snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Amusement Bark » What are you listening to now?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What are you listening to now?
Cervus
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cervus   E-mail Cervus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I realized recently I've been going through a "dead storyteller" phase. Currently in my CD player:

Johnny Cash, American V: A Hundred Highways

Townes Van Zandt, In The Beginning

Warren Zevon, Life'll Kill Ya and The Wind

Steve Goodman, Live at the Earl of Old Town

Woody Guthrie, The Asch Recordings vol. 3 and 4

And thanks to emusic, I've also downloaded several early avant-garde albums by Moondog.

So what are y'all listening to?

--------------------
"There is no constitutional right to sleep with endangered reptiles." -- Carl Hiaasen
Won't somebody please think of the adults!

Posts: 8254 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TwoGuyswithaHat
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwoGuyswithaHat   E-mail TwoGuyswithaHat   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've been listening to some James Dean Bradfield Bsides I've finally been able to get my hands on.

--------------------
In politics, absurdity is not a handicap - Napoleon Bonaparte

Posts: 1801 | From: The Forest City, Ontario | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Miles Invictus
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miles Invictus   E-mail Miles Invictus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Don't laugh, but I really like the sound of it:
http://pi.ytmnd.com/. Someday I'm going to have to get a copy of the full song.

Also, Tenacious D.

Posts: 236 | From: Iowa | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Monster Joe
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monster Joe   Author's Homepage   E-mail Monster Joe   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Right now, I'm listening to the Kiss Alive 1975-2000 box. Alive II for the moment.
I just listened to the new Winger album in my car.
I'll be listening to Riot this afternoon.
Yesterday was mostly dedicated to the new Whitesnake Live album.

--------------------
You're saying "Long Live Rock n Roll!" not "Let's go home and drink a beer"

Posts: 43 | From: Belgium | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
A Guy Named Goo
Carol of the Bills

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A Guy Named Goo   Author's Homepage   E-mail A Guy Named Goo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Meat Loaf, Bat Out of Hell III: The Monster is Loose. His last album sucked hard, but this one is really fantastic. It feels like a BOoH album, especially with the songs Jim Steinman wrote on it.

--------------------
“I really feel like this is part of my life's work....It's part of what I want to do with my time here....So if I can make a difference at all by talking openly about myself, I'm glad.” - Anthony Rapp, Without You, pp. 206-207

Posts: 592 | From: Kenduskeag, ME | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bug Muldoon
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bug Muldoon   E-mail Bug Muldoon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Robin Williams doing a Spanish cover of My Way.

Scissor Sisters, Ta-dah (Paul McCartney - the song - and I Can't Decide are close to perfect)

I've still got The Kooks' Inside In, Outside Out on the iPod and Architecture in Helsinki's In Case We Die hasn't gotten old, either.

--------------------
All along the untrodden paths of the future, I can see the footprints of an unseen hand.

Posts: 6912 | From: Flanders | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ana Ng
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ana Ng   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Always Johnny Cash. My favorites are:
  • The Mercy Seat
  • Long Black Veil (I prefer Dave Matthews' version) :ducks:
  • Daddy Sang Bass
  • Rowboat (good self pity song) [lol]
  • If I Were A Carpenter

And some of my current general faves
  • Rilo Kiley, "I Never"
  • Jay-Z, "Takeover", "Kingdom Come", "Minority Report", "What They Gonna Do"
  • Tommy James & the Shondells, "Crimson and Clover"
  • Jarvis Cocker, "Black Magic"
  • Beach Boys, "God Only Knows"
  • Ash, "Goldfinger", "Cherry Bomb"
  • The Dears, "Lost In The Plot"
  • Weezer, "Velouria"
  • Sinead O'Connor & Shane McGowan, "Haunted"
  • Seanchai, "There Will Be Another Day"
  • Kanye West, "We Major", "Gone", "Golddigger"
  • Terrorvision, "Tequila"
  • The Tears, "Imperfection", "Co-Star"
  • Robert Johnson, "John the Revelator", "Stop Breakin' Down Blues"
  • Conway Twitty & Loretta Lynn "Louisiana Woman, Mississippi Man"
  • Dane Cook, in general.

--------------------
My great grandfather planted that tree!

Posts: 4862 | From: Brooklyn | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Giselle
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Giselle     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I dug out my copy of P.J. Harvey: "To bring you my love" and like it even more now than when I first got it.

--------------------
Ralphie, get off the stage sweetheart.

Posts: 2041 | From: Yuba City, California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BringTheNoise
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BringTheNoise   Author's Homepage   E-mail BringTheNoise   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Random Weezer songs on YouTube for me.

--------------------
"The United States Government: significantly less cruel and sadistic than the Taliban." - Dara

Posts: 1289 | From: Aberdeen University, Aberdeen, UK | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ana Ng
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ana Ng   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
BringTheNoise, if you've somehow missed my pimping it a zeeeeeelion times, look at Jay-Zeezer- IMO, the best Jay-Z mashup to date. I love "Only in a Moment of Clarity."

--------------------
My great grandfather planted that tree!

Posts: 4862 | From: Brooklyn | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
boogers
We Three Blings

Icon 106 posted      Profile for boogers   Author's Homepage   E-mail boogers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
London Calling by The Clash.
Posts: 1111 | From: Albuquerque, NM | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BringTheNoise
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BringTheNoise   Author's Homepage   E-mail BringTheNoise   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ana Ng:
BringTheNoise, if you've somehow missed my pimping it a zeeeeeelion times, look at Jay-Zeezer- IMO, the best Jay-Z mashup to date. I love "Only in a Moment of Clarity."

Somehow I had missed the pimpage. Thankoo.

I'm currently listening to a selection of tracks by Johnny Cash from the American Recordings series. Still need to get American V as well.

--------------------
"The United States Government: significantly less cruel and sadistic than the Taliban." - Dara

Posts: 1289 | From: Aberdeen University, Aberdeen, UK | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Monza305
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monza305   E-mail Monza305   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Looking for a different tape, I stumbled across an old cassette of some early Commodores stuff last week. Now I can't get that out of my head.

When that tape wasn't in, I was listening to "Mic City Sons" by Heatmiser. RIP Elliott.

--------------------
I've got a pen in my pocket does that make me a writer?
Standing on the mountain doesn't make me no higher.
Putting on gloves don't make you a fighter.
And all the study in the world doesn't make it science. -Paul Weller

Posts: 199 | From: Kalamazoo, MI | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
zman977
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zman977   Author's Homepage   E-mail zman977   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Right now I'm listening to the Big 80's on Sirius. Before that I was listening to the NOBODIES podcast

--------------------
Check out the podcast at www.candidradio.com

Ever notice how we always fall in love? We never climb gently in to love, or step lightly in to love. If love is such a good thing than why is it described as a fall.

Posts: 918 | From: La Salle Illinois USA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Simply Madeline
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Simply Madeline     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Listening Post at Accuradio: http://www.accuradio.com/listeningpost/
Posts: 763 | From: Chicago | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Psihala
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Psihala   E-mail Psihala   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Animusic

~Psihala

--------------------
StealthPost™

Posts: 3020 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Morgaine La Raq Star
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Morgaine La Raq Star   E-mail Morgaine La Raq Star   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Either Christmas music off my MP3 player or Weird Als 'Straight Outta Linwood'. Unfortunately, my kids are now walking around singing 'Don't wanta be a Canadian Idiot'. Lovely!!

--------------------
I cannot live without books-Thomas Jefferson *~* A child educated only at school is an uneducated child - George Santayana
I'm going to pummel you with such zeal, Buddha will explode! *~* Never miss a good chance to shut up - Will Rogers

Posts: 6585 | From: Dallas/Fort Worth, TX | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dutch Angua
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dutch Angua   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Listening to Rapalje; The Crown and the ring

Rapalje is a Dutch band, they play folk music.
Website

--------------------
Dude, where's my siggy?

Posts: 276 | From: Holland | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Griffin at the Maul
Joyeux New Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Griffin at the Maul     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
XM Radio Online- On Broadway channel

Let's Have Another Cup of Coffee from
As Thousands Cheer

--------------------
Where are we going, and why are we in this handbasket?

Posts: 782 | From: Arlington, TX | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The Year Without A SeaPea
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Year Without A SeaPea   E-mail The Year Without A SeaPea   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I was listening to Tenacious D until my MP3 player ran out of juice [Frown]

I was especially enjoying the tracks from the Pick of Destiny. Meatloaf's best work since "Spice World"!

--------------------
you can't fight biology...

Posts: 301 | From: New York | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
serarose
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for serarose   E-mail serarose   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Marking Time by Fluttr Effect

"Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol

Common Rotation is a Lie by Common Rotation

--------------------
The important thing is not to stop questioning- Einstein

Posts: 290 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ange84
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ange84   E-mail ange84   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm listening to all the random stuff i am downloading and have downloaded for the long drive home next week to make up some cds. I'm trying to find as much up beat stuff as possible, because we will will be leaving early in the morning and driving 14 hours straight. I think i must be insane

--------------------
Love is a sudden revelation: a kiss is always a discovery

Posts: 902 | From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Berry Well
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Berry Well     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
NIN, We're in this together.

--------------------
And if she says come inside I'll come inside for her.
If she says give it all I'll give everything to her.
I am justified. I am purified. I am sanctified. Inside you

Posts: 695 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages