snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Amusement Bark » Axl: Hilfiger 'Just Kept Smacking Me'

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Axl: Hilfiger 'Just Kept Smacking Me'
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 208 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It was a one-two encounter between Axl Rose and Tommy Hilfiger. The rocker and designer capped a Thursday evening out at a new club called The Plumm in Manhattan's Chelsea neighborhood with midnight fisticuffs.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060520/ap_en_mu/people_rose_hilfiger

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rebochan the Retail Reindeer
Good King Wal-Mart

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rebochan the Retail Reindeer   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Let me guess. Tommy said "If I knew that Axl Rose was going to wear my clothes, I would have never designed them." And it just escalated from there.

--------------------
"One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes

"Vote Republican! We won't burn you at the stake for your religious beliefs or slaughter your family and steal your land." -- Ramblin' Dave

Posts: 3555 | From: Florida | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dogwater
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogwater   E-mail Dogwater   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Under "stuff that makes life worth living..." let me put this up there with True Love and The Laghter of Children.

Tommy Hilfiger just B**** slappin' Axl Rose...I do believe I'm giddy [lol]

--------------------
As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Posts: 1679 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 98 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Rebochan and Dogwater: [lol]

Yes, this has made my day. Something about comeuppance and all that.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Max_Renn
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Max_Renn   Author's Homepage   E-mail Max_Renn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Is there anyone out there who seriously believes that the Guns & Roses album will have been worth the wait when it finally sees the lgiht of day? Rose was an overexposed jackass when I was in high school and university. It amazes me that he's still in the news 13 years after his last album. And it breaks my heart that he's sucked the bassist for one of the greatest bands ever, The Replacements, into his freakshow.

Max "Chinese Democracy" Renn

--------------------
Sister Ann: DRIVE! DRIVE
Crow T. Robot: Look, I'm already driving, there's no inherent quantity of driving that I can increase! If you want me to go faster, you should say so.

Posts: 579 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dogwater
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogwater   E-mail Dogwater   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Max_Renn:
Is there anyone out there who seriously believes that the Guns & Roses album will have been worth the wait when it finally sees the lgiht of day? Rose was an overexposed jackass when I was in high school and university. It amazes me that he's still in the news 13 years after his last album. And it breaks my heart that he's sucked the bassist for one of the greatest bands ever, The Replacements, into his freakshow.

Max "Chinese Democracy" Renn

Axl himself has always been an ass. However, Appetite for Destruction remains one of the best metal albums to come out of the 80's. It still holds up today.
Their remake of The Dead Boys (GREAT punk band, btw [Smile] ) "Ain't it Fun" was rather prophetic for Ol' Axl
"Well, ain't it fun when you've broken up every band that you've ever begun..."

--------------------
As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Posts: 1679 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cinnamon
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cinnamon   Author's Homepage   E-mail Cinnamon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Personally speaking, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing Axl and the current GNR lineup in Dublin in June, what I've heard of the tracks from Chinese Democracy that have made their way onto the internet sound pretty good to me, and I will be buying the album as soon as it comes out (whenever that might finally be). Axl was the one who turned me onto rock in the first place through Appetite for Destruction, and I do get genuinely excited when I hear about the new album. Okay, 13 years is a ridiculously long time to wait, but I think it will have been worth it in the end.

--------------------
My blog - a continuing obsession with my weight plus much randomness
My opinions on books, music, and other stuff

Posts: 845 | From: Gloucestershire, UK | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bach_girl
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bach_girl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I like AXL- and loved G&R. I will definitely go see them if they come around her when they tour.

--------------------
"My Very Educated Mother Just Said Uh-oh! No...Pluto..."~ Steven Colbert

Posts: 3256 | From: Somewhere in Ohio | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages