snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Amusement Bark » Britney Spears Files for Divorce (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Britney Spears Files for Divorce
ValiumTen
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ValiumTen   E-mail ValiumTen   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Breaking news on CNN.com
Posts: 19 | From: Redwood City, CA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Amigone201
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amigone201   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Here's a cite:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Music/11/07/britney.divorce/index.html

Two years and a month huh? This has got to be some kind of record...at least for Britney.

--------------------
Check out my blog! http://fundiewatch.blogspot.com

Posts: 1527 | From: Buffalo, NY | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cervus
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cervus   E-mail Cervus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I noticed this coincides with the release of K-Fed's first album. Coincidence?

[fish]

--------------------
"There is no constitutional right to sleep with endangered reptiles." -- Carl Hiaasen
Won't somebody please think of the adults!

Posts: 8254 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Beechwill
I Am Curious, Yellowtail

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beechwill     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I guess your husband leaving his seven-months-pregnant girlfriend for you isn't a guarantee of marital bliss. Who knew?

--------------------
"Death is not the end. There remains the litigation over the estate."
-Ambrose Bierce

Posts: 17 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DawnStorm
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 204 posted      Profile for DawnStorm   E-mail DawnStorm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amigone201:

Two years and a month huh? This has got to be some kind of record...at least for Britney. [/QB]

Hey it lasted longer than her first marriage!

--------------------
Leashes?! We don't need no stinking leashes!!

Posts: 4771 | From: The Berkeley of the East Coast: Montgomery County MD | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Seasonal petrelgirl
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seasonal petrelgirl     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It's tough for one to last shorter that the first one.

--------------------
"I suggest we decide through a knife battle" "But you're the only one of us that carries a knife." "Correction, [I carry] four."

Posts: 64 | From: Atlanta, GA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rebochan the Retail Reindeer
Good King Wal-Mart

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rebochan the Retail Reindeer   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow, never saw *this* coming! I'm shocked, shocked! [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes

"Vote Republican! We won't burn you at the stake for your religious beliefs or slaughter your family and steal your land." -- Ramblin' Dave

Posts: 3555 | From: Florida | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Katness
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Katness   Author's Homepage   E-mail Katness   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
... and in other news, water is wet. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Eschew Obfuscation.

Posts: 72 | From: Puyallup, WA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Evil_eyes
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evil_eyes   Author's Homepage   E-mail Evil_eyes   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Katness, I love your avatar. I have a gold Garfield charm that I got when I was 17, amazingly enough I got it at a Spencer's store in FL.

Sorry for the highjack, you may continue being shocked and amazed at this short lived union of two young love birds, she figuring that she would be able to change him, and him figuring she would just eventually shut up or something.

E* not surprised at all*E

--------------------
"Taking all the pain I give you
Loving blindly in return
And I need you more than ever"
WWW.Myspace.com/E_E2000

Posts: 1243 | From: Northern VA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
candycane from strangers
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candycane from strangers   Author's Homepage   E-mail candycane from strangers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
At least he didn't leave her while she was still pregnant.

--------------------
Me: "He's 19? Uh oh, I bought him a beer."
A: "You contributed to the deliquency of a minor in drag!"
"Sweet spell check: keeping drunks off the radar since 1995."- IND
God Re-Animate Green Pork Bush

Posts: 3986 | From: Illinois, jealous? | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Morgaine La Raq Star
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Morgaine La Raq Star   E-mail Morgaine La Raq Star   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Now all she needs to do is go on Oprah & cry and spill her guts about how young she was & how misled she was & how she's good friends with his 1st ex now & she's learned so much from her mistakes & by the way her new album is coming out next month!

--------------------
I cannot live without books-Thomas Jefferson *~* A child educated only at school is an uneducated child - George Santayana
I'm going to pummel you with such zeal, Buddha will explode! *~* Never miss a good chance to shut up - Will Rogers

Posts: 6585 | From: Dallas/Fort Worth, TX | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MissEltoe
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 19 posted      Profile for MissEltoe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Finding Rebochan:
Wow, never saw *this* coming! I'm shocked, shocked! [Roll Eyes]

Dammit! That's what I was going to say! [Wink]

--------------------
Licorice of the Lord! This is classy stuff...Should I be wearing a tie? Or, at least, pants?
~I'mNotDedalus

Posts: 975 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Seltaeb
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seltaeb     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
First Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley, and now this? What is the world coming to?
Posts: 109 | From: Lenexa, Kansas | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
VersesBatman
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VersesBatman     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Morgaine La Raq Star:
Now all she needs to do is go on Oprah & cry and spill her guts about how young she was & how misled she was & how she's good friends with his 1st ex now & she's learned so much from her mistakes & by the way her new album is coming out next month!

She'll probably hold up her fingers in quotes the whole time.

--------------------
It's like they took a bunch of movies, put them in a blender and turned it on really fast!-Mystery Science Theater 3000

Posts: 2603 | From: Magna, Utah | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Echinodermata Q. Taft
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Echinodermata Q. Taft   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
In a marvelous coincidence, therer was an article in today's San Diego Union-Tribune entertainment section on Federline's music career, with the headline saying he wanted to be more than just "Mr. Spears."

You got that one accomplised, K-Fed! Good work!

--------------------
http://eqtaft.blogspot.com

Hope for the future! http://www.runobama.com

Posts: 3218 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
STF
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for STF   Author's Homepage   E-mail STF   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oddly I've enjoyed Federline's recent WWE appearances. It's also funny that he mentioned Britney in his promo that aired last night.

--------------------
STF on MySpace

Posts: 5186 | From: Coweta County, GA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dogwater
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogwater   E-mail Dogwater   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
('scuse me whilst I climb up on my high horse) This calls (loudly)for a knock-off Dr. Cox-ism... I'm not sure what is less likely: me caring about the break-up of some used-to-be-a-hottie but now seems to have a thin layer of "ick" popstar and her I'm-sure-he-bathes-in-Axe body spray, non-rubber-wearing, talentless husband or me caring about anything that happens on Wisteria Lane.

--------------------
As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Posts: 1679 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
VersesBatman

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VersesBatman     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Good Cox rant!

--------------------
It's like they took a bunch of movies, put them in a blender and turned it on really fast!-Mystery Science Theater 3000

Posts: 2603 | From: Magna, Utah | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ThistleSoftware
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThistleSoftware     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm actually quite please about this. I hope she starts straightening out other areas of her life, such as her career and her child rearing skills. She seems like an okay, if ignorant, person, so I wish no ill upon her.

--------------------
Officially Heartless

Posts: 3065 | From: The Montgomery County of the West Coast- Berkeley, CA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Methuselah
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Methuselah     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well...at least it wasn't a gay marriage. Then it would have really been a sham, travesty, made the baby jeebus cry, destroyed the sanctity, killed all the puppies, etc.

--------------------
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." - G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 1514 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ryda Wong, EBfCo.
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   E-mail Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
We have the newsroom TV on cnn, and they just refered to Federline as K-Fed-Ex [Big Grin]

--------------------
So many spankings! It feels so good! But at the same time, I don't care about meeting your family! - I'mNotDedalus:

Posts: 3216 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 220 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Britney Spears Wedding a Hoax?

Divorce papers Britney Spears filed to end her two-year marriage to Kevin Federline suggest that the couple's Studio City, California nuptials were nothing but a big hoax.

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/original/article_21248598.shtml

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
diddy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diddy   E-mail diddy   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:

Divorce papers Britney Spears filed to end her two-year marriage to Kevin Federline suggest that the couple's Studio City, California nuptials were nothing but a big hoax.

Well accepting that there has to be hundreds of marriages that last just as long or far shorter than 2 years, why must we assume that it a "hoax" I mean there are obvious records on hand, they had two kids together.

--------------------
W.W.F.S.M.D?
But this image of Bush as some sort of Snidely Whiplash tying the fair maiden to the railroad tracks is beyond the pale. - Joe Bentley

Posts: 2311 | From: Minnnesota | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Callie Cat
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Callie Cat     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by diddy:
quote:

Well accepting that there has to be hundreds of marriages that last just as long or far shorter than 2 years, why must we assume that it a "hoax" I mean there are obvious records on hand, they had two kids together.
You should probably read the article. It doesn't claim their entire marriage is a hoax, just that they weren't legally married on the date that was widely reported.

Callie.

Posts: 1304 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Victoria J
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Victoria J   E-mail Victoria J   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by diddy:
quote:

The article is only suggesting that the wedding was a hoax, with the real ceremony held seperately (and later) from the one which was reported and photographed. Not that the marriage itself is a hoax.

Diddy - it just goes to show you can't judge an article by its headline [Razz] (The headline is techniclly accurate but I would assume designed to mislead people, or to entice them to read the story by promising something more juicy than the real story)

ETA Ouch - spanked by Callie Cat.

Victoria J

--------------------
Post accompanied by maniacal laughter.

Posts: 577 | From: London, UK | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
nurple
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nurple   Author's Homepage   E-mail nurple   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ryda Wong:
We have the newsroom TV on cnn, and they just refered to Federline as K-Fed-Ex [Big Grin]

[lol]
That is awesome!

--------------------
"You better respect the Rap or the Rap won't respect you." Ledatru

Posts: 1141 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Little Pink Pill
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Little Pink Pill     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow, she apparently told him via text message, and he just happened to be on camera when it happened.

--------------------
The technical term is narcissism. You can't believe everything is your fault unless you also believe you're all powerful.--House

Posts: 2684 | From: Budapest | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
KatrinaDuck
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KatrinaDuck   E-mail KatrinaDuck   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
If you look at the video in Little Pink Pill's link, it seems that the reporter is almost laughing as she tells the news.
You think she won the office pool?

--------------------
It is, after all, the dab of grit that seeps into an oyster's shell that makes the pearl, not pearl-making seminars with other oysters. -Stephen King

Posts: 481 | From: North Brunswick, NJ | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BringTheNoise
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BringTheNoise   Author's Homepage   E-mail BringTheNoise   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by STF:
Oddly I've enjoyed Federline's recent WWE appearances. It's also funny that he mentioned Britney in his promo that aired last night.

Maybe he needed time on his own to train for his match against Cena? [Wink]

--------------------
"The United States Government: significantly less cruel and sadistic than the Taliban." - Dara

Posts: 1289 | From: Aberdeen University, Aberdeen, UK | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
VersesBatman

quote:
Originally posted by Little Pink Pill:
Wow, she apparently told him via text message, and he just happened to be on camera when it happened.

Ouch. And right after he said all that stuff about how supportive she is.

--------------------

diddy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diddy   E-mail diddy   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I admit I hadn't read the article but the headline drew the entire idea that the marriage was a sham that was to promote either Brittany's or Kevin's career and was never intended to last. That implicitly covers all aspects of the marriage which I dispute thanks to all the bad publicity that came with it and the fact that she had 2 kids. Her 48 hour quickie, i would argue differently.

--------------------
W.W.F.S.M.D?
But this image of Bush as some sort of Snidely Whiplash tying the fair maiden to the railroad tracks is beyond the pale. - Joe Bentley

Posts: 2311 | From: Minnnesota | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
JoFo
Joy to the world, the Wii has come.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoFo   E-mail JoFo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BringTheNoise:
quote:
Originally posted by STF:

Maybe he needed time on his own to train for his match against Cena? [Wink]
Perhaps, as an added bonus, Cena will stop making lame Britney-related puns (I know, it's probably just wishful thinking).

Anyways, after finding out about the text messaging part of the story, I have to say that I feel bad for ol' K-Fed. That's a pretty low way to dump someone.

--------------------
I'm not paranoid, I'm just surrounded by enemies!

Posts: 420 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
RingKeeper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RingKeeper     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
He's seeking full custody of the kids.

It says in the article that he wants to "protect and safeguard the children". I guess that's a jab at Britney's rather public parenting mistakes.

--------------------
There are just some things a dog can't explain to a monkey.

Posts: 2529 | From: Newfoundland | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tarquin Farquart
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tarquin Farquart   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm assuming there was a pre-nup?

--------------------
I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen and incessant quotations from "Now We Are Six" through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head. So there!

Posts: 802 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mosherette
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mosherette     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Accoridng to the new this morning there is a pre-nup and he'll get about $300,000. Unfortunately my searching skills have abandoned me today and I can't find a cite - 'twas on the radio.

--------------------
Silence should never under any circumstances be construed as agreement. A lot of the time, it's simply a reflection that someone just said something so stupid that no response could possibly do it justice. - Ramblin' Dave

Posts: 8528 | From: Nottingham, England | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages