W. Bush. (1)Someone I know very well works closely with (2)Steven Harper who has contact with (3) George Bush.

I don't know about Bill Gates. I'll have to think about that one.

--------------------
There are just some things a dog can't explain to a monkey.

Posts: 2529 | From: Newfoundland | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cervus
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cervus   E-mail Cervus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I thought of another:

I went to school with the daughter (1) of Grand Funk Railroad drummer Don Brewer (2). Don Brewer is a personal friend of radio talk show hosts The Love Doctors (3) who used to routinely interview Zsa Zsa Gabor (4). Zsa Zsa Gabor was in A Nightmare on Elm Street 3 with Laurence Fishburne (5) who was in Mystic River with Kevin Bacon.

--------------------
"There is no constitutional right to sleep with endangered reptiles." -- Carl Hiaasen
Won't somebody please think of the adults!

Posts: 8254 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lgreywolf
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lgreywolf   E-mail Lgreywolf   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Whoa, I never thought about this before.

I'm 4 degrees from Kevin Bacon.

A High School friend (1) was an extra in "School Ties" with Matt Damon.

Matt Damon (2) was in "Good Will Hunting" with Minnie Driver.

Minnie Driver (3) was in "Sleepers" with Kevin Bacon (4).

I'm 3 degrees from GWB.

A male relative (1) went to business school with Bob Kraft (owner of the New England Patriots.)

Bob Kraft (2) has met President Bush (3) at the White House (I am 99% sure of this; if he hasn't, add another degree since Mr. Kraft has definitely met Vladimir Putin, who has met with President Bush.)

Bill Gates, I have no clue.

Edited because it's "School Ties" and not "School Days."

--------------------
"Most Jewish holidays can be summed up very simply: They tried to kill us. We won. Let's eat." - my in-laws' Rabbi.

Posts: 430 | From: North of Boston, MA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ericsmom

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ericsmom   E-mail ericsmom   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
This is fun...

Kevin Bacon: Mu friend Allison (1)has a niece, Danielle (2), who dated Sarah Jessica Parkers Brother (3), Sarah Jessica was in Footloose with Kevin Bacon

W: I peronally knew fomer NJ Gov. McGreevey, so since he was Gov I'm sure he knew W.

Also, I worked for a law firm that was highly polictically motivated. One Attorney I worked for was a big Bush supporter, and was one of the heads of his re-election committee. There were bunches of photos of the two of him together plastered all over the wall of his office.

I have no connection with Bill Gates (yet)

Posts: 106 | From: Dumont, NJ | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Gerard Morvan
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gerard Morvan   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
In the world of political influence, the president of the United States: George W Bush.

Easy: back when I was an Amway salesman (without any success, might I add), I met the infamous Jean Godzich, who was a friend of Doug Wead, who is (was) a close advisor of Bush the Elder, and Dubya. So, that's three degrees.

quote:
In the entertainment industry, the staple of the game: Kevin Bacon.

Easy too: I met french actor Michel Blanc at a signing. He played with Jerry Lewis in a movie best forgotten. Jerry Lewis played with Shirley McLaine in Artists and Models. Shirley McLaine played with Meryl Streep in Postcards from the Edge. Meryl Streep played with Kevin Bacon in The River Runs Wild. Six degrees exactly.

--------------------
"Kentoc'h Mervel !"

Posts: 388 | From: France | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ica171
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ica171   E-mail ica171   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I can't think of a connection with Gates or one with Bush other than my brother and a few cousins are in the military.

As for Kevin Bacon, I had a high school friend (1) who was an extra in Citizen Ruth with Laura Dern.

Laura Dern (2) was in Novocaine with Kevin Bacon.

Posts: 384 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
bthyb
WiFi Christmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bthyb   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm 3 from Kevin Bacon - I've met Paul Sorvino at a party (1), who was in Goodfellas (1990) with Beau Starr (2), who was in Where the Truth Lies (2005) (3) with Kevin Bacon.

OR

I took bass lessons from Norwood Fisher (1), who was in Tapeheads (1988) with Tim Robbins (2), who was in Mystic River (2003) (3) with KB.

As for Bush, my friend A (1) worked on the hill for Senator Sarbanes (2), who probably knows Bush (3) - so that's 3 as well.

No clue on the Microsoft.

--------------------
If you say you love ice cream, you better be dreaming of an orgy with Ben, Jerry, and one fine-ass chunky monkey.

-- My sister and poet extraordinaire, Joanna Hoffman

Posts: 1475 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
UrbanReindeer
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UrbanReindeer     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, let's see. I was in a community theater group with a guy who was later in "Buffy the Vampire Slayer". Sarah Michelle Gellar was in Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed (2004) with Alicia Silverstone; Alicia Silverstone was in Beauty Shop (2005) with Kevin Bacon.

Bill Gates: My husband is working on a video game for the Xbox 360, which is Microsoft, so I'm sure there's a connection there but it may be a bit more than 6 degrees.

George Bush: My best friend is an Air Force Lieutenant, I'm sure I could get there eventually.

--------------------
"He feeds the sparrows of the field, but He doesn't sit there and cram worms into their mouths." -- Mouse

Posts: 396 | From: Pasadena, CA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ramblin' Dave, quietly making noise

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ramblin' Dave, quietly making noise   Author's Homepage   E-mail Ramblin' Dave, quietly making noise   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snoozn:
George Bush - 4: My father-in-law's (1) uncle, Richard Russell (2) served in the senate with his friend Strom Thurmond (3) who, I am assuming, knew George Bush. If dead people don't count, I'm sure there are lots of other connections I could make the same way as Richard Russell served in the Senate from 1937 to 1963. I just chose the most unsavory connection.

Russell also knew Bush's grandfather, who was a senator from Connecticut in the '50s.

I'm two degrees removed from Bush: I knew his daughter at Yale. Political differences aside, she's a nice gal. I'm sure I'm no more than four degrees removed from Bill Gates as I have had several friends in Seattle and a few of them have worked for Microsoft, but I wouldn't be able to draw the line. No clue about Kevin Bacon, but I did know a guy in high school who has had a few bit parts in movies, so I'm guessing two or three degrees.

--------------------
Another lifetime I'd have fallen in love with you
Swept away by my feelings, ashamed and confused
But just now it's enough to be walking with you
Let the mystery play as it will! -Lui Collins

Posts: 2669 | From: Jouy en Josas, France | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The Ota Faction
Happy Holly Days

Icon 201 posted      Profile for The Ota Faction   Author's Homepage   E-mail The Ota Faction   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Kevin Bacon: 3

My cousin was an extra on one of the "Police Academy" movies with Steve Guttenberg, who was in "Diner" with Kevin Bacon.

G. W. Bush: 3

I worked the Eric Massa campaign [Frown] , Massa was an assistant to GEN Wes Clark, who campaigned for the presidency in 2004.

ETA: I dated a girl who's father was a Microsoft employee. That's gotta be 4-5 at most, right?

--------------------
"Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you what you are." - Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
"That lonely recluse who lives down the road is crying out. So is that pregnant teenager. And the prostitute. And the drunkard."
Join the Free State Project - I did!

Posts: 1516 | From: *sigh* Elmira, NY | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Enjal
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Enjal   E-mail Enjal   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Kevn Bacon: 3
Growing up in Maine, I've got a few loose ties to Stephen King. Tim Robbins was in Shawshank Redemption which was based on a short story by Stephen King. Then Tim and Kevin starred together in Mystic River.

George Bush: 3 (not actually sure if this counts)

Former Maine Governor Angus King spoke at my college graduation. He defeated Senator Susan Collins in the gubenatorial (sp?) race. Senator Susan Collins currently serves as chair of the Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs under George Bush. Also my friend lives in Kennebunk and her house is only about 3 miles from Walker's Point which is where the Bush family vacations in the great state of Maine.

And, finally, like many others, I honestly can't think of any ties to Bill Gates...

--------------------
"I'm a leaf in the wind"
New Lungs for George

Posts: 2719 | From: the other Portland (US) | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Maddie
Rejoice, Rejoice, I've Found the Manuel!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maddie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't really have any connections to any of them, but I do for P. Diddy [Big Grin]

A family friend's (1) chiropractor (2) invented a machine* that helped P. Diddy (& we all got autographs in the end, [lol] ) (3)

*There was a recent SI cover that had Lance Armstrong in this machine...it has to do with water or another.

--------------------
"I'm sorry for your loss. Your mother was a terribly attractive woman." - Royal Tenenbaum

Posts: 44 | From: Harrisburg, PA | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tootsie Plunkette
Buy a Torch, Jeanette, Isabella

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tootsie Plunkette   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I think I finally have my Bacon link (shouldn't that be sausage link?).

I have had several personal email exchanges with Robert Deveau, and think I could reliably count on 'meeting for coffee' if the opportunity arose.

Robert Deveau (I) was in Lost Skeleton of Cadavra, The (2001) with Fay Masterson
Fay Masterson was in We Married Margo (2000) with Kevin Bacon

--------------------
--Tootsie

Posts: 5017 | From: Greater Seattle | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ToadMagnet
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ToadMagnet   E-mail ToadMagnet   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Kevin Bacon:
1. I sang with a big band,
2. who backed up Megan Mulally,
3. who was on "Will & Grace"
4. where Kevin Bacon guest-starred

George Bush:
1. My BIL worked with him when he (GWB) was Governor

Bill Gates:
1. I worked for a company that reclaimed wood for flooring from old (1860s-1950s) buildings,
2. Some of which was purchased by BG while I was there (though I was not involved in the sale, only the research on the building from which the wood was re-milled)
or:
1. Bill Gates used to attend Borland (I think it was) conferences
2. My boss attended these same conferences and met him several times

--------------------
Listen ... it's Mellow!

Posts: 927 | From: Virginia | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages