snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Amusement Bark » samuel L called me to see snakes on a plane!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: samuel L called me to see snakes on a plane!
zerocool
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zerocool   E-mail zerocool   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ok... so its not as awesome as the title makes it sounds, but its the 2nd best thing in the muthaf&%^ing universe:

http://snakesonaplane.varitalk.com/

Send your friends customizable messages from samuel L Jackson. I've sent out about 30 of them, and I crack up every time. I already bought my rubber snakes and hopefully I can get to the theatre early enough the day before to get a ticket 2 fridays from now! w00t!

Posts: 336 | From: Currently: Jakarta Indonesia Australia Belgium Berkeley CA > Lima Peru< | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
vfwchick
Deck the Malls with Boughs of Money

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vfwchick     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That was hysterical!
Thanks!

vfw*not that I wanna see the movie, yuck*chick

--------------------
God bless our Troops!
If you can't stand behind our troops, please, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 380 | From: Ohio | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sylvanz
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sylvanz   E-mail Sylvanz   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm sending a phone call to my friend, but he can't say any variation of my name [Frown] Though he can say hers.

P&LL, Syl

--------------------
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire

Posts: 1944 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I now know what I am doing for the rest of the weekend!

--------------------
"When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty."--George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 19266 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Astra
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 87 posted      Profile for Astra     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
There's one set up here for "V for Vendetta" too. It's pretty cool, he leaves quite a speech on your phone or email.

--------------------
This has been yet another... USELESS POST.

Posts: 6105 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cervus
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cervus   E-mail Cervus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That's AWESOME!

Unfortunately he can't recognize any variation of my boyfriend's name or his nickname. I really want to see this movie but I know my BF will refuse because it's so stupid.

--------------------
"There is no constitutional right to sleep with endangered reptiles." -- Carl Hiaasen
Won't somebody please think of the adults!

Posts: 8254 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dogwater
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogwater   E-mail Dogwater   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
zerocool, from the bottom of my heart, I thank you. I do believe I'll spend several hours on that site!

--------------------
As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Posts: 1679 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Midgard_Dragon
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Midgard_Dragon   E-mail Midgard_Dragon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
What's with all the "this is stupid" SOAP haters coming out of the woodworks lately? Do you all not realize that this movie is meant to be a campfest fanservice no-plot action-thriller? And that the biggest reason the movie is popular is the hype? It's fun to just join in, and make fun of it in a "I love it!" kind of way. I think some people seem to be believing this movie is trying to be more than it is. (I've heard the term "high concept creature movie" thrown around, and comparisons to Anaconda. I don't think it looks like anything of the kind, it's a campfest that's supposed to be bad in a *good* way. Now let's just hope it delivers on that promise.)

--------------------
Midgard Dragon
-==UDIC==-
MidgardDragon's MySpace

Posts: 2455 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ParaDiddle

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ParaDiddle   E-mail ParaDiddle       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It's 11:22 in in the firehouse, everyone's asleep and I'm trying not to laugh out loud.

The only way to follow this up is with a sip of a tasty beverage.

- P

Posts: 1856 | From: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bach_girl
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bach_girl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
At least I now have something entertaining to do this weekend!

--------------------
"My Very Educated Mother Just Said Uh-oh! No...Pluto..."~ Steven Colbert

Posts: 3256 | From: Somewhere in Ohio | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spam & Cookies-mmm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spam & Cookies-mmm   E-mail Spam & Cookies-mmm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It can't pronounce "Debbie" or "Andy". How many names did they program into it anyway?

--------------------
Did you see the Announcement?
There's a new snopes message board!

Posts: 7767 | From: Paradise Ceded | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The Pikey Snow Queen
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Pikey Snow Queen   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Err, he couldn't say my name. I suppose 'Jane' is such an outlandish and difficult name to say.

--------------------
Brosandi. Hendumst hringi
Hldumst hendur
Allur heimurinn skr
Nema stendur

Posts: 694 | From: York, UK | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zorro
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zorro     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I sent one to hubby ,and giggled like crazy the entire time I was setting it up. Thanks for this!

--------------------
"Seize the day! Make your lives extraordinary!"
-John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"

Posts: 2861 | From: New Jersey | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
nurple
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nurple   Author's Homepage   E-mail nurple   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I just sent one to my husband at work, and he put in on speakerphone and everyone outside his office heard it. He said they were all laughing like crazy.

He said I made his day. Hee!

--------------------
"You better respect the Rap or the Rap won't respect you." Ledatru

Posts: 1141 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
candycane from strangers
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candycane from strangers   Author's Homepage   E-mail candycane from strangers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Both Samuel L. Jackson and V pause dramatically before saying my name [lol]

I'm sending them to all my friends, but unfortunately someone already sent one to the person I wanted to send it to worst! Lame. Oh well, it's still awesome.

Thanks for posting both of those!

--------------------
Me: "He's 19? Uh oh, I bought him a beer."
A: "You contributed to the deliquency of a minor in drag!"
"Sweet spell check: keeping drunks off the radar since 1995."- IND
God Re-Animate Green Pork Bush

Posts: 3986 | From: Illinois, jealous? | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Samuel can't say "Patty"... dangit.

But, I've sent about ten so far. [lol]

The first one was to my husband, because he's a huge Samuel fan. I had to call him in though, because he doesn't check his email unless I help. He laughed so hard he snorted. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dogwater
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogwater   E-mail Dogwater   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Say, what happened? I now can't get past the name enter screen? Anyone else have this problem?

--------------------

Posts: 1679 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
zerocool
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zerocool   E-mail zerocool   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=entertainment&id=4432735

August 4, 2006 - The latest PR gimmick for "Snakes on a Plane" suffered an online crash landing.
The promotion let fans sign up on a website for a pre-recorded call from the film's star, Samuel L. Jackson.

The plan was for users or anyone they signed up to get a personalized taped call from Jackson touting the movie in his own forceful way.

But the movie is so talked about online that when more than 100,000 messages were sent in the first 24 hours, things slithered to a crawl with a different taped message, "try again later."

The site is back up and running, to visit it just click here.

Posts: 336 | From: Currently: Jakarta Indonesia Australia Belgium Berkeley CA > Lima Peru< | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dogwater
Happy Holly Days

Thanks...again. This truly is the best thing that I'm doing this weekend!

--------------------

Spam & Cookies-mmm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spam & Cookies-mmm   E-mail Spam & Cookies-mmm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hey, thanks for posting that, Zerocool. Everyone I sent one of these called me back to say "that was awesome! How'd you do it?"

--------------------

Posts: 7767 | From: Paradise Ceded | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TransponderHut
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TransponderHut   E-mail TransponderHut   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I was so hyped up to see this movie and I probably still will see it, but not next Friday like I wanted because unfortunately my car has been acting up. [Frown]
I'll still make sure that I get to see this movie before it comes to DVD, but by the time I get to it, the hype will probably die down.

Posts: 47 | From: Maine | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
STF
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for STF   Author's Homepage   E-mail STF   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I just got Samuel L. Jackson to call my home phone for my wife. She'll get a kick out of it.

--------------------
STF on MySpace

Posts: 5186 | From: Coweta County, GA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
B Hamilton
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for B Hamilton   E-mail B Hamilton   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It can't say my name either (Bev) or my husband's name (Pat).

--------------------
"This is my family. I found it all on my own. It's little & broken but still good."

Posts: 1338 | From: Orlando | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spam & Cookies-mmm

I had to put in our full names instead of the shortened versions. My brother swears it said Andy, even though I had to type in Andrew.

--------------------

put it in writing
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for put it in writing   Author's Homepage   E-mail put it in writing       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ha, I got one of these from my sister yesterday and then spent an hour sending them to friends. Part of me was thinking, "but it's just spam," while the other part was insisting, "but, but it's Samuel L. Jackson! and he calls you!"

--------------------
and it's 1 - 2 - 3, what are we fighting for? don't ask me, I don't give a damn

Posts: 1319 | From: Florida | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
First of Two
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for First of Two   Author's Homepage   E-mail First of Two   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
They must have stopped. I cleek, nothing happens.

ETA: Or, maybe my primitive work computer sucks. Is it high-end flash or something?

--------------------
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide." - Jerry Pournelle

Posts: 14567 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It's still working.

--------------------
"When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty."--George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 19266 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Strawberries 'n Sugar
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Strawberries 'n Sugar   E-mail Strawberries 'n Sugar   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I was pleasantly surprised that they had my name (Julia) in it. It is a rare occurrence for it to be included in things like this. On the other hand, I tried to send one to my friend Mitch and it wasn't in there and neither was "Clark."

Strawberries 'n Sugar

--------------------
I made it!
-Me

Posts: 298 | From: Eau Claire, WI; formerly Bloomington, MN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lydia Oh Lydia

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lydia Oh Lydia   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Samuel L. J. can't say my name. [Frown]

--------------------
"My name is the symbol for my identity and must not be lost." Motto of the Lucy Stone League.

Posts: 1815 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages