snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Amusement Bark » Exceptions to things you hate (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Exceptions to things you hate
Hans Off
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hans Off   E-mail Hans Off   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I hate all nuts except....

actually forget I said anything!

I hate anything by (as christened by The Dude) "The ****ing Eagles" Except Hotel California

--------------------
"British English speakers point to Americans adding more syllables so that they can make even more noise without actually saying anything." Llewtrah

Posts: 2235 | From: Sussex , UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
RangerDog
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RangerDog   E-mail RangerDog   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
In the same vein as Malruhn, I can't stand hip hop, rap, or the culture that they think they are representin'. That being said, I love Em and Em's 9 Mile Road.

--------------------
Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish

Posts: 2036 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MissEltoe
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissEltoe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I hate tomatoes, but will eat any tomato-y condiment (tomato sauce, ketchup, etc).

I hate tootsie rolls, but I love the red candy on tootsie pops.

...dammit! I can't think of anymore. I'll be back!

--------------------
Licorice of the Lord! This is classy stuff...Should I be wearing a tie? Or, at least, pants?
~I'mNotDedalus

Posts: 975 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NeeCD
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NeeCD   E-mail NeeCD       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I also hate tomatoes in any way shape or form (I even get garlic sauce on my pizza instead), but I absolutely love tomato soup.

--------------------
I wondered why the Frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK!" and other lingo mean?

Posts: 1720 | From: Stafford Hamlet, OR | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rebochan the Retail Reindeer
Good King Wal-Mart

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rebochan the Retail Reindeer   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Potatos. I hate hate hate hate potatos.

French fries are my favorite food.

It's really more that frying them gets rid of the potatoey taste. I can't eat mashed potatos because they taste like potatos. I can eat french fries and certian types of hash browns because they don't taste like potatos.

--------------------
"One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes

"Vote Republican! We won't burn you at the stake for your religious beliefs or slaughter your family and steal your land." -- Ramblin' Dave

Posts: 3555 | From: Florida | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
VersesBatman

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VersesBatman     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MissE:
I hate tomatoes, but will eat any tomato-y condiment (tomato sauce, ketchup, etc).

I hate tootsie rolls, but I love the red candy on tootsie pops.

...dammit! I can't think of anymore. I'll be back!

I too hate Tootsie Rolls with the exception of the Tootsie Pops.

The only Adam Sandler movie I like is The Wedding Singer.

--------------------
It's like they took a bunch of movies, put them in a blender and turned it on really fast!-Mystery Science Theater 3000

Posts: 2603 | From: Magna, Utah | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Seaboe Muffinchucker
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Seaboe Muffinchucker     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rebochan Caught The Rain:

Ah, another fan of Idaho shrimp. [Big Grin]

Seaboe

--------------------
Education is not the filling of a hard drive, but the lighting of a bulb. -- Yeats via Esprise Me

Posts: 5562 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
diddy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diddy   E-mail diddy   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

It's really more that frying them gets rid of the potatoey taste. I can't eat mashed potatos because they taste like potatos. I can eat french fries and certian types of hash browns because they don't taste like potatos.

Me too, the worst part is that nobody understands that part. *shrug*

--------------------
W.W.F.S.M.D?
But this image of Bush as some sort of Snidely Whiplash tying the fair maiden to the railroad tracks is beyond the pale. - Joe Bentley

Posts: 2311 | From: Minnnesota | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
First of Two
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for First of Two   Author's Homepage   E-mail First of Two   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hate seafood... except lemon salmon.

Hate tomatoes, like ketchup.

Hate sweet potatoes... except this very specific recipe my mom makes.

Can't stand liberals, think Silas rules. [lol]

--------------------
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide." - Jerry Pournelle

Posts: 14567 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Roadie
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roadie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RangerDog:
In the same vein as Malruhn, I can't stand hip hop, rap, or the culture that they think they are representin'. That being said, I love Em and Em's 9 Mile Road.

Did you get an extra mile? My CD is only 8-Mile. [lol]

--------------------
"The little local company I buy from has CHEAP shipping and I have met their goats." (snapdragonfly)

"And that's one lost erection I'll never get back! You hear me Dan! I'm owed an erection!" (I'mNotDedalus)

Posts: 2658 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Goombah
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Goombah     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I can't stand all those "World's Wildest Police Chases" type shows. If you want to improve them then we need more police brutality and less John Brunell. On the other hand, I love watching idiots in action. Especially when it's not my a## on the line.

--------------------
Ok guys, try to remember this time. It's pillage first, then burn.

Posts: 179 | From: Holdrege, NE | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
RangerDog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RangerDog   E-mail RangerDog   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well Roadie, my dear, I saw it when we had free HBO for three months so they also threw in that last mile. Or so. [Wink]

--------------------
Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish

Posts: 2036 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
robbiev - singin' off key

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robbiev - singin' off key   Author's Homepage   E-mail robbiev - singin' off key   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tribrats:
quote:
Originally posted by VersesBatman:
I hate raisens unless they are in cereal. I don't know why that is.

[lol] Me too!
Same here, but I only eat them in Raisin Bran. Don't like them in any other cereal or anything else.

--------------------
Every time I see a good looking woman, I think, "0oooh. There's another one I'll never have!"

Corvette. The louder you scream, the faster I'll go.

Posts: 1820 | From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jineline
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jineline   E-mail Jineline   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I hate spaghetti westerns, but love Ennio Morricone soundtracks. I despise olives, but drench foods in olive oil, and use castille soap.

--------------------
"Skepticism is the chastity of the intellect: it is shameful to surrender it too soon, or to the first comer." -George Santayana

"He who has laughter on his side has no need of proof." - Theodor Adorno

Posts: 43 | From: Montreal, QC | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
annabohly
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annabohly   E-mail annabohly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
hate onions- but love onion rings

--------------------
And always remember....when life hands you Lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over !!!!!

Posts: 521 | From: St. Louis, MO | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
jessboo
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jessboo     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
can i join the tomato corner? tomatoes are the fruit of teh debil, particularly in puree or ketchup form- but I love tomato soup.

I always think i hate Tom Hanks, but on pondering it, i realise that I like most of his films. Oh, and I agree with the Jim Carrey/Truman Show thing, too.

--------------------
Join me on Lost - www.lost.eu/edcf

Do you have any wine? All of this would go a lot smoother in an altered state of reality.

Posts: 779 | From: Southampton, England | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Oceanic Aura
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Oceanic Aura   Author's Homepage   E-mail Oceanic Aura   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jineline:
I hate spaghetti westerns, but love Ennio Morricone soundtracks. I despise olives, but drench foods in olive oil, and use castille soap.

Oh! Ennio Morricone is a genius! I love him dearly. Although, I really enjoy a good spaghetti Western.

Have you tried the Kill Bill soudtracks? QT uses him quite a lot. Actually, don't get the soudtracks - they eliminate several key songs. I made my own and arranged them out in chronological order. Ehm...Kill Bill nerd moment over now.

--------------------
"Are we talking misdemeanor trouble or squeal like a pig trouble?"

Posts: 618 | From: Ann Arbor, Michigan | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cervus
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cervus   E-mail Cervus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Oceanic Aura:
Have you tried the Kill Bill soudtracks? QT uses him quite a lot. Actually, don't get the soudtracks - they eliminate several key songs. I made my own and arranged them out in chronological order.

What a coincidence...that's my project for this week. Only I'm arranging my songs in the order that sounds best to me, regardless of their place in the film.

--------------------
"There is no constitutional right to sleep with endangered reptiles." -- Carl Hiaasen
Won't somebody please think of the adults!

Posts: 8254 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NeeCD
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NeeCD   E-mail NeeCD       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by diddy:
quote:

Me too, the worst part is that nobody understands that part. *shrug*
I won't eat potatoes either, and I agree that it gets you the weirdest looks from people. I make an exception for Wendy's (and sometimes McD's) french fries and Pringles (because everyone knows they aren't real potatoes [Wink] ).

--------------------
I wondered why the Frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK!" and other lingo mean?

Posts: 1720 | From: Stafford Hamlet, OR | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Signora Del Drago
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 99 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yay! I finally came up with something I hate. I've been trying so hard to think of something but apparently don't spend a lot of time hating. I hate "twang-twang" music, but I love "Friends in Low Places." In fact, it's one of my favorite songs. Go figure.

--------------------
"This air we're breathing. Oxygen, isn't it?"~I’mNotDedalus, impersonating Vincent D’Onofrio.|"Sometimes trying to communicate can be like walking through a minefield."~wanderwoman
"Give people a break. It's not easy doing a life."~Joshua Halberstam

Posts: 4020 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
rocksong
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rocksong     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hate reality TV, enjoy "Idol".
Posts: 225 | From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pondicherry Pi
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pondicherry Pi   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pondicherry Pi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Eh, I'm open to pretty much everything except raw mushrooms and I don't have any exceptions for that.

I have music in all genres, movies in all genres, books in all genres, and although I *want* to hate reality TV, I have enjoyed American Idol, Americas Next Top Model, The Surreal World (and Strange Love and Flavor of Love), and... well more than I like to admit.

Wait! I hate fish, but tuna salad is totally one of my favorite foods. Phew! I was starting to think I was weird.

--------------------
If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats. - Lemony Snicket

What the NFBSK is Glurge? Or, a link to Snopes Lingo

Posts: 218 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Santa Mari-a
Happy Holly Days

Icon 99 posted      Profile for Santa Mari-a     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I hate a lot of the cheeses you're "supposed" to like if you have class--chevre, brie, etc. I like the lowbrow stuff better--Velveeta, American cheese and the like. I hate feta cheese plain, but I love it in other dishes.

I also like the candy you can get at the drugstore or supermarket much better than the fancy designer chocolates like Godiva.

Back to movies--count me in as another person who hates most televised sports (apart from the Olympics and the Triple Crown) but enjoys sports movies. I think the appeal of the movies is that the major part of them is the interesting backstories; the actual sports are condensed into the most exciting bits.

--------------------
Si hoc comprehendere potes, gratias age magistro Latinae.

Posts: 1720 | From: Charlottesville, VA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Van Couver

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Van Couver   E-mail Van Couver   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hate reality TV....but enjoyed "Dancing on Ice" (Uk - at least until Barrowman left.) The one episode of "Who want to be a superhero" and the first Season of "Fame acedemy" (UK)

--------------------
FAMILY(n): Where the term insane is a RELATIVE term //Threadkiller: Watch this line.....it might be the last on this topic........

Posts: 2146 | From: Austria | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Seasonal petrelgirl
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seasonal petrelgirl     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't like movie trilogies which had only the last two installments filmed at the same time, but I love Back to the Future, ESPECIALLY the third part.

--------------------
"I suggest we decide through a knife battle" "But you're the only one of us that carries a knife." "Correction, [I carry] four."

Posts: 64 | From: Atlanta, GA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Richard1978
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard1978   E-mail Richard1978   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
When I was young some of my friends couldn't understand why I liked playing with He-Man figures but didn't like the cartoons.

This was because the cartoons aways seemed to run to the same "we can't work out how to stop Skelitor's plan until 2 minutes before the end" formula, which got boring very quickly.

With the toys there was a lot more freedom.

Almost the same applies with Transformers & Gobots, which also seemed to have a "Heros act like a bunch of idiots until the last few scenes" rule, along with they way TV-AM used to chop the episodes up & show them randomly in the Wide Awake Club.

Posts: 372 | From: Marple, UK | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
serarose
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for serarose   E-mail serarose   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't know how to cook, and have no desire to learn... but my fave reality show is Hell's Kitchen [lol]

--------------------
The important thing is not to stop questioning- Einstein

Posts: 290 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Hazed
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hazed   E-mail Hazed   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Not really interested in sports at all, but I am obsessed with the Mets. I work two full time jobs, one overnight, so I get extremely little sleep. That being said, I forgo sleep just to watch my team play, (and hopefully win). I talk nonstop about the Mets, yell and cheer loudly watching the games, and I even had my housekey made with the Mets logo on it. And I am obsessed with Shawn Green too, I absolutely love him. He is a great asset to the team and pretty cute too. Okay, now I'm going off on a tangent, sorry, told you I was obsessed. [lol]
Posts: 1128 | From: New York | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Illuminatus
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Illuminatus   E-mail Illuminatus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I hate, hate, HATE anime and its bottomless pretension, but I love Shinichiro Watanabe's work (Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, etc)

--------------------
"DEAR APPALLED: I see no harm in a group of young women playing strip poker at an all-girl slumber party." -Dear Abby

Posts: 532 | From: Champaign-Urbana, IL | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tabbymago

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Tabbymago   Author's Homepage   E-mail Tabbymago   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It delights me to no end to learn that my favorite "would be a guilty pleasure if I had any shame" show, a cartoon about preteen girls who battle aliens using animal-themed transformations and sparkly superpowers, is not only quirky and silly, but also bottomlessly pretentious. Learn something new every day!

-Tabby
the princess with claws

--------------------
If you don't appreciate the irony, the irony appreciates.

"Sappiness and medieval violence: it's a wonderful combination. Like chocolate and peanut butter for the mind." -me on my fantasy novel-in-progress

Posts: 2281 | From: Arizona | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dutch Angua
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dutch Angua   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I agree about Tim Allen and Galexy Quest.

Alan Rickman makes every movie better [Wink]

--------------------
Dude, where's my siggy?

Posts: 276 | From: Holland | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Illuminatus
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Illuminatus   E-mail Illuminatus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tabbymago:
It delights me to no end to learn that my favorite "would be a guilty pleasure if I had any shame" show, a cartoon about preteen girls who battle aliens using animal-themed transformations and sparkly superpowers, is not only quirky and silly, but also bottomlessly pretentious. Learn something new every day!

-Tabby
the princess with claws

Hey now, I'm allowed to make broad, sweeping generalizations about things I hate. [Wink]

--------------------
"DEAR APPALLED: I see no harm in a group of young women playing strip poker at an all-girl slumber party." -Dear Abby

Posts: 532 | From: Champaign-Urbana, IL | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
JoFo
Joy to the world, the Wii has come.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoFo   E-mail JoFo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hate most, if not all, cheeses, but I love pizza and will occasionally have a grilled cheese sandwich.

Hate watching sports most of the time, but rooting for the Canadiens during playoff time is just electrifying.

I thought I could think of some more interesting ones, but I seem to be drawing a blank now...

--------------------
I'm not paranoid, I'm just surrounded by enemies!

Posts: 420 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
arluquin
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for arluquin         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I quite enjoy celery (it is often my vegetable of choice when presented with a veggie tray and dip) but can't stand them mixed with anything - stirfrys, tuna salad sandwiches, soups etc.

I love tomatoes but I don't like eating canned/diced tomatoes (like in spaghetti sauce). But the weird thing is that if the canned/diced tomatoes are in the sauce, I'll still eat them as long as its mixed in with a bunch of other stuff. If I have a straggler diced tomatoe sitting on my plate, I won't eat it. Same goes for straggler green peppers.

Someone mentioned The Eagles earlier. I find myself saying that I don't like The Eagles (especially Hotel California), but then I find myself tapping my foot if a song of theirs comes on the radio. Maybe it's just Hotel California that I don't like.

-arluquin

Posts: 122 | From: Calgary | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Paulie Jay
O Little Down-Payment of Bethlehem

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paulie Jay     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I hate the colour brown, yet I have three brown shirts, a pair of brown trousers, and a pair of brown shoes. And I look smashing in them.  -

I still hate brown though...

--------------------
All the way with Paulie Jay

Posts: 476 | From: Sydney, NSW, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages