snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Amusement Bark » Samuel L. Jackson's wants 'Snakes' sequel (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Samuel L. Jackson's wants 'Snakes' sequel
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 301 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Samuel L. Jackson wants to make a sequel to 'Snakes on a Plane' - 'Snakes On Crack'.

The 'Pulp Fiction' actor loved shooting the scary serpent movie so much that he is keen to make a sequel.

However, Jackson insists that if a second film does get the go-ahead the snakes need to be bigger, badder and madder.

http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/0905jackson-CP.html

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 501 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
If a second film does get the go-ahead the snakes need to be bigger, badder and madder.
And then the snakes could team up with Samuel L. Jackson, and together they could fight an even bigger, badder, and madder monster, like a dragon or Godzilla!

- snopes

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DemonWolf
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DemonWolf     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
quote:
If a second film does get the go-ahead the snakes need to be bigger, badder and madder.
And then the snakes could team up with Samuel L. Jackson, and together they could fight an even bigger, badder, and madder monster, like a dragon or Godzilla!

- snopes

No ,one that looks like Godzilla, but due to international copyright laws - it's not.

--------------------
Friends are like skittles: they come in many colors, and some are fruity!

IMJW-052804

Posts: 7224 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Echinodermata Q. Taft
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Echinodermata Q. Taft   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Still, we should run from it as if it were Godzilla! ...though it isn't.

Considering that the first film kinda tanked at the box office, not sure this will go ahead. On the other hand, it may make some of that up in international revenues and DVD sales, and it probably wasn't all that expensive to make, so...if Jackson wants to do it, someone may well accomadate him.

--------------------
http://eqtaft.blogspot.com

Hope for the future! http://www.runobama.com

Posts: 3218 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
pob14
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pob14     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Any better title suggestions for a sequel?

"More Snakes on a Different Plane"
"Sons of Snakes on a Plane"
"Snakes, But Not on a Plane This Time"
"Samuel L. Jackson on a Plane, And Also Some Snakes"
"Chihuahuas on a Plane": This time, it's personal!
" 'I will strike down on thee with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee' . . . on a Plane!"

--------------------
Patrick

Posts: 576 | From: Illinois | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
GenYus
Away in a Manager's Special

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenYus   E-mail GenYus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
They could do Spiders on a Plane.

--------------------
IIRC, it wasn't the shoe bomber's loud prayers that sparked the takedown by the other passengers; it was that he was trying to light his shoe on fire. Very, very different. Canuckistan

Posts: 3694 | From: Arizona | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
guruwan2b

Icon 1 posted      Profile for guruwan2b   Author's Homepage   E-mail guruwan2b   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Snakes on a Plane with Vengeance?
Return of Snakes on a Plane?

guru "please, not the spiders - shudders" wan2b

--------------------
Too much of this navel gazing and we'll disappear up our own arses.
Danvers Carew

Posts: 7465 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ThistleSoftware
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThistleSoftware     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Is the title of the article giving anyone else the apostrophe misuse heebie jeebies?

--------------------
Officially Heartless

Posts: 3065 | From: The Montgomery County of the West Coast- Berkeley, CA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DemonWolf

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DemonWolf     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by guruwan2b:
Snakes on a Plane with Vengeance?
Return of Snakes on a Plane?

guru "please, not the spiders - shudders" wan2b

Spiders... the spiders... they want me to tap-dance. And I don't want to tap-dance!

Demon "Why spiders? Why couldn't it be "butterflies on a plane?" Wolf

--------------------
Friends are like skittles: they come in many colors, and some are fruity!

IMJW-052804

Posts: 7224 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
pob14
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pob14     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ThistleS:
Is the title of the article giving anyone else the apostrophe misuse heebie jeebies?

It's not an apostrophe. It's a very, very small snake.
ETA: And the superfluous "S" is its hiss.

--------------------
Patrick

Posts: 576 | From: Illinois | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TwoGuyswithaHat
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwoGuyswithaHat   E-mail TwoGuyswithaHat   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Snakes on a Plane 2: The Snakes Strike Back

Snakes on a Plane 2. Not a very good title, but it's set in the year 2015.

Snakes on a Plane: Dead Man's Chest

Snakes on a Plane 2: European Vacation

--------------------
In politics, absurdity is not a handicap - Napoleon Bonaparte

Posts: 1801 | From: The Forest City, Ontario | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Wicked Tinkerbell
Hock Harold Angel's Bling

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Wicked Tinkerbell   E-mail Wicked Tinkerbell   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Snakes on a Plane 2: the Wrath of Samuel L. Jackson

--------------------
"I'm not Irish, I'm Celtic. The difference? Celts cut off your head and put it on their door lintel." --Aimee Evilpixie
"People are bastard-covered bastards with bastard filling."--Scrubs

Posts: 269 | From: Oregon | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
1958Fury
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1958Fury   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Snakes on a Plane 2: Electric Boogaloo

--------------------
I believe I'm growing skeptical of cynicism.
Myspace NWN Board

Posts: 917 | From: Nashville TN | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
VersesBatman
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VersesBatman     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Snakes on a Plane 2: The Last Stand

Snakes on a Plane 2: The Rise of the Snakes

--------------------
It's like they took a bunch of movies, put them in a blender and turned it on really fast!-Mystery Science Theater 3000

Posts: 2603 | From: Magna, Utah | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tequila Mockingbird
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tequila Mockingbird   Author's Homepage   E-mail Tequila Mockingbird   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Why not a documentary "The Real Snakes on a Plane".

Just 2 hours of watching snakes wriggle about and seing how they cope with take-off and landing. It would be funny to watch them try to open a boiled sweet to avoid the effects of the changing pressure [Razz]

Failing that, I like 1958Fury's suggestion. It has attitude, it has sass... and it rhymes. What more do you need from a film title?

--------------------
I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face."
I said, "You'll be sorry."
He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?"
I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well"

Posts: 49 | From: Teesside, UK | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TwoGuyswithaHat
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwoGuyswithaHat   E-mail TwoGuyswithaHat   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tequila Mockingbird:
Why not a documentary "The Real Snakes on a Plane".

Just 2 hours of watching snakes wriggle about and seing how they cope with take-off and landing. It would be funny to watch them try to open a boiled sweet to avoid the effects of the changing pressure [Razz]

Failing that, I like 1958Fury's suggestion. It has attitude, it has sass... and it rhymes. What more do you need from a film title?

I second that suggest from 1958Fury. Any reference to the electric boogaloo is gold.

As an aside, what is a boiled sweet? Is that like a hard candy?

--------------------
In politics, absurdity is not a handicap - Napoleon Bonaparte

Posts: 1801 | From: The Forest City, Ontario | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tequila Mockingbird
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tequila Mockingbird   Author's Homepage   E-mail Tequila Mockingbird   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You are correct, it is indeed a hard candy.

I don't know why they don't give them out on planes anymore... well, any plane that I've been on recently. They definately help with the ear-popping thingy [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face."
I said, "You'll be sorry."
He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?"
I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well"

Posts: 49 | From: Teesside, UK | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Midgard_Dragon

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Midgard_Dragon   E-mail Midgard_Dragon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Echinodermata Q. Taft:
Considering that the first film kinda tanked at the box office, not sure this will go ahead.

Not exactly true - http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=snakesonaplane.htm

True, it did have a lousy opening weekend, but it's up to 45 million, a nearly 15 million dollar profit since it only cost 31 million to make. And it made back it's budget in the domestic market. Strictly speaking, while it wasn't a Summer blockbuster, it was a success, both finanacially, and IMO, as a film.

ETA - And as of yesterday it's still in over 2,000 theatres, not counting foreign markets. Admittedly it's doing lackluster at this point, although counting the foreign market it could still make it to double it's budget (which is what people say a movie is supposed to do in order to make any real kind of profit after marketing - although that is probably not true for SOAP, as the internet marketed this movie on it's own.)

--------------------
Midgard Dragon
-==UDIC==-
MidgardDragon's MySpace

Posts: 2455 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Wild Card
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wild Card     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mr. Jackson's gone mad with power! Someone stop him!

--------------------
"It's a perfect system...unless it screws up." -Biology Professor

Posts: 495 | From: Orange County, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Midgard_Dragon

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Midgard_Dragon   E-mail Midgard_Dragon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Man, after reading the entire article, it's obvious that Samuel L. Jackson is the one and only reason that we got the gory, sleazy, fun camp-fest that we were promised.

--------------------
Midgard Dragon
-==UDIC==-
MidgardDragon's MySpace

Posts: 2455 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DesertRat

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DesertRat     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Snakes on a Plane... Ate My Balls

--------------------
High on the wind, the Highland drums begin to roll, and something from the past just comes and stares into my soul... --Mark Knopfler

Posts: 3402 | From: New Bern, NC | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dogwater
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogwater   E-mail Dogwater   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, I for one have had enough of these Mother-NFBSKin' movies in my Mother-NFBSKin' brain!

--------------------
As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Posts: 1679 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 301 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I think the obvious sequel would be Snakes at the Gate (Stand-By for Terror!).

- snopes

candycane from strangers
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candycane from strangers   Author's Homepage   E-mail candycane from strangers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 1958Fury:
Snakes on a Plane 2: Electric Boogaloo

Damn, you beat me to it! I was about to post that since I follow the Breakin'/Die Hard rules of sequel naming. Therefore my only suggestion is "Snakes on a Plane 2: Snakes Harder" ...not as good [Frown]

--------------------
Me: "He's 19? Uh oh, I bought him a beer."
A: "You contributed to the deliquency of a minor in drag!"
"Sweet spell check: keeping drunks off the radar since 1995."- IND
God Re-Animate Green Pork Bush

Posts: 3986 | From: Illinois, jealous? | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rebochan the Retail Reindeer
Good King Wal-Mart

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rebochan the Retail Reindeer   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Throw in a new critter and you get...

Snakes on a Plane 2: Spiders and Snakes

Of course, Jim Stafford has to appear.

--------------------
"One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes

"Vote Republican! We won't burn you at the stake for your religious beliefs or slaughter your family and steal your land." -- Ramblin' Dave

Posts: 3555 | From: Florida | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Midgard_Dragon

Bleh, a SOAP sequel must not have a colon in the name. >_<

I vote for a simple switch of vehicle with the same critters. So, Snakes on a Boat is born. The obvious choice, IMO. And with SOAP, the obvious choice is best. ^^

--------------------
Midgard Dragon
-==UDIC==-
MidgardDragon's MySpace

Echinodermata Q. Taft

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Echinodermata Q. Taft   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I was about to say what Midgard Dragon said. And future sequels would be simple enough: Snakes on a Train, Snakes on a Bus (when the budget gets really tight), Snakes on a Spaceship (for the sci-fi touch, when the budget goes back up), perhaps a period piece called Snakes on a Zeppelin (the real reason the Hindenburg caught on fire...), a family comedy called Snakes in a Motor Home, a cold-war thriller called Snakes in a Submarine (or the WWII version, Snakes in a U-Boat -- hmmm, might be tricky to work Samuel L. Jackson into that one....), Snakes on a Stagecoach (a western)....the possibilities are staggering.

--------------------
http://eqtaft.blogspot.com

Hope for the future! http://www.runobama.com

Posts: 3218 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dropbear
Angels from the Realms so Glurgy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dropbear     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Midgard_Dragon
... a SOAP sequel must not have a colon in the name

I don't know "Snakes in a Colon" sounds scary to me. The plot could centre around an attempt to get at a famous surgeon by putting poisonous snakes up a patient's rectum.

Dropbear

--------------------
" The villagers had said justice had been done, and she'd lost patience and told them to go home, then, and pray to whatever gods they believed in that it was never done to them. -- (Terry Pratchett)

Posts: 823 | From: Hobart, Tasmania | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Wild Card
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wild Card     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Snakes on MotherNFBSKing Air Force One!

(Stolen from here(NFBSK))

--------------------
"It's a perfect system...unless it screws up." -Biology Professor

Posts: 495 | From: Orange County, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Radical Dory
God Rest Ye Merry Retail Clerks

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Radical Dory   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
What about a film from the snakes' point of view? You know, The True Story of Snakes on a Plane?

"So here I am, minding my own business, looking for female snakes, and there are all these friggin' humans on the plane. Then I see Samuel L. Jackson and I know I am doomed."

--------------------
"But about the reindeer...what kind of a nose shines? How did he get it? Maybe it's not a reindeer after all. It could be something else."

Posts: 2216 | From: Winston-Salem, NC | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
1958Fury
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1958Fury   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by candy from strangers:
Therefore my only suggestion is "Snakes on a Plane 2: Snakes Harder" ...not as good [Frown]

No, but it would be an excellent title for a porno version. [Smile]

How about "Planes on a Snake"?

--------------------
I believe I'm growing skeptical of cynicism.
Myspace NWN Board

Posts: 917 | From: Nashville TN | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cervus

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cervus   E-mail Cervus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"Snakes in Space"

Or, going for the "documentary" angle, we have "Snakes on a Plane: Behind the Venom".

--------------------
"There is no constitutional right to sleep with endangered reptiles." -- Carl Hiaasen
Won't somebody please think of the adults!

Posts: 8254 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
VersesBatman

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VersesBatman     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"Snakes on a Eurotrip" - Teens go on a trip to Europe. Snakes tag along and wackiness insues.

--------------------
It's like they took a bunch of movies, put them in a blender and turned it on really fast!-Mystery Science Theater 3000

Posts: 2603 | From: Magna, Utah | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
First of Two
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for First of Two   Author's Homepage   E-mail First of Two   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Snakes on a Train
Snakes on David Blaine
Snakes with two Brains (with Steve Martin)
Snakes on a Blimp over the Superbowl
Snakes on the Muthaship
The Wrath of Snakes on a Plane

--------------------
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide." - Jerry Pournelle

Posts: 14567 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Midgard_Dragon

quote:
Snakes on a Train
Already been done, as a straight-to-DVD ripoff just before SOAP was released.

--------------------
Midgard Dragon
-==UDIC==-
MidgardDragon's MySpace

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages