snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Amusement Bark » You know you've watched too much...when... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: You know you've watched too much...when...
Adelaide
Remembrances of Things Bass

Icon 601 posted      Profile for Adelaide   E-mail Adelaide   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You know you've watched too much Bravo T.V. when you're 3 1/2 year old says "Mom, you look fabulous," and "One day you're in, next day you're out."

How about anyone else? Fill in the blanks with your examples of signs you're watching too much of something?

--------------------
Natural selection is a beguiling counterfeiter of deliberate purpose. - Richard Dawkins

Posts: 620 | From: Alaska | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
jessboo
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jessboo     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmm- I think our Bravo channel is very different to yours!

--------------------
Join me on Lost - www.lost.eu/edcf

Do you have any wine? All of this would go a lot smoother in an altered state of reality.

Posts: 779 | From: Southampton, England | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
What's your Bravo channel like?

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lonely Mountain
Jingle All the Layaway

Icon 19 posted      Profile for Lonely Mountain   E-mail Lonely Mountain   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I know I have watched too much...

...Firefly because I now swear in Chinese.

...ER because I usually know what's wrong with people on the show just by their symptoms.

..Family Guy because I quote Stewie in most of my emails.

Stop mocking me!!! [Smile]

--------------------
"Tis too much proved that with devotion's visage and pious action we do sugar o'er the devil himself." - Hamlet

Posts: 344 | From: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
unklesamta
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unklesamta   E-mail unklesamta   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Jeopardy, when my one and a half year old son runs in from the other room when he hears the music and applause cue for a daily double...he really likes to clap along with the daily double.

Edit: Can't spell.

--------------------
The less you know, the more you believe. -Bono

Posts: 457 | From: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LikeHeyScoob
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LikeHeyScoob   E-mail LikeHeyScoob   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
MTV...when my six-year old walked by a rusty old truck at the county fair 2 weeks ago and said "Wow, that truck needs 'Pimp my Ride', Dad!"

--------------------
Support you local community newspaper! CNN.com probably won't be covering your child's spelling bee.

Posts: 609 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
guruwan2b
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for guruwan2b   Author's Homepage   E-mail guruwan2b   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You know you watch too much NASCAR when your 11 year old weaves the golf cart to warm up the tires....

--------------------
Too much of this navel gazing and we'll disappear up our own arses.
Danvers Carew

Posts: 7465 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Aud
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aud   E-mail Aud   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've been watching too much of
The Closer when I start ordering people
around with a little bit of a drawl. It's
not nearly as charming coming from me even
though I said "please".

Buffy - My conversations are littered with
phrases from the show. Most people are not
so Buffy-literate anymore but my hubby will
laugh appropriately.

Posts: 1168 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
unklesamta
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unklesamta   E-mail unklesamta   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lainie:

I believe this is the Bravo channel to which the OP refers.

http://www.bravotv.com/

--------------------
The less you know, the more you believe. -Bono

Posts: 457 | From: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Towknie
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Towknie   E-mail Towknie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The Boondocks -- 5yo DD "Daddy, the Boondocks are always angry."

American Idol -- 5yo DD "Daddy, talk like a rock star again!"

The Simpsons -- 5yo DD "D'ohhhh!"

Baseball --5yo DD "Daddy, that ump needs to be sent to the minors. Clearly that was a balk."

Ok, so I lied on the last one.

--------------------
Towknie: Ryda-certified as wonderful, enlighted, and rational.

Posts: 1011 | From: Frisco, TX | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Scuttler
Ron Mexico

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scuttler         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by unklesam:
quote:

And this is probably the Bravo channel that jessboo was thinking of.

http://www.bravo.co.uk/

Bravo in the UK is pretty much the televisual equivalent of a "lad's mag" i.e. cars, gadgets, t&a [Wink] .

Posts: 19 | From: Edinburgh, Scotland | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay Temple
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Temple     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Quantum Leap ... you pass a mirror and have to stop to see who you are.

24 ... you take your wife to the ER at 5 in the morning, and you picture the clock ticking, "4:59:57 ... 4:59:58 ... 4:59:59."

--------------------
"Well, it looks we're on our own ... again."--Rev. Lovejoy

Posts: 3572 | From: St. Louis, MO | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ms Congeniality
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ms Congeniality   E-mail Ms Congeniality   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Battlestar Galactica -- Everyone in the house says "FRACK!"

--------------------
Queen of Confusion

Posts: 311 | From: Miami, FL | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
serarose
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for serarose   E-mail serarose   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You know you've watched too much Invader Zim when....

you scare your boyfriend by making him watch it, quoting lines before they're said and cackling at it's brilliance: "Honey can you ever beleive this was on Nickelodeon??" [lol]

Sera" Can I be a mongoose dog? "rose

--------------------
The important thing is not to stop questioning- Einstein

Posts: 290 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Elkhound
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elkhound         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Too much Harry Potter when you see a bunch of red-headed kids and think "The Weasleys!"

--------------------
"The bicycle is the most civilized conveyance known to man. Other forms of transport grow daily more nightmarish. Only the bicycle remains pure in heart."--Iris Murdoch

Posts: 3307 | From: Charleston, WV | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Adelaide
Remembrances of Things Bass

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adelaide   E-mail Adelaide   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Scuttler:
quote:
Originally posted by unklesam:
quote:

And this is probably the Bravo channel that jessboo was thinking of.

http://www.bravo.co.uk/

Bravo in the UK is pretty much the televisual equivalent of a "lad's mag" i.e. cars, gadgets, t&a [Wink] .

[Embarrassed] Yeah, definitely the one unklesam linked to. I'm not sure where the "fabulous" part came from, because we don't catch much "Queer Eye", but the "one day you're in..." is from Project Runway.

--------------------
Natural selection is a beguiling counterfeiter of deliberate purpose. - Richard Dawkins

Posts: 620 | From: Alaska | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
A Guy Named Goo
Carol of the Bills

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A Guy Named Goo   Author's Homepage   E-mail A Guy Named Goo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You know you're watching too much House, M.D. when you dream about Vicodin. To be fair, I was seriously in pain when that happened. But I'm allergic to Vicodin and against narcotic painkillers (for me, not in general. My mother's a pillpopper and I don't want to go her route), so seriously, what gives?

--------------------
“I really feel like this is part of my life's work....It's part of what I want to do with my time here....So if I can make a difference at all by talking openly about myself, I'm glad.” - Anthony Rapp, Without You, pp. 206-207

Posts: 592 | From: Kenduskeag, ME | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop
Once in Royal Circuit City

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Author's Homepage   E-mail Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ms. Congeniality:

Same thing could be said for Farscape and "Frell".

Or Firefly and "Gorram". And yes, I've caught myself using both. Which is odd because I almost never swear in 21st Century English.

Nonny "Those shows are some really shiny dren!" Mouse

--------------------
When there isn't anything else worth analyzing, we examine our collective navel. I found thirty-six cents in change in mine the other day. Let no one say that there is no profit in philosophy. -- Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 10141 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Griffin at the Maul
Joyeux New Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Griffin at the Maul     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Adelaide:
[QUOTE] Yeah, definitely the one unklesam linked to. I'm not sure where the "fabulous" part came from, because we don't catch much "Queer Eye", but the "one day you're in..." is from Project Runway.

Does this particular item scare anyone but me?
Vanilla in Concert

Griffin "ice, ice, baby" Roll

--------------------
Where are we going, and why are we in this handbasket?

Posts: 782 | From: Arlington, TX | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Elsie
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elsie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Too much TV in general because I currently have the series premiere dates for all my favorite shows in my PDA.

--------------------
I'm an excellent speller, but a lousy typist.
"Just so you know, the words 'just' and 'cramps' - they don't go together." - Ginger Snaps

Posts: 323 | From: Chandler, AZ | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Neffti Noel
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neffti Noel     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You know you've watched too much Supernanny when your child misbehaves and you find yourself "dropping down to their level", fixing your face into steel and hissing "This level of chaoticness is un-ass-eptable behaviour."

You know you've watched too much Simpsons when your child misbehaves and you are so knackered that all you can manage is a Marge-style "Hnnngh?!"

Posts: 1157 | From: Westcountry UK "It's Bootiful" | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Oceanic Aura
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Oceanic Aura   Author's Homepage   E-mail Oceanic Aura   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Udonny Mouse:
quote:

Same thing could be said for Farscape and "Frell".

Or Firefly and "Gorram". And yes, I've caught myself using both. Which is odd because I almost never swear in 21st Century English.

Nonny "Those shows are some really shiny dren!" Mouse

All of which are pale and wan compared to the glowing light that was Red Dwarf and "Smeg!" Great fun till I learned what smegma was, and all the more amusing thereafter.

Aura

--------------------
"Are we talking misdemeanor trouble or squeal like a pig trouble?"

Posts: 618 | From: Ann Arbor, Michigan | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
SkyeTisTheSeasonWynters
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SkyeTisTheSeasonWynters     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Simpsons - I've taken on Marge's angry grumble LOL

HEX (Brit Series) - Whenever I can't find something, I always wonder if there is a lesbian ghost somewhere in the vacinity ("Thelma?") [lol]

Shop at Home networks: because I know most of them by name [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Peter: You better watch who you're calling a child Lois, because if I'm a child, that makes you a pedophile, and I'll be damned if I'm going to stand here and be lectured by a pervert

Posts: 354 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
jessboo
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jessboo     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Neffti Neta:
You know you've watched too much Supernanny when your child misbehaves and you find yourself "dropping down to their level", fixing your face into steel and hissing "This level of chaoticness is un-ass-eptable behaviour."

unasseptable, [lol]

--------------------
Join me on Lost - www.lost.eu/edcf

Do you have any wine? All of this would go a lot smoother in an altered state of reality.

Posts: 779 | From: Southampton, England | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Troberg
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troberg     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
All of which are pale and wan compared to the glowing light that was Red Dwarf and "Smeg!" Great fun till I learned what smegma was, and all the more amusing thereafter.
Which also spawned what might be the greatest line of any TV show ever, delivered by Kryten in his calm butler voice:

"I have to get out the smeghammer and loosen mister Lister's underpants."

--------------------
/Troberg

Posts: 4360 | From: Borlänge, Sweden | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
SantasHobbit
Frosty the Salesman

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SantasHobbit     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You know when you've been watching too much Father Ted when your 8yo and 2yo proudly start shouting "Feck! Arse! Girls! Drink!" in the queue at the Post Office.

--------------------
Angsty little hobbitssssses

Posts: 336 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
VersesBatman
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VersesBatman     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I know when I watched too much Simpsons when I eat something and go, "Mmmmmm ______"

When something amusing happens and I go, "Ha! Ha!"

--------------------
It's like they took a bunch of movies, put them in a blender and turned it on really fast!-Mystery Science Theater 3000

Posts: 2603 | From: Magna, Utah | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tequila Mockingbird
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tequila Mockingbird   Author's Homepage   E-mail Tequila Mockingbird   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You know you've watched too much Father Ted when you grab the mic on Karaoke night and sing 'My Lovely Horse' with your best friend (including the 'hang on I can get this bit' and fake guitar noise/ actions).

We did get a sympathy clap though.

--------------------
I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face."
I said, "You'll be sorry."
He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?"
I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well"

Posts: 49 | From: Teesside, UK | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jenn
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenn   E-mail Jenn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You know you've watched too much Babylon 5 when you've barely gotten any sleep because you're so completely consumed with thoughts of what's going to happen, who's going to die (and how! and when!), and what it all means.

Or perhaps I just haven't watched enough yet...but 6 episodes a day is all my poor little brain can handle.

--------------------
"You're the opposite of troll. It's a compliment!"

Posts: 12086 | From: Alberta | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
queen of the bah-caramels
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 97 posted      Profile for queen of the bah-caramels   E-mail queen of the bah-caramels   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SatansHobbit:
You know when you've been watching too much Father Ted when your 8yo and 2yo proudly start shouting "Feck! Arse! Girls! Drink!" in the queue at the Post Office.

Could I have my 2 DDs back please? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Focus On The Family- An opinion group who think more about Gay Sex than gay people do- Rick Mercer

Posts: 590 | From: Rawdon, Quebec | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Christie
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You know you've watched too much Coronation Street when you call everyone "love" and insult people by calling them a "big girl's blouse" and when moved to anger say "flaming nora". I get a lot of odd looks.

--------------------
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. - Jean Kerr

Posts: 18428 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pixiechic
Here We Come A-Mall Crawling

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixiechic   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pixiechic   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Too much Law & Order when your 6 year old and 2 year old hum the theme along with the show. Oh yeah they also sing the theme to Another World (a soap no longer on the air except the old episodes on SoapNet and the theme they are singing is from the late 80's early 90's).
American Idol when your 6 year old keeps asking when Clay or Bo are going to be on.
Enterprise when the theme comes on and your 2 and 6 year old2 run into the room to sing and dance to it.
*thinks*
Oh yeah and E.R. for the same theme reasons. We also say "Frack" in this house some and I still say "Smeg" upon occasion. Of course if anyone says "I did it" in this house Dora the Exploerer music is sung. We also know just about every song from The Backyardigans.

Hmmm, maybe there's too much tv watching in my house. [lol]

Pixie "I love the boob tube" chic

--------------------
Pixiechic's MySpace page
Our Homepage

Posts: 381 | From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
queen of the bah-caramels
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 97 posted      Profile for queen of the bah-caramels   E-mail queen of the bah-caramels   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pixiechic:
[ Of ourse if anyone says "I did it" in this house Dora the Exploerer music is sung. We also know just about every song from The Backyardigans.

Hmmm, maybe there's too much tv watching in my house. [lol]

Pixie "I love the boob tube" chic [/QB]

So you have my DDs. KKEEEEEEP THEM .

DO NOT GIVE THEN BACK [Big Grin]

--------------------
Focus On The Family- An opinion group who think more about Gay Sex than gay people do- Rick Mercer

Posts: 590 | From: Rawdon, Quebec | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DAnnino
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DAnnino     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

[lol]

--------------------
NO BETTER FRIEND, NO WORSE ENEMY
--
"I grok when apes learn to laugh, they'll be people."

Posts: 727 | From: Southeastern Arizona | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Malruhn
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Malruhn   E-mail Malruhn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Too many home improvement shows with the kidlets...

When my four-year-old sees a Home Depot sign and says, "You can build it, we can help"...

And when the car pulls up to a stop - and my two eldest and I discuss what would go into renovating the nearest crap-house. [lol]

--------------------
Opinions aren't excuses to remain ignorant about subjects, nor are they excuses to never examine one's beliefs & prejudices...

Babies are like tattoos. You see other peoples' & they're cool, but yours is never as good & you can't get rid of it.

Posts: 5622 | From: Jax, Florida | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages