snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Amusement Bark » Songs That Are The Definitive Example Of Their Genre (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Songs That Are The Definitive Example Of Their Genre
MisterGrey
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MisterGrey     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm going to have to put forth an argument and say that "I Ran" by Flock of Seagulls is THE 80 New Wave song.
Posts: 2711 | From: Texas | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DemonWolf
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DemonWolf     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Classic Rock - "Old Time Rock and Roll" - Bob Seger

--------------------
Friends are like skittles: they come in many colors, and some are fruity!

IMJW-052804

Posts: 7224 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Roadie
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roadie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MisterGrey:
I'm going to have to put forth an argument and say that "I Ran" by Flock of Seagulls is THE 80 New Wave song.

I'll never forget listening to the radio in my room, and when this song was over, the DJ said "That was I Ran by A Flock of Seagulls..." right as my dad came in my room. My dad asked, "And then what happened?"

Okay, not so funny, I guess you had to be there - my sister and I still crack up about this.

--------------------
"The little local company I buy from has CHEAP shipping and I have met their goats." (snapdragonfly)

"And that's one lost erection I'll never get back! You hear me Dan! I'm owed an erection!" (I'mNotDedalus)

Posts: 2658 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nick Theodorakis
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nick Theodorakis   E-mail Nick Theodorakis   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kanazawa:

How about "In the Mood" by Glenn Miller for the whole Swing thing?

Yes! I was trying to think of the name of that song, and I didn't want to post "how about that swing song that goes 'dada dadadada dadadadada.'"

Here are some more:

Definitive Christmas carol (secular): White Christmas, by Irving Berlin.

Definitive Christmas carol (religious) Stille Nacht (Silent Night), by Mohr and Bruber

Definitive classical piano piece that ends up on cartoons: Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2 in C-sharp minor by Liszt.

Definitive classical piece fragment that is most over-used as a soundtrack in popular culture (a tie):

1. Carmina Burana by Carl Orff

2. Also Sprach Zarathustra, by Richard Strauss

Definitive opera: Aida by Verdi

Definitive Jewish folk dancing song: Hava Nagila.

Definitive Greek folk dancing song: Samiotisa.

Nick

--------------------
Don't forget to register for the New ULMB.

Announcement here

Posts: 1089 | From: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Seaboe Muffinchucker
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Seaboe Muffinchucker     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
''Breakdown on Foggy Mountain''

You mean Foggy Mountain Breakdown, don't you?

Amazing Grace has to be the epitome of some sort of music. Bagpipe hymns, maybe?

Seaboe.

--------------------
Education is not the filling of a hard drive, but the lighting of a bulb. -- Yeats via Esprise Me

Posts: 5562 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Gale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gale     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Theodorakis:

Definitive classical piece fragment that is most over-used as a soundtrack in popular culture (a tie):
  1. Carmina Burana by Carl Orff
  2. Also Sprach Zarathustra, by Richard Strauss

Nick

I've got to throw Pacabel's Cannon in here
Posts: 4811 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kanazawa
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kanazawa   E-mail kanazawa   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Cocteau Twins and Marilyn Manson are both considered goth.
BTW--how would Cocteau Twins be considered Goth? I've heard them described as "dream pop" and "shoegazers" but never Goth...

--------------------
If I say it's safe to surf this beach, then it's safe to surf this beach...

Posts: 127 | From: Cupertino, CA | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cervus
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cervus   E-mail Cervus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Anyone going to take a stab at the Blues? I'd say "I'm Tore Down" by Freddie King, or maybe "One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer" by John Lee Hooker.

I did, way back in the very first response. I chose Robert Johnson's "Crossroads" because not only does it fit the standard AAB phrasing, but it created an entire mythology in both blues and rock circles.

--------------------
"There is no constitutional right to sleep with endangered reptiles." -- Carl Hiaasen
Won't somebody please think of the adults!

Posts: 8254 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Freshman
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Freshman   Author's Homepage   E-mail Freshman   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ThistleS:
quote:
Originally posted by HSSenior:
quote:
Originally posted by KaiTheInvader:
"This Corrosion" by Sisters of Mercy is the ultimate definition of a goth song. actually, anything by Sisters of Mercy.
(I just came off a really long rant about how no one can even do anything remotely "gothic" anymore without getting compared to them, so I'm a bit bitter right now. still like the band though.)

whadya bout stuff by Bahaus? Note: just listened to a sample of em and they seem more techno/ new wave goth to me
Bauhaus seems like techno/ new wave goth? I'm not sure what those genres mean, but Bauhaus is one of the original English goth bands, so early in fact that they were considered punk. Their golden years were '77-'83.

Goth is a hard one to define because it really describes the visual aesthetic and lyrical content of the band much more than the musical style. Cocteau Twins and Marilyn Manson are both considered goth.

doh! I meant to say I listened to a sample of Sisters of Mercy! sorry..
but yeah, I'd say Bahuaus is more.gothy

--------------------
"High-Five!" - Borat

Posts: 1056 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dogwater
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogwater   E-mail Dogwater   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll second Smells Like Teen Spirit for Grunge

Hard Rock = AC/DC Shook Me All Night Long
Rockabilly = Buddy Holly Peggy Sue...damn, now I've got the guitar break in my head!

--------------------
As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Posts: 1679 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kirk1168
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kirk1168     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll second I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry for country and Crossroads for blues.
Metal: Iron Man by Sabbath
Corporate Rock: Come Sail Away by Styx
Punk: I Wanna Be Sedated by The Ramones
New Wave: Cars by Gary Newman, though I Ran is right there, too.
50's Rock & Roll: Jailhouse Rock by the King
Acid Rock: White Rabbit by The Jefferson Airplane
Americana (Roots Rock, whatever): The Weight by The Band
Hair Metal: Still Of The Night by Whitesnake
Southern Rock: Sweet Home Alabama by Skynyrd

Posts: 16 | From: Greensburg, PA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kanazawa

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kanazawa   E-mail kanazawa   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Fusion (jazz/rock) "Pick Up the Pieces" by Average White Band

Fusion (jazz/funk) "Gotta Lotta Shakalada" by The Crusaders.

Fusion (jazz/electronica) "Moments in Love" by The Art of Noise

--------------------
If I say it's safe to surf this beach, then it's safe to surf this beach...

Posts: 127 | From: Cupertino, CA | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ThistleSoftware
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThistleSoftware     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Cocteau Twins and Marilyn Manson are both considered goth.
BTW--how would Cocteau Twins be considered Goth? I've heard them described as "dream pop" and "shoegazers" but never Goth...
Goth kids love them, that's how.

I guess a better example of the opposite of Marilyn Manson in the goth spectrum would be Switchblade Symphony.

--------------------
Officially Heartless

Posts: 3065 | From: The Montgomery County of the West Coast- Berkeley, CA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ThistleSoftware
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThistleSoftware     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
"This Corrosion" by Sisters of Mercy is the ultimate definition of a goth song. actually, anything by Sisters of Mercy.
(I just came off a really long rant about how no one can even do anything remotely "gothic" anymore without getting compared to them, so I'm a bit bitter right now. still like the band though.)

whadya bout stuff by Bahaus? Note: just listened to a sample of em and they seem more techno/ new wave goth to me
Bauhaus seems like techno/ new wave goth? I'm not sure what those genres mean, but Bauhaus is one of the original English goth bands, so early in fact that they were considered punk. Their golden years were '77-'83.

Goth is a hard one to define because it really describes the visual aesthetic and lyrical content of the band much more than the musical style. Cocteau Twins and Marilyn Manson are both considered goth.

Sisters of Mercy is a seminal 80s goth band, but they are sort of a precursor to the more techno/ dancey feel of modern goth. It's hard to say which sound has been more influential- Bauhaus has certainly influenced a lot of bands, many of which are goth, but they've also influenced numerous other genres. Sisters of Mercy's influence can almost exclusively be heard in gothe music, and can especially be heard in the very danceable sound of goth/ industrial from the 90s (at least to me). Even Rasputina and Marilyn Manson sound sort of SOM to me.

So I guess what I'm saying is I agree with KaitheInvader.

--------------------
Officially Heartless

Posts: 3065 | From: The Montgomery County of the West Coast- Berkeley, CA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Elwood
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elwood   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I would say thatStrong Bad Summarizes Techno better than any "real" techno artist ever could. [Smile]

--------------------
"If I didn't see it and didn't know it was a real news report, I wouldn't believe it. I mean, how nutty can you get?"-Pat Robertson Oct 26, 2006.

Posts: 2936 | From: Mean Streets of West Virginia | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Monkster

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkster   E-mail Monkster   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dogwater:

Thunderstruck
Posts: 147 | From: Queensland Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dogwater
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogwater   E-mail Dogwater   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Monkster:
quote:

Thunderstruck
Personally, I love AC/DC, but, if I never heard "Shook Me..." again, it'd be too soon..."Thunderstruck" F-NFBSK ROCKS, I agree...I was trying to set personal opinions aside and give examples based upon -- perhaps -- a technical criteria (of which I've made-up in my own head and find impossible to articulate [lol] )

--------------------
As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Posts: 1679 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Paulie Jay
O Little Down-Payment of Bethlehem

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paulie Jay     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Monkster:
quote:

Thunderstruck
Nah - Highway To Hell kicks both of those. [fish]

--------------------
All the way with Paulie Jay

Posts: 476 | From: Sydney, NSW, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pondicherry Pi
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pondicherry Pi   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pondicherry Pi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"I Will Survive" Ultimate Girl-Power Anthem.

--------------------
If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats. - Lemony Snicket

What the NFBSK is Glurge? Or, a link to Snopes Lingo

Posts: 218 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mosherette
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mosherette     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pondicherry Pi:
"I Will Survive" Ultimate Girl-Power Anthem.

Ironically, writeen by men.

--------------------
Silence should never under any circumstances be construed as agreement. A lot of the time, it's simply a reflection that someone just said something so stupid that no response could possibly do it justice. - Ramblin' Dave

Posts: 8528 | From: Nottingham, England | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ericsmom

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ericsmom   E-mail ericsmom   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cervus:
quote:
Defintive something (mumble rock?): "Louie Louie" recorded by The Kingsmen.

I think this could fall under the category of definitive "Frat Rock", "Drunken College Party Anthem", or "Garage Band" song.
I think another example of this is that song "Shout"...it was featured in Animal House, after all...
Posts: 106 | From: Dumont, NJ | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ericsmom

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ericsmom   E-mail ericsmom   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DemonWolf:

This might also fall into the category of Most Overplayed Song at a Wedding
Posts: 106 | From: Dumont, NJ | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Autumn Neko
The Seahorse Whisperer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Autumn Neko   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Lot of great suggestions here - particularly "I Ran" for 80s New Wave.

Personally, I think the ultimate gothic song would be Malice Mizer's "Seinaru Toki Eien no Inori" - just check out this live version. I mean, it's got operatic vocals, a pipe organ, electric guitars, people dressed in Victorian garb, a choir of nuns, and even a giant cathedral for a stage! [Smile]

ETA: OT, but someone mentioned "Toccata and Fugue in D minor" and now I have the theme from Gyruss (classic NES game) stuck in my head!

--------------------
"...and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does."
~~Groucho Marx~~

Posts: 392 | From: Virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
KaiTheInvader
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KaiTheInvader   Author's Homepage   E-mail KaiTheInvader   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Sisters of Mercy is a seminal 80s goth band, but they are sort of a precursor to the more techno/ dancey feel of modern goth. It's hard to say which sound has been more influential- Bauhaus has certainly influenced a lot of bands, many of which are goth, but they've also influenced numerous other genres. Sisters of Mercy's influence can almost exclusively be heard in gothe music, and can especially be heard in the very danceable sound of goth/ industrial from the 90s (at least to me). Even Rasputina and Marilyn Manson sound sort of SOM to me.

So I guess what I'm saying is I agree with KaitheInvader.

well, I was gonna put a response, but you pretty much covered it for me. while bauhaus does have a more goth sound at times, sisters of mercy is pointed at as the definitive goth band, the one by which all other goth bands are compared to.

--------------------
Resurrection of mankind to careen in silent pace. Feeling lonely. I am the dream that nobody dreams of, but will you dream of me, and dream of eternal desire? If you dream of me, will you live for me? Will you? Will you?

Posts: 344 | From: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nappy Solo

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nappy Solo     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

I would have to agree with that, a good choice. Also, the definitive new wave hairstyles. So good, Chandler Bing even copied them.

Another one I'd like to nominate for prog-rock, would be "Close to the Edge" by Yes.

--------------------
Virtue is its own reward. But, then again, so is vice....

Posts: 167 | From: Lincoln, NE | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Doc J.
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doc J.   E-mail Doc J.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
while bauhaus does have a more goth sound at times, sisters of mercy is pointed at as the definitive goth band, the one by which all other goth bands are compared to.

Possibly by you youngsters. [Wink]

Siouxsie was the queen of Goth before SOM even released a track.

Posts: 3100 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ganzfeld

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ganzfeld     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Unintelligible, drunk, psychedelic metal: In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida (Iron Butterfly)
Posts: 4922 | From: Kyoto, Japan | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ThistleSoftware
Little Sales Drummer Boy

quote:
Originally posted by Doc J.:
quote:
while bauhaus does have a more goth sound at times, sisters of mercy is pointed at as the definitive goth band, the one by which all other goth bands are compared to.

Possibly by you youngsters. [Wink]

Siouxsie was the queen of Goth before SOM even released a track.

Yes, but do all the rest of the goth bands now sound just like Siouxsie? No. And this is a thread about songs that have all of the elements of the genre. Of course anyone who knows their stuff loves Siouxsie and Bauhaus and so forth, but "This Corrosion" is easily recognizable as goth by anyone who is into goth, and even plebians (or whatever you call people who don't like goth)

--------------------
Officially Heartless

Doc J.
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doc J.   E-mail Doc J.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
"This Corrosion" is easily recognizable as goth by anyone

Indeed. But that isn't the same as claiming that SOM are some sort of benchmark.
Posts: 3100 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
animal73
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for animal73   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ericsmom:
quote:
Originally posted by DemonWolf:

This might also fall into the category of Most Overplayed Song at a Wedding
To be closely followed by "Celebration" and that damn electric slide song (Electric Boogie?)...

--------------------
Never take a sleeping pill and a laxative the same night.

Canton Maddogs Rugby

Posts: 440 | From: Canton, Ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
bufungla

Icon 18 posted      Profile for bufungla   Author's Homepage   E-mail bufungla   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Gawd, look what happens when I miss a day of snopes - so many comments, so little time:

quote:
Originally posted by Stoneage Dinosaur:

Prog: "Aqualung" - Jethro Tull

Except that there are no guitar or keyboard solos of note (especially considering what constitutes a guitar or keyboard solo in a prog work). Close to the Edge is certainly definitive, although I'd nominate Roundabout for most well known, and Heart of the Sunrise because Jon Anderson always introduces it as the most requested Yes song for performances.

quote:

Definitive baroque toccata: "Toccata and Fugue in D minor" by J.S. Bach.

Are you aware of the growing consesnus that the D minor toccata and fugue probably wasn't even written by Bach (and, if it was, was probably a violin piece of his that was transcribed)?

quote:
Fusion (jazz/rock) "Pick Up the Pieces" by Average White Band

Fusion (jazz/funk) "Gotta Lotta Shakalada" by The Crusaders.

Fusion (jazz/electronica) "Moments in Love" by The Art of Noise

That's a different definition of jazz/rock fusion than I'm used to. The usual suspects in the jazz rock fusion genre (among others) are Jean Luc Ponty, Spyrogyra, the Jeff Lorber Fusion, the Bill Bruford solo band of the late 70s, and the Dixie Dregs, from whom I'd nominate Take It Off The Top as most definitive.

--------------------
"Pardon him. Theodotus: he is a barbarian, and thinks that the customs of his tribe and island are the laws of nature."

George Bernard Shaw, Caesar and Cleopatra

Posts: 4847 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spooky Cactus

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spooky Cactus   E-mail Spooky Cactus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Power ballads massacared by cover after cover - Badfinger's 'Without You'

60's pseudo-nursery rhyme psychedelia - 'Piggies' by George Harrison

Way too experimental - Revolution 9

60's Eastern influence - Norweigan Wood (This Bird Has Flown)

Cheese Rock - I Think Therefore I Rock n' Roll by Ringo and the Roundheads

Hardcore Soft Rock - Jet by Wings

Covers that should never have been - William Shatner, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds

Covers that should never have been but turned out okay - The Ramones, Somebody to Love

--------------------
'When the world is dead and gone, we will still be Rocking On!' (J.P.McCartney)

Posts: 154 | From: Yorkshire, England | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
KentuckyGhostHunter
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KentuckyGhostHunter   E-mail KentuckyGhostHunter   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
nice lists everyone...

Bad Pun Song - Wet Dream (Kip Adadda)

Parody - Eat It (Weird Al Yankovic)

Pure Fun - "Poisoning Pigeons In The Park" (Tom Lehrer)

Strangely Intellectual and funny at the same time - God Thinks (Voltaire)

Funniest Song about Star Trek - tie- Star Trekkin' (The Firm) and The USS Make S**t Up (Voltaire)

--------------------
"People demand freedom of speech to make up for freedom of thought, which they avoid."
--Kierkegaard

Posts: 303 | From: Ashland, KY | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ericsmom

Would songs featured in Chick Flicks count as a genre? If so, I nominate "Ain't No Mountain High Enough". Of course, a hair brush to sing into is a requirement
ThistleSoftware
Little Sales Drummer Boy

quote:
Originally posted by Doc J.:
quote:
"This Corrosion" is easily recognizable as goth by anyone

Indeed. But that isn't the same as claiming that SOM are some sort of benchmark.
I think you and Kai (and I) are claiming two completely different things. Kai and I agree that "This Corrosion" is the prototypical goth song. Kai then extended that claim to SOM being a protoypical goth group (if I understand the claim correctly). Then you countered with Siouxsie being the queen of goth. Okay, that she may be. But that doesn't make her music the most representative of the entire genre of goth, does it? Basically I think you are making a claim as to the quality of the music while we are making claims about how typical the music is of the genre.

Thistle "leave it to the goths to get pissy in a thread like this" S

--------------------
Officially Heartless

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages