snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Amusement Bark » Greg Page leaves the Wiggles.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Greg Page leaves the Wiggles.
Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo
Deck the Malls

Icon 06 posted      Profile for Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo   Author's Homepage   E-mail Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The Wiggles announced on their website that Greg, the lead singer in yellow, is leaving the group due to health problems. He will be replaced by his understudy Sam Moran.

For those who don't know the Wiggles: They are an Australian Musicgroup that sings Kid song (pre-school / early childhood (age 1 to 8 years I'd say). The founding members Greg Page, Murray Cook and Anthony Fields met while studying to become Preschool teacher and one assignment was to create educational songs. The got Jeff Fatt who had played with Anthony in the band "The Cockroaches" as fourth Wiggle. After some years performing in Australia Disney Channel discovered them. Now they are Australias main export, even topping Mel Gibson on the list.

--------------------
~Reality, the refuge of those who fail in RPGs~
aka Darkfist Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Posts: 334 | From: Lancaster, Ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
mizzie
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mizzie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Aww, that actually is kind of sad. My two-year-old loves the Wiggles and, in all honesty, they've grown on me. Not that I watch when she isn't around or anything, but they don't make me gag or twitch like some of the other shows she likes. I wonder what the "health problems" are. Hope he's going to be ok. [Frown]
Posts: 41 | From: Baxter, MN | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Starla
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starla     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The Wiggles press release:
quote:
Greg Page is afflicted with a condition known as orthostatic intolerance. Put simply, it means that when Greg stands up, his heart does not compensate for the change in posture by pumping more blood around his body for it to function properly. A similar problem occurs when there is a change in the environment such as a warm room or hot weather.

This condition is causing problems with his walking, balance, speech and coordination. It relates to the proper functioning of the autonomic nervous system, which is the way the human body regulates things we don’t consciously have to think about such as heart beat and temperature regulation.

I'm not a huge Wiggles fan, but my kids like them. It's too bad Greg is not doing well.

--------------------
This used to be the life, but I don't need another one.
MyBandwagon

Posts: 3254 | From: small town Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
candycane from strangers
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candycane from strangers   Author's Homepage   E-mail candycane from strangers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Usually I have a dislike of all things yellow, but Greg was still always my favorite Wiggle (I used to babysit). I'm sorry to hear he has health problems.

--------------------
Me: "He's 19? Uh oh, I bought him a beer."
A: "You contributed to the deliquency of a minor in drag!"
"Sweet spell check: keeping drunks off the radar since 1995."- IND
God Re-Animate Green Pork Bush

Posts: 3986 | From: Illinois, jealous? | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
KaiTheInvader
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KaiTheInvader   Author's Homepage   E-mail KaiTheInvader   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Man, you can tell I've spent far too much time around my one year olds when my first reaction the headline was "AWWW!" although I gotta admit, I like the show too. I hope he'll be all right.

--------------------
Resurrection of mankind to careen in silent pace. Feeling lonely. I am the dream that nobody dreams of, but will you dream of me, and dream of eternal desire? If you dream of me, will you live for me? Will you? Will you?

Posts: 344 | From: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lulu
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lulu   E-mail Lulu   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My 4 year old and I watched this on the news and had a chat about the new yellow Wiggle, Sam. 4 year old had some interesting questions, which included, "Does Sam know how to drive the Big Red Car?" and "Will all of our Wiggles DVDs have Sam on them now?" What a lovely boy [Smile]

--------------------
"What I do not understand is why it makes a difference how the goat is exposed." ~ Rhiandmoi

Posts: 2153 | From: Northern NSW, Australia | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
the Virgin Marrya
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Virgin Marrya     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
gosh. tha't worse than hearing about Steven Burns' suicide* Poor guy - hope he gets some rest and can recuperate, perhaps.
It seems so strange that someone so physically fit and active [olympic competitors would struggle to keep up, I bet] should be so incapacitated. It sounds like quite an unpleasant condition, and that he's been 'soldiering on' for some time with the symptoms [plus 2 hernias last year? the guy NEEDs to take a break!!]

*especially since this one is true, eh? [fish]

--------------------
Windows cannot open this file. To open this file correctly, defenestrate, then try running the file again...

Posts: 5383 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jusenkyo no Pikachu
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jusenkyo no Pikachu     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I was 8 when the Wiggles started out. They never stopped growing on me, so I'm kinda sorry to see Greg go as well.

--------------------
"Never underestimate a nerd from outer space."
--Von, that alien from that Kids Incorporated episode.

Posts: 1189 | From: Australia | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
pob14
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pob14     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm sad for Greg. My older daughter has pretty much outgrown the Wiggles now, but the younger one (5) picked their Christmas DVD to watch the other day. With many cartoons and other kids' entertainment pushing the envelope of taste (not that I think that's necessarily bad), the Wiggles provided an oasis of gentleness in the Mr. Rogers tradition.

And I was reminded by that DVD of how good a singer Greg Page really is. (In particular, if your kids have it, give a good listen to "The World Is One" or "Angels We Have Heard On High.") He recorded some solo albums, which I've never heard, but there are samples on his website.

Hope he and his family end up OK.

--------------------
Patrick

Posts: 576 | From: Illinois | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LizzyJingleBells
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 15 posted      Profile for LizzyJingleBells   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah. [Frown] I really liked the Wiggles. My son doesn't watch them anymore, but I still get a kick out of the "Hot Potato" dance.

I do hope he'll be alright. It's sad he has to leave though.

--------------------
Come on, come on, we were once upon a time in love
If the only prayer you say in your life is thank you, that would suffice. - Meister Eckhart My Blog

Posts: 7725 | From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brandi
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brandi     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't think I've heard anything by the Wiggles and the photos of them scare me a little (especially the guy in purple, who looks like he's being given an ice-water enema in some pictures), but this Greg guy really seemed to enjoy his work and it's a shame he can't perform anymore.
Posts: 2787 | From: California | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pogue Ma-humbug
Happy Christmas (Malls are Open)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pogue Ma-humbug   E-mail Pogue Ma-humbug   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
This was on the front page of the New York Times today.

Pogue

--------------------
Let's drink to the causes in your life:
Your family, your friends, the union, your wife.

Posts: 11325 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Billy Biggles
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billy Biggles   Author's Homepage   E-mail Billy Biggles   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wiggles...wiggles...such a silly-sounding name...bring back Aunty Jack, that's what I say.

Now,this is a group of children's entertainers. Call me when Legs Akimbo get back together.

--------------------
Cogito ergo sum, non sum qualis eram. Putting Descartes before the Horace every time.

Posts: 377 | From: East Anglia, UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
WildaBeast
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildaBeast   E-mail WildaBeast   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I wonder if The Wiggles will still induce vomiting in Mr. Fed's kids without Greg? [lol]

--------------------
"Unseasonable is an odd word to begin with. It sounds like it's describing something that it's impossible to sprinkle pepper on." -- Nonny

Posts: 5483 | From: Just south of Folsom Prison, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages