snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Amusement Bark » House (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: House
Communication Attempt
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Communication Attempt   E-mail Communication Attempt       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have recently become addicted to the hospital drama show House.I just love how a complete jerk is in charge on saving people.

However one thing I find very strange is seeing doctors playing CSI going into people's houses looking for toxic products or infection elements.Also I would love to live in a world where a hospital can afford to put 4 doctors on your case

--------------------
"I love God,he's so deliciously evil!" -Stewie,Family Guy

The fun thing about standards is that they come in so many varieties.

Posts: 510 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Randa Roo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Randa Roo   E-mail Randa Roo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I am watching it right now! I love my TiVo! I started watching it right after it came out, and I got hooked immediately. It's a great show. He is a total jerk, but that's just who he is.

I would love to live in a world where I could afford to have four doctors on my case. I'd be stuck at County General, in the charity wing. [Big Grin]

--------------------
'I'm the decider... I decide what's best.'

Posts: 403 | From: Branson, Missouri | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
mgbdriver
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mgbdriver     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It's on right now; why are you on the computer?
Just picked up the Season 1 DVD on sale.

--------------------
"Chuck E. Cheese called. They want their band back."

my blog
Help me clean my basement!

Posts: 2717 | From: Michigan | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brad from Georgia
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brad from Georgia   Author's Homepage   E-mail Brad from Georgia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Meh, I prefer Jeeves and Wooster.

Brad "By gadfrey, Jeeves, I do believe you have a bally old case of hydrophobia!" from Georgia

--------------------
"No hard feelin's and HOPpy New Year!"--Walt Kelly
Hear what you're missing: ARTC podcasts! http://artcpodcast.org/

Posts: 7581 | From: Gainesville, Georgia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
trollface
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trollface   Author's Homepage   E-mail trollface   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I love it, although it's on at the same time as two other things, both of which I prefer, so I'm not getting to watch it or tape it at the moment.

--------------------
seriously , everyone on here , just trys to give someone crap about something they do !! , its shitting me to tears.

Posts: 16061 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mosherette
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mosherette     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I like what I've seen, but I just can't get over a dear sweet thing like Lieutenant George with a gruff American accent.

--------------------
Silence should never under any circumstances be construed as agreement. A lot of the time, it's simply a reflection that someone just said something so stupid that no response could possibly do it justice. - Ramblin' Dave

Posts: 8528 | From: Nottingham, England | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
STF
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for STF   Author's Homepage   E-mail STF   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I bought season one on DVD so I could get caught up. I didn't see all of that season, but it is now appointment television for me. I told my wife that I don't like House in spite of him being a jerk I like him because he is a jerk. Also notice the sig.

--------------------
STF on MySpace

Posts: 5186 | From: Coweta County, GA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tarquin Farquart
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tarquin Farquart   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mosherette:
I like what I've seen, but I just can't get over a dear sweet thing like Lieutenant George with a gruff American accent.

There was one episode where he 'put on' (i.e. used his actual voice) an English accent.

That was confusing!

--------------------
I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen and incessant quotations from "Now We Are Six" through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head. So there!

Posts: 802 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cold DecEmbra Brings The Sleet
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cold DecEmbra Brings The Sleet   E-mail Cold DecEmbra Brings The Sleet   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I was watching a repeat of Comedy Connections on telly last night, covering A Bit of Fry and Laurie. I was reminded that the show ran for 9 years (not to mention how much I love Hugh Laurie).

Fry and Laurie both spoke about being approached initially to do Jeeves and Wooster and refusing on the grounds that it would be impossible to translate such a great stylist as Wodehouse to the screen without bollocking it up. The producers said they would take the project elsewhere, which prompted the pair to change their position, on the grounds that if anyone was going to be allowed to bollocks up the world of Jeeves and Wooster, it would be them. God knows who the next double-act on the producers' list was!

--------------------
I want you to lay down your life, Perkins. We need a futile gesture at this stage. It will raise the whole tone of the war.

Posts: 4495 | From: Surrey, UK | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
STF

Icon 1 posted      Profile for STF   Author's Homepage   E-mail STF   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I also just realized last week that it was Hugh Laurie who played "The Gentleman on the Plane" in an episode of Friends. That guy cracked me up when I first saw that episode and then I realized years later that it was Hugh Laurie because I had never seen him until House.

http://imdb.com/name/nm0491402/

*possible spoilers if you didn't watch Friends and are working through the dvds or something*

He was sitting next to Rachel on her flight to England. She was going to tell Ross that she loved him on his wedding day.

--------------------
STF on MySpace

Posts: 5186 | From: Coweta County, GA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
CSGirl
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CSGirl   E-mail CSGirl   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I lurrrrrve House. I have the whole series on my ipod right now. (DVD recorder for Season 2).

(Note my sig line also btw).

Season 3 starts on September 5. If anyone likes spoilers (I do!) the TwoP page ***Spoilers if you click this link Spoilers if you click this link**here has all of them so far including pictures from the first episode.

Related question I've been meaning to ask- are we allowed to talk about fanfic on here? If we are I have a lot of good fanfic links too.

--------------------
My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.
Dr. Wilson: Beauty often seduces us on the road to truth.
Dr. Gregory House: And triteness kicks us in the nads.
-House MD

Posts: 114 | From: Glastonbury, CT / Houghton, NY | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ULTRAGLORIA
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ULTRAGLORIA     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I tried to watch House. I rented part of season 1 from Netflix.

But I just couldn't take it. I liked the premise of investigating obscure diseases.

I could suspend my disbelief at having four doctors sitting around doing nothing until an obscure disease presented itself.

I like the characters they put together. And I've liked Hugh Laurie since Blackadder.

But I couldn't suspend my disbeleif at the way they hit-and-missed. Diagnisis can be hit-and-miss, of course. But usually a doctor doesn't flat out TELL a patient "you've got MS" on so little evidence. Or do dangerous treatments on little evidence. And I couldn't get past that.

I thought it might just be a kink in the first few episodes, so I watched some from this season. Nope. Same jumping to conclusions and devestating patients/risking their lives needlessly. So no more House for me.

I had the same problem with NCIS. I liked the plots. I liked the characters. Except for Tony. I couldn't stand him. His behavior, and the way Kate put up with it, ruined the entire show for me. I even watched a few episodes with the new agent, but Tony was still such a dick that I finally gave up.

--------------------
A Lie can run around the world before the Truth can get its boots on. - Terry Pratchett

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions; but everyone is not entitled to their own facts. - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Posts: 2495 | From: Connecticut | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ULTRAGOTHA:
I had the same problem with NCIS. I liked the plots. I liked the characters. Except for Tony. I couldn't stand him. His behavior, and the way Kate put up with it, ruined the entire show for me. I even watched a few episodes with the new agent, but Tony was still such a dick that I finally gave up.

They should have killed Tony.

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ULTRAGLORIA
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ULTRAGLORIA     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
LOL! Yes. But the actor who plays Tony didn't want off the show, and the actor who played Kate did.

Alas.

On the one episode on House where they broke into the lady's house to find she eats ham, I wondered why the heck they just didn't ASK her for permission and her key? Why? It just seemed so contrived.

--------------------
A Lie can run around the world before the Truth can get its boots on. - Terry Pratchett

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions; but everyone is not entitled to their own facts. - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Posts: 2495 | From: Connecticut | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
evilbeard
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for evilbeard   E-mail evilbeard   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My favorite thing about House is Dr. Wilson.

Because I'll be watching, and I'll go, "he was the guy who wanted to be an actor in Dead Poets Society!"

or " My Best Friend is a Vampire! that was him!"

--------------------
rex linum occisor et erronis

But Jimmy has fancy plans... and pants to match. The monkey clown horrible karate round and yummy like cute small baby chick would beat the donkey."

Posts: 1022 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Seaboe Muffinchucker

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Seaboe Muffinchucker     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by evilbeard:

Because I'll be watching, and I'll go, "he was the guy who wanted to be an actor in Dead Poets Society!"

I always think of him as the shy young lover in Much Ado About Nothing.

Seaboe

--------------------
Education is not the filling of a hard drive, but the lighting of a bulb. -- Yeats via Esprise Me

Posts: 5562 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NeeCD
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NeeCD   E-mail NeeCD       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ULTRAGOTHA:
On the one episode on House where they broke into the lady's house to find she eats ham, I wondered why the heck they just didn't ASK her for permission and her key? Why? It just seemed so contrived.

Well, of course they won't ask her, because Dr. House believes that all patients lie. They have to sneak around to find out for themselves, that's the only way they'll know the truth. [Razz]

--------------------
I wondered why the Frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK!" and other lingo mean?

Posts: 1720 | From: Stafford Hamlet, OR | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
jimmy101
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimmy101   E-mail jimmy101   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Communication Attempt:
I have recently become addicted to the hospital drama show House.I just love how a complete jerk is in charge on saving people.

However one thing I find very strange is seeing doctors playing CSI going into people's houses looking for toxic products or infection elements.Also I would love to live in a world where a hospital can afford to put 4 doctors on your case

Well MD's playing CSI's is no weirder than an MD doing his/her own lab tests or having an MD actually operating an MRI or other complicated machine. I would think that in the case of lab tests they are not qualified and/or certified to do the tests. In the case of a complex machine like an MRI or CAT scanner, they wouldn't have the necessary training on the instrument. In any case, the expert operators are technicians that (1) are much better trained at the test or instrument than an MD and (2) get paid much less than an MD.

It is just a little theatrical license. It is much more interesting to see Chase running the MRI then see him fill out a form requesting an MRI and putting it in inter-hospital mail.

edit: CSI's not CIS's

Posts: 629 | From: Greenwood, IN | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zorro
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zorro     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker:
quote:
Originally posted by evilbeard:

I always think of him as the shy young lover in Much Ado About Nothing.

Seaboe

I met him once, years ago. He's also a very nice guy. I have no idea if he's the same now or not, but when I met him, (right after Dead Poets Society came out) he was kind of quiet- quite the opposite of his character in DPS!

--------------------
"Seize the day! Make your lives extraordinary!"
-John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"

Posts: 2861 | From: New Jersey | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BlushingBride
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlushingBride     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I watched and adored the entire first season of House, but by curious circumstance, I never once saw the credits. But I just loved that fabulous actor who played House, and I knew I'd seen him before, but I just couldn't put my finger on it.

After almost a full year of loving the show, I read a little snippet about it in TV Guide, and saw "Blah blah blah House (Hugh Laurie) blah blah blah," and thought "Wow! What a coincidence! One of my favorite actors is called Hugh Laurie, and here's this House guy he's also called--" And then my brain finally clicked (or rather, slammed two pieces of information together with the force of two semi trucks colliding). I mean, I loved the man for Blackadder, Jeeves and Wooster, A Bit of Fry and Laurie... The part of House is such a not-Hugh Laurie role that my brain didn't even register that it was him, and when confronted with the evidence in print, attempted to deny it.

Great. Thanks guys. And now I'm having the same reaction for Wilson. "Wilson was the guy from Much Ado about Nothing??? WILSON??? That was WILSON???!! OMFG!!!11!"

--------------------
"In perfume, as in underwear, the scantiest of applications provides the greatest of returns." -Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 858 | From: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Gale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gale     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brad from Georgia:

Brad "By gadfrey, Jeeves, I do believe you have a bally old case of hydrophobia!" from Georgia

Ah, my dear old mangle wuzzle, you and me both.
Posts: 4811 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mistletoey Chloe

Icon 08 posted      Profile for Mistletoey Chloe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Embra:
God knows who the next double-act on the producers' list was!

Cannon and Ball? The Krankies?

--------------------
~~Ai am in mai prrrrrraime!~~

Posts: 10111 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Max_Renn
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Max_Renn   Author's Homepage   E-mail Max_Renn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
One of my favorite awards-show moments of all time was at last year's Emmys (or People's Choice, I forget), when Hugh Laurie and Zach Braff were presenting together. Laurie began the intro in his normal voice, Braff looked at him strangely, then said "I didn't know we were doing this with accents." before launching into an exaggerated British accent. I was dying.

Max "I can't do this all on my own" Renn

--------------------
Sister Ann: DRIVE! DRIVE
Crow T. Robot: Look, I'm already driving, there's no inherent quantity of driving that I can increase! If you want me to go faster, you should say so.

Posts: 579 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cold DecEmbra Brings The Sleet
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cold DecEmbra Brings The Sleet   E-mail Cold DecEmbra Brings The Sleet   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
The Krankies?
[lol]

"Good news! Aunt Agatha's not coming to stay for the week!"
"Bad news! She's coming for a month!"

--------------------
I want you to lay down your life, Perkins. We need a futile gesture at this stage. It will raise the whole tone of the war.

Posts: 4495 | From: Surrey, UK | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mistletoey Chloe

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mistletoey Chloe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"Fandabbydozie, sir."

--------------------
~~Ai am in mai prrrrrraime!~~

Posts: 10111 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AliBaba
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 200 posted      Profile for AliBaba   E-mail AliBaba   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
One of my favorite awards-show moments of all time was at last year's Emmys (or People's Choice, I forget), when Hugh Laurie and Zach Braff were presenting together. Laurie began the intro in his normal voice, Braff looked at him strangely, then said "I didn't know we were doing this with accents." before launching into an exaggerated British accent. I was dying.
Max_Renn, I saw that. Pants-wetter, wasn't it?

Okay, Brad and Gayle. At the recommendation of two people I love and respect, I have added the first couple of discs of Jeeves & Wooster to my Netflix queue. I'm looking forward to that. I also season 1 of "Fry & Laurie".

I've also become addicted to House, entirely because of Hugh Laurie.

Question: who would win in a fight between Perry Cox and Gregory House?

Don't really care, but I'd pay extra for a ringside seat.

Ali " is there a doctor in the House?" Baba

Posts: 3068 | From: Kensington, MD | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bug Muldoon
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bug Muldoon   E-mail Bug Muldoon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I saw the Dead Ringers parody first and thought it was too exaggerated to be true - that they were mocking Laurie's role in a US series by giving him a fake accent.

Then I saw the show. It's still horribly jarring to hear him talk that way.

Anyway, it's an entertaining program and House is quickly becoming one of my favourite fictional characters. The man plays with a DS, he can't be all bad [Razz]

--------------------
All along the untrodden paths of the future, I can see the footprints of an unseen hand.

Posts: 6912 | From: Flanders | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
faceless007
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faceless007   E-mail faceless007   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Max_Renn:

I love YouTube.

To clarify, I'd never heard of that moment, but when I read your post it occurred to me that everything else in the universe (except for SNL) is on YouTube, so I searched for it. And there it was. Man, that's cool.

Anyway, I randomly caught "House" a few months ago, and while I normally find all those forensic/medical/CSI/Cold Case/NCIS/Without a Trace/Criminal Minds/Numbers shows to be mind-numbingly banal, hackneyed and unrealistic, there was something refreshingly smart about this one. Not that it's realistic or true to life, but it does seem to me more sophisticated than those other shows. And my roomate, who's pre-med and applying to medical schools at the moment, says that the medicine on the show is largely accurate. (Obviously, things like the set design and doctors' behavior are not.)

Posts: 940 | From: California | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
JoFo
Joy to the world, the Wii has come.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoFo   E-mail JoFo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Count me in on the "addicted to House" bandwagon. It's genuinely interesting and suspenseful, while also throwing out several funny lines per show.

Jo "Yeah, I know, but Von Lieberman just sounds much more evil!" Fo

--------------------
I'm not paranoid, I'm just surrounded by enemies!

Posts: 420 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Freshman
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Freshman   Author's Homepage   E-mail Freshman   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
did anyone see his golden globes acception speech? priceless

--------------------
"High-Five!" - Borat

Posts: 1056 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Griffin at the Maul
Joyeux New Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Griffin at the Maul     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Entertainment Weekly interview, in reference to speaking with an USian accent:
quote:

"It's as if you're playing left-handed. Or like everyone else is playing with a tennis racket and you have a salmon. I moan about it a lot."

Linky

Edited 'cuz I forgot to close the URL.

--------------------
Where are we going, and why are we in this handbasket?

Posts: 782 | From: Arlington, TX | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
keepitlikeasecret
Make Me a Fire Love

Icon 216 posted      Profile for keepitlikeasecret     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I just began watching House 2 or 3 months ago, but I LOVE it. I don't know much about Hugh Laurie but my sister played a song he sang on Inside The Actor's Studio & it was brilliant. I'm towards the end of the most recent (second?) season. How can I access the first season without buying it?
Posts: 14 | From: Babylon, NY | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NeeCD
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NeeCD   E-mail NeeCD       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by keepitlikeasecret:
How can I access the first season without buying it?

The only way I know of is to catch reruns somehow, or to see if you can get it through your library. I don't know if they have things like this, but it's not completely unheard of.

--------------------
I wondered why the Frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK!" and other lingo mean?

Posts: 1720 | From: Stafford Hamlet, OR | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mosherette
Deck the Malls

Icon 506 posted      Profile for Mosherette     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Max_Renn:

I watched it on You Tube. It's not nearly as funny if you're actually British because whatever the other guy was doing, it wasn't any kind of accent from this country..>!

(Dammit!)

--------------------
Silence should never under any circumstances be construed as agreement. A lot of the time, it's simply a reflection that someone just said something so stupid that no response could possibly do it justice. - Ramblin' Dave

Posts: 8528 | From: Nottingham, England | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
chillas
Coventry Mall Carol

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chillas     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mosherette:
I watched it on You Tube. It's not nearly as funny if you're actually British because whatever the other guy was doing, it wasn't any kind of accent from this country..>!

(Dammit!)

Obviously, I'm not British, but the fact that the accent he did was so obviously not British (or really anything else for that matter) was what made it so funny for me. YMMV, of course.

--------------------
Come on, come on - spin a little tighter
Come on, come on - and the world's a little brighter

Posts: 5595 | From: Columbus, OH : The Soccer Capital of America | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages