snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Amusement Bark » Your Six Degrees of Separation (Page 0)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Your Six Degrees of Separation
Zorro
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zorro     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Kevin Bacon: I met Robert Sean Leonard once (he was friends with my high school principal's son) and he was in a movie, "Mr and Mrs Bridge" with Kyra Sedgewick, who is married to Kevin Bacon.

I have to work on the other two.

--------------------
"Seize the day! Make your lives extraordinary!"
-John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"

Posts: 2861 | From: New Jersey | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Muskrat Monroe
A View to a Krill

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Muskrat Monroe   E-mail Muskrat Monroe   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I am five degrees from Kevin Bacon: I took a film class taught by the director of this documentary, which was narrated by Matt Damon, who was in Confessions of a Dangerous Mind with Anna Silk, who was in Where the Truth Lies with Kevin Bacon.

I am two degrees from George W. Bush. I have shaken John Kerry's hand; he lost to Bush.

No idea on Gates, though.

--------------------
Someday I'll aquire wisdom, but for now, being a wise-ass will have to do.

Posts: 90 | From: the Michigan/Ohio border | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The Amazing Rando
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Amazing Rando   Author's Homepage   E-mail The Amazing Rando   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Let's see...

My friend's sister (2) was Miss California USA 2005, and as such almost definitely met someone (3) who's met Donald Trump (since the Trump Corporation owns the Miss USA Pageant(4), who I'm sure has met Bill Gates(5).

She (2) was also on Fear Factor which is hosted by Joe Rogan(3) who also hosted Celebrity Fear Factor with Todd Bridges(4) who was in Baby of the Family with Alfre Woodard(5) who was in Beauty Shop with Kevin Bacon(6).

I'm not sure about George W. Bush.

Posts: 417 | From: Escondido, California | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
bethntim
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bethntim         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My mom (1) was a Granny Nanny for Virginia Clarke (2) who is grandmother to Sarah Clarke (3) who is in 24 with Kiefer Sutherland (4) who starred in Flatliners with Kevin Bacon (5).

The other 2? Not even close.

--------------------
Take only pictures, leave only footprints...

Posts: 255 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
babyshoes
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for babyshoes   E-mail babyshoes   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr:
AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr:

And I think I am the only person on the planet who doesn't know someone who worked for Microsoft at some point.

Nope. I don't, either. [lol]

Weak link to GWB: Conversed with GHW Bush once, so that would be 2 degrees.

Slightly stronger: Ben (Cooter) Jones (1) is a friend of Jim Webb's (2), who recently had a run-in with GWB at the White House.

--------------------
"When Jesus said to love your enemies, I think he meant don't kill them." from a song by Linda K. Williams

Posts: 124 | From: Rappahannock County, VA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
KDS

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KDS     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Greetings,

I was sitting here thinking, “If I work that out, I’m probably 12 away from any of them, or worse.” But when I put my mind to it ...

My ex (1) is best friends with George* (2) who works a few offices away from Michael Dell (3) who undoubtedly has contact with Bill Gates (4).

*Changed up the name, just in case. I know he mentioned to the ex and I that he and Mr. Dell have spoken about work things, so that should count, right? Geeky as the ex and I are, we were totally impressed.

--------------------
I dunno, I like the same qualities in a man as I want in a dog. Big, happy, friendly, and hairy. Not too much slobber either. ~Sue Bee

Posts: 140 | From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
rocksong
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rocksong     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmm. I have a relative (1) on a comittee which meets the Australian Prime Minister John Howard (2) who of course knows Bush (3).

Howard's also met Bill Gates a few times, so that's 3 to Gates as well.

I honestly don't know who Kevin Bacon is. (Just checked Wikipedia and I'm still not much the wiser). I know a small-time Australian actor (1) who's worked with big-time Australian actor Eric Bana (2) (Munich, Troy, The Hulk). No idea if Bana knows Bacon (which would be 3), but at least I can get there in 4.

Posts: 225 | From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mr. Billion
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Billion   Author's Homepage   E-mail Mr. Billion   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I had an International Relations teacher who used to work in the same building as Condoleezza Rice and occasionally passed her in the hall. That probably doesn't count as an actual connection, though. But we might assume that because he worked there he knows somebody or at least knows somebody who knows somebody who knows Condoleezza, who knows George W. Bush. So at most 4 or 5 degrees of separation there.

Not sure about Bacon or Gates, though.

--------------------
"For the U.S. to get involved militarily in determining the outcome of the struggle over who's going to govern Iraq strikes me as a classic definition of a quagmire." ~Dick Cheney.

Posts: 747 | From: Kansas | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mosherette
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mosherette     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I work for the gubmint, so my ultimate boss is the Queen, who I believe has met Mr Bush once or twice. And probably Mr Gates and Mr Bacon at some point as well. I probably have a link to Kevin Bacon through Miranda Richardson, who is from the same town as me and went to the same school, but I'm crap at that kind of thing so I'll stick with Her Maj.

--------------------
Silence should never under any circumstances be construed as agreement. A lot of the time, it's simply a reflection that someone just said something so stupid that no response could possibly do it justice. - Ramblin' Dave

Posts: 8528 | From: Nottingham, England | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zachary Fizz
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zachary Fizz     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Kevin Bacon - 3 (Emily Mortimer went to my old college, though to be honest if we overlapped it was briefly and I don't remember her, and she was in 51st State with Michael J Reynolds, who was in Where the Truth Lies with Kevin Bacon). If not remembering Ms Mortimer counts against me, then 4 (I met Camille Coduri, who plays Jackie Tyler in Doctor Who, at a party years ago; she acted with David Tennant in Doctor Who, he was in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire with Gary Oldman, who acted with Mr Bacon in Murder in the First).

George Bush - 3 (my late grandfather knew HM Queen Elizabeth II of the UK, who has met George Bush occasionally. ETA: Also grandfather may have met a couple of US presidents including Mr Carter, who has presumably met Mr Bush, but I'm notcompletely sure).

Bill Gates - 3 (I have met Mosherette a couple of times IRL, she has met Jeremy Paxman when she appeared on TV, and Jeremy Paxman interviewed Bill Gates on British TV)

Posts: 2370 | From: Arabia | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mosherette
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mosherette     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ooh, that gives me a definite 2 for Bill then [Smile]

--------------------
Silence should never under any circumstances be construed as agreement. A lot of the time, it's simply a reflection that someone just said something so stupid that no response could possibly do it justice. - Ramblin' Dave

Posts: 8528 | From: Nottingham, England | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cinnamon
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cinnamon   Author's Homepage   E-mail Cinnamon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mosh has given me an idea - I really didn't think I had any connections with these people but it looks like I might not be far from Bush.

I've met Liam Fox (Shadow Secretary of State for Defence) on numerous occasions and while I'm not sure how well he knows Bush I know he gets on well with several of the people immediately around him, so it's either 2 or 3 away from GWB for me.

Still stuck about Kevin Bacon though.

--------------------
My blog - a continuing obsession with my weight plus much randomness
My opinions on books, music, and other stuff

Posts: 845 | From: Gloucestershire, UK | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Wolf333

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolf333     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My father worked with a man who had a bit part in "Brubaker," starring Robert Redford who was in "Spy Games" with Brad Pitt who was in "Sleepers" with Kevin Bacon. So, 5 degrees from Bacon.

G.W. Bush is actually quite easy. I had a extra duty maintaining and operating a DV transport, along with several flight attendants. Our main customer was a 4 star general who not only knew Rumsfeld, but also knew some of the flight attendants enough to remember their birthdays. Only 4 degrees from Bush.
I could just cheat and say that I've met both Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld, but both meetings were "shake and takes" (shake hands, take a picture) with groups and I seriously doubt that The Dick or The Don would remember me.

Bill Gates is a tough one. I could probably work it through a friend who works at a company that contracts for Microsoft, but that would be pretty lame.

--------------------
"We take evil really seriously"

Posts: 175 | From: Tokyo, Japan | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mosherette
Deck the Malls

quote:
met Camille Coduri, who plays Jackie Tyler in Doctor Who, at a party years ago; she acted with David Tennant in Doctor Who, he was in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire with Gary Oldman, who acted with Mr Bacon in Murder in the First
And that gives me 3 for Bacon then, with my Miranda Richardson connection; she was in GoF too.

--------------------

Zachary Fizz

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zachary Fizz     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mosherette:
And that gives me 3 for Bacon then, with my Miranda Richardson connection; she was in GoF too.

Or a disappointing four, 'cos you know me.
Posts: 2370 | From: Arabia | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mosherette
Deck the Malls

...who are you again?

--------------------

Dara bhur gCara
As Shepherds Watched Their Flocks Buy Now Pay Later

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dara bhur gCara     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
...who are you again?

He's some person I met on the internet.

--------------------
This wrinkle in time, I can't give it no credit, I thought about my space and it really got me down.
Got me so down, I got me a headache, My heart is crammed in my cranium and it still knows how to pound

Posts: 2794 | From: London, UK | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Richard W
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard W   E-mail Richard W   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmm...

I've found 4 for Kevin Bacon:

Newsreader Krishnan Guru-Murthy(1) was a couple of years above me at college, and we used to see him about the place although I didn't know him. He appeared as himself in Shaun of the Dead, with Bill Nighy(2) who was in Love Actually with Colin Firth (3). Colin Firth was in Where the Truth Lies with Kevin Bacon(4). I would never have got that without the website...

I looked up Krishnan Guru-Murthy thinking he'd be the best link to Bush, but I can get to Bill Gates in 4 through him too. Apparently he's in a rock band with Newsnight editor Peter Barron(2), so from him to Paxman(3) and Gates(4). Or I could just use Mosh, which would give 3 and be more convincing.

And finally, George W Bush... from Krishnan Guru-Murthy to Jon Snow(2) who has interviewed Blair(3), who will have met Bush(4), although it's doubtful whether Bush remembers him.

It would be more convincing if I started with somebody I actually knew, but if that's too tenuous a connection you'd only need to add 1 to find a mutual friend.

Posts: 8725 | From: Ipswich - the UK's 9th Best Place to Sleep! | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zachary Fizz

quote:
...who are you again?

Oh, that's just typical. Once it was "Zach, Zach, please please introduce me to David Tennant and all your cool friends".

But ever since you've been on TV yourself it's "I don't know you! Why don't you NFBSK off and take that Northern Irish loon with you".

Macheath
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Macheath     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
If only Billy and I actually met during the filming . . . my Kevin Bacon connection would be thus:

I was in the film "Andersonville" as an extra, which featured William H. Macy (1), William H. Macy was in "Murder in the First" with Kevin Bacon (2). However, I don't think Mr. Macy would have coffee with me, seeing as how he wasn't on set the one day I was there.

Another tenuous connection would be through actor/musician Adam Busch. I've met him about a dozen times, and he recognizes me, though we aren't exactly on a first name basis (1). Anyway, he was in "Sugar & Spice" with Rachel Blanchard (2), who in turn was in "Where the Truth Lies" with Kevin Bacon (3).

As for GWB, my boss (1) worked very closely with Jimmy Carter on his Presidential campaign in the 70's (2). Carter has met with W multiple times (3), including a meeting/photo op where he handed over a report about Federal Election Reform.

Hmm. Bill Gates is a tough one. I'm trying to find links through the one person I know who is semi-prominent in the computer industry, and that would be Richard Garriott. I can't find any solid links, though.

Mack da "missing link" Knife

--------------------
http://www.artcpodcast.org - There is adventure in sound!

Posts: 1895 | From: Atlanta, GA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
24K_ Kate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 24K_ Kate   Author's Homepage   E-mail 24K_ Kate   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I went to high school (And apeared in a production of Life With Father) with a kid named John Daman.

John Daman was in the short lived Family Ties spin off The Art Of Being Nick with Scott Valentine.

Scott Valentine was in Waitress! with John Moraitis.

John Moraitis was in Where the Truth Lies with Kevin Bacon.

Thus, I have a Bacon number of 4.

--------------------
<---Callisto

I have a 60 second snack idea for Rachel (Ray): Xanax, vodka, fall asleep.--Adrianne Frost, Best Week Ever.

Posts: 2374 | From: Naw-fik, VA y'all | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AliBaba
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 219 posted      Profile for AliBaba   E-mail AliBaba   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh well, what the hell, I'll play.

Although I'd prefer to distance myself from Bush, I can tell you I used to work with Monica Lewinsky - who used to work with Clinton (ahem) who has a nodding acquaintance Bush. Or, another way to go, I went to high school with Donald Rumsfeld's daughter.

As for Kevin Bacon, I'm pretty good friends with this guy, who was in "A Dirty Shame" with Chris Isaak who was in That Thing You Do! with Charlize Theron who was in Trapped with Kevin Bacon.

I'm pretty sure it's fairly easy to come within 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon. How about somebody trickier, like Garbo? Or Howard Hughes? Or J.D. Salinger?

As for Bill Gates, how about if I tell you I once got an e-mail from him, offering me money for testing his e-mail tracking program?

Ali "180 degress from Bush" Baba

Posts: 3068 | From: Kensington, MD | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AQB, Max's DHB
Santa eBayby

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AQB, Max's DHB     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FrogFeathers:
But, I'm delighted in this connection (I've just realized it): I am connected to Vincent D'Onofrio (*sigh*) through my meeting with Travis Tritt, who was in "The Cowboy Way" with Kiefer, who was in "A Few Good Men" with Kevin Bacon, who was in "Stir of Echoes" with Katherine Erbe, who is currently in "Law & Order CI" with Vincent D'Onofrio. [Big Grin]

FrogFeathers' imaginary friend AQB, Max's DHB has worked with Eric Bogosian (he did his Wake Up and Smell the Coffee here at the arts center), who is currently in "Lawnorder CI" with Vincent D'Onofrio. There y'go! [Smile]

I'll take the link to Chris Noth (*sigh*).

--------------------
"The Potato Festival will never be the same without Evelena." (from an obituary in the Charleston, WV, Gazette)

Posts: 215 | From: living here in Allentown, PA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NancyFancyPants
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NancyFancyPants     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The Director of Government Relations in my office worked for Dick Cheney for 8 years, so I'm only two away from Bush.

I'll get back to you on Bac-O and Bill.

--------------------
And on the 7th day, God said, "Let there be lips!"

Posts: 296 | From: Munhall, PA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
JoFo
Joy to the world, the Wii has come.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoFo   E-mail JoFo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I am three degrees from Bacon:

1. I connect to my uncle, Alain Fournier (a Montreal actor and acting teacher)
2. My uncle had a small role in the TV miniseries "Nuremburg" with Alec Baldwin.
3. Alec Baldwin was in the movie "She's Having my Baby" with Kevin Bacon.

Would've put this up a few days ago, but I had a hard time thinking of the movie that Baldwin and Bacon were in together.

As for Bush and Gates, I have no idea. I'm probably a lot more than 6 degrees away from them.

--------------------
I'm not paranoid, I'm just surrounded by enemies!

Posts: 420 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
birdman
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for birdman   E-mail birdman   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Kevin Bacon: One of my acquaintances from community theatre was an extra in Telling Lies in America, and was actually quite visible on screen, albeit briefly, although he's not listed in the credits. So just two degrees for me, although this guy doesn't know Bacon personally.

Bill Gates: One of my friends from college works for Microsoft in Redmond. I would imagine somewhere up the chain one of his superiors knows the man himself.

GWB: This is a trickier one. I know some local Republican politicians personally, things like city council, and some of their buddies might know someone who knows someone. I would probably need ABC's camera crew and limo to make the connection though.

-birdman

Posts: 1104 | From: near Cleveland, Ohio | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NancyFancyPants
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NancyFancyPants     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The closest I can get to Bac-O is:
1. Bac-O and Julia Roberts in Flatliners
2. Julia and George Clooney in Ocean's 11
3. My co-worker Kathryn took a class with Clooney

I can't seem to figure out a way to Capt. Windows.

--------------------
And on the 7th day, God said, "Let there be lips!"

Posts: 296 | From: Munhall, PA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Errata

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Errata   E-mail Errata   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NancyFancyPants:
The Director of Government Relations in my office worked for Dick Cheney for 8 years, so I'm only two away from Bush.

I'll get back to you on Bac-O and Bill.

Just a minor quibble, but thats 3 degrees. director (1), cheney (2), Bush (3).

And as I pointed out, Bush is 2 degrees from Bill via Queen Elizabeth. So you are at most 5 from him.

Posts: 2018 | From: Santa Barbara, California | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay Temple
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Temple     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
1. Both Randy West and I are frequent posters at the Game Show Forum
2. Randy West did a short stint as an announcer on The Price Is Right, which is hosted by Bob Barker.
3. Bob Barker was in Happy Gilmore with Adam Sandler.
4. Adam Sandler was a cast member of Saturday Night Live in 1991 when Kevin Bacon hosted.

--------------------
"Well, it looks we're on our own ... again."--Rev. Lovejoy

Posts: 3572 | From: St. Louis, MO | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
smackmac
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smackmac     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I can only think of Bacon:

My in-laws met Thomas Hulce when they were filming "Dominic and Eugene" here and actually let them use their garage for filming.

Thomas Hulce was in "Animal House" with Bacon.

--------------------
"Maybe getting in the last word doesn't really mean you win." - The Clarks

Posts: 486 | From: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
funkyteapots
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for funkyteapots   E-mail funkyteapots   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I like this one better than my previous one:

4 to Bacon: Jon Keeyes (1) performed my wedding ceremony and directed Arnold Vosloo (2) in Living & Dying; Arnold Vosloo was in Blood Diamond with Djimon Hounsou (3), who was in Beauty Shop with KB (4).

But it's still only 4.

--------------------
Also...I can kill you with my brain. ~River Tam

Posts: 37 | From: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Xia

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xia   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have no idea how I would get to Bush or Bill Gates, I might have to ask my brother for help with those two... I can get to Kevin Bacon in 4, though.

My brother (1), went to high school with Chris O'Donnell (2) who was in "Batman Forever" with Tommy Lee Jones (3), who was in "JFK" with Kevin Bacon (4).

ETA: With a little stretch, I can get it down to three...

My friend's mother (1) who I am also pretty much friends with used to run the Chicago LOTR fan club and has met Sean Astin (2) numerous times (ie he knows who she is; she also once planted a garden with him as part of a group charity project) Sean Astin was in "White Water Summer" with Kevin Bacon (3).

--------------------
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Posts: 2110 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AndrewR
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AndrewR   E-mail AndrewR   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
A family friend (1) is in the current West End production of The Sound of Music produced by Andrew Lloyd Webber (2) whose 2004 film version of Phantom of the Opera featured Emmy Rossum (3) who was in the 2003 film Mystic River with Kevin Bacon (4).

A friend (1) who is an American living in London is involved with an organisation called Democrats Abroad UK and has met Al Gore (2), who has (obviously) met Bush (3).

Posts: 61 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ma (1) worked for 1-Stop Building Supply (a construction supply company) (2) who sold supplies to the construction workers of the Amistad sets (3), a movie Morgan Freeman starred in (4); he also acted in Bonfire of the Vanities with Tom Hanks (5), who starred in Apollo 13 with Kevin Bacon (6).

I have a shorter version: Ma (1) goes to St. John's* in Newport, where William Hale (2) directed scenes from The Demon Murder Case, which starred Kevin Bacon(3). (And for another odd reason, Trisha Miller. However, I was about 12 when this was made, so it musta been another Trish. DANG! SO CLOSE!!)

-OR-

Ma (1) goes to St. John's in Newport, where Stephen Speilberg (2) filmed an inside** scene from Amistad with Matthew McConaughey(3), who acted alongside Morgan Freeman (4) who also acted in Bonfire of the Vanities with Tom Hanks (5), who starred in Apollo 13 with Kevin Bacon (6).

*St. John's has also been used as the church for Me, Myself and Irene.
**The picture is one I took. Unlike the movie, there is no giant-assed cross in the middle of the nave.

Trish "Ask me about the historically inaccurate 2 level decks on the colonial house in one scene of the movie" DaDish

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
quiltsbypam
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for quiltsbypam   E-mail quiltsbypam   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My brother-in-law works with a guy who says he's cousin to snopes. So that's what, three degrees of separation from greatness? [Wink]

ETA: It's not Bill Gates, Bush or Kevin Bacon, but who needs them?

--------------------
"No Biblical hell could ever be worse than the state of perpetual inconsequence." Beatrice in Dangerous Beauty

Posts: 1816 | From: Cayuga County, NY | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages