snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Amusement Bark » Amazing Race 9 (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Amazing Race 9
Gibbie
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gibbie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
In one of their insider videos a couple of weeks ago she stated that she moved in right before they left for the race. It was when they were fighting and she made a joke about needing the million dollars cause she'd just moved in and all her stuff was in his place and she didn't have any money to move back out. In the same interview they stated that they'd never spent more than four days together. Which is really weird. I did the long distance thing with my husband for two years and we managed to go on vacation together and take a couple of longer trips together.

Doesn't seem to be very good planning to quit your job, move in with your boyfriend then go on this incredibly tiring and stressful tv show together for a month all at the same time. Lots of people would have trouble weathering all that.

Gibbie

--------------------
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

Posts: 3993 | From: Indiana | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Gibbie
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gibbie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers

Can't say I'm sorry to see the back of MoJo. They just bugged. Yay for the hippies. I still can't understand how thay can simultaneously annoy me and endear themselves to me but I was happy they are still in it. Though I could not watch them eat bugs. I kept closing my eyes. Ewww. I would have been like Yolanda, and just headed back. She and Ray were both much more relaxed this leg. I think whatever was wrong is now better. I was so happy to see him being affectionate with her. Yay, she doesn't have to move out now! [Smile]

Season finale next week!

Gibbie

--------------------
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

Posts: 3993 | From: Indiana | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
christmas tree kitapper
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for christmas tree kitapper     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gibbie:
Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers

Can't say I'm sorry to see the back of MoJo. They just bugged. Yay for the hippies. I still can't understand how thay can simultaneously annoy me and endear themselves to me but I was happy they are still in it.

I'm going to miss MoJo and I still can't stand the hippies. "We'll tell Joseph that Eric and Monica are having a fling!" Next episode: "We're teh only decent team left." Oh, be quiet. Decent teams don't try to stir up trouble like that. (Nor do they cancel other peoples' cabs IMHO, Eric/Jeremy and MoJo.)

I'm hoping for a Ray/Yolanda win. Failing that Eric/Jeremy.

I know I could never have had the patience to make the fruit and table look that nice.

--------------------
"I have never in my life been more disappointed by a politician I voted for than I have been with George Bush. He is a total liberal."- overheard by me on the shuttle to the U of A game on Nov. 11th.

Posts: 3878 | From: Tucson, AZ | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
paisley claus
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paisley claus     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 

Oh I just CHEERED when MoJo got eliminated [Big Grin] Monica just gets on my last nerve...the tiniest setback (ie dropping the pots on the first trip) sets her off: "Ohhh it's over (cry cry cry), we're out of the race... whine whine whine" She gives up way too easily.

As much as I disliked them, I did think their sign-off was sweet and made me see them as a little more human, talking about how the race has been a good thing for their relationship, and when they get back they still have each other.. sappy, yes, but it made me feel a little more for them for once!!

Next week poses such a quandry for me and Mr. Paisley... AR is a 2 hour finale, but LOST is on at 9!!!!! I guess we'll just have to watch the second half of AR during LOST's commercial breaks!

--------------------
"Oh, now we're going to start judging each other on things we've done?? Real fair!"

Posts: 1114 | From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
GenYus
Away in a Manager's Special

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenYus   E-mail GenYus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by paisley:
Did she really?!? I wasn't aware of that info... I know they were doing that whole long distance thing, and they keep saying this is the longest they've been together at one time. Why would you move in together if you haven't spent more than a couple days together? That seems crazy, and especially since they're having a little trouble.

My SO moved in with me after we had only spent a few days together in our long distance relationship. It has been almost 3 years so far that we have lived together (4.5 years total) and it is going great.

ETA: All this below.

SPOILER ALERT:
Regarding the latest episode, I'm pissed off that the one leg that the hippies win is not a "winner of the leg wins a prize" leg. They won the leg, but because they didn't have the magic golden gnome, they didn't get squat for it. Anti-hippy bias in the production company.

PS. How did they keep the monkey from stealing the clues out of the clue box?

--------------------
IIRC, it wasn't the shoe bomber's loud prayers that sparked the takedown by the other passengers; it was that he was trying to light his shoe on fire. Very, very different. Canuckistan

Posts: 3694 | From: Arizona | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Echinodermata Q. Taft

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Echinodermata Q. Taft   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 

quote:
Originally posted by GenYus:
Regarding the latest episode, I'm pissed off that the one leg that the hippies win is not a "winner of the leg wins a prize" leg.

They had won leg 4, and one a digital imaging package, so they won't go away empty-handed (presuming they don't win the million). And as for "anti-hippie bias" I would be more suspicious of the opposite, given the two times they arrrived last were both non-elimination legs....

I'm glad to see MoJo go as well -- they'd rubbed me the wrong way increasingly. As it is, really, I wouldn't mind seeing any of the remaining teams win. I'll be rooting against Eric & Jeremy, partly because they've been so dominant throughout the race (out of 10 legs, they've finished first five times, and second four) and partly because of lingering distaste for the horn-dog routine they indulged in for the first several episodes -- but they've gotten less dislikable as the race went on (apart from the taxi-cancelling bit, but since it wound up biting them on the ass, I don't resent it as much as I might). Conversely, while I enjoyed the hippies for the first half-dozen or so episodes, my affection for them has dimmed somewhat over time. I still would be happy to see them win, but I wouldn't be at all displeased to see Ray & Yolanda take it, either.

Still...wonder what Dave & Lori are up to? I still miss them. [Smile]

--------------------
http://eqtaft.blogspot.com

Hope for the future! http://www.runobama.com

Posts: 3218 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
sherri_lu
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sherri_lu   Author's Homepage   E-mail sherri_lu   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I run into Tyler (red headed hippie) his Mom and Girlfriend last week. His GF is a hottie.
Posts: 1344 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Kev
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kev   E-mail Kev   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Next week poses such a quandry for me and Mr. Paisley... AR is a 2 hour finale, but LOST is on at 9!!!!! I guess we'll just have to watch the second half of AR during LOST's commercial breaks!

ABC has the past few episodes available for free online now. I think the newest episodes become available the day after they air. All past episodes are also available on iTunes for $1.99 each.

ETA: Epidodes of Lost that is...which is obvious because it's ABC, but just in case it wasn't clear.

--------------------
Austin Stars Drum & Bugle Corps | Kev's MySpace

Posts: 1126 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BeachLife
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 211 posted      Profile for BeachLife   Author's Homepage   E-mail BeachLife   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kev:
quote:

ABC has the past few episodes available for free online now. I think the newest episodes become available the day after they air. All past episodes are also available on iTunes for $1.99 each.

ETA: Epidodes of Lost that is...which is obvious because it's ABC, but just in case it wasn't clear.

We're taping Amazing Race and watching Lost with friends.

--------------------
Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone.
Jack Dragon, On Being a Dragon
Confessions of a Dragon's scribe
Diary of my Heart Surgery

Posts: 12094 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
blucanary
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blucanary   Author's Homepage   E-mail blucanary   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm taping Lost and watching Amazing Race with my mom on the phone as usual.

--------------------
I would add my signature but the pen won't write on the screen.

Posts: 458 | From: Maryland | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mr. Furious
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Furious   Author's Homepage   E-mail Mr. Furious   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm glad that ABC is offering Lost for free online. I missed half of last week's episode because my DVR decided that it only wanted to record the first half-hour. It's really nice with the limited commercial interruptions.

I'm going to miss the season finale of Scrubs, though, and I don't think those episodes are available online (at least not legally).

--------------------
"He's not gonna let me in, I'm Mr. Dirty Mouth!"
- Jeffrey Coho (Craig Bierko), Boston Legal

Posts: 8729 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Kev
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kev   E-mail Kev   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Furious:
I'm glad that ABC is offering Lost for free online. I missed half of last week's episode because my DVR decided that it only wanted to record the first half-hour. It's really nice with the limited commercial interruptions.

I'm going to miss the season finale of Scrubs, though, and I don't think those episodes are available online (at least not legally).

I don't think they are available free legally, but they are available on iTunes.

I'm so grateful my DVR has two tuners. Only when three things I want to watch are on at the same time does it become a problem (which has happened before).

--------------------
Austin Stars Drum & Bugle Corps | Kev's MySpace

Posts: 1126 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
blucanary
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blucanary   Author's Homepage   E-mail blucanary   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
LOST is available free legally. It's a streaming feed on the ABC website and you have to watch 4 commercials. But otherwise it's free.

ETA Oh you meant Scrubs. Doh!

--------------------
I would add my signature but the pen won't write on the screen.

Posts: 458 | From: Maryland | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Echinodermata Q. Taft

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Echinodermata Q. Taft   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers

...no, really. Spoilers. I mean it!

...whooo! Hippies rule!

This one was a very tough leg, I thought. BJ & Tyler had the Japanese knowledge advantage, but I don't think that gained them too much over Eric & Jeremy. In any case, they all got to Alaska at the same time.

Ray & Yolanda's propensity for not getting directions quite straight finally caught up with them. But they had a pretty good race, over-all.

When I saw the flag-arranging task, I knew BJ & Tyler still had a shot, despite being behind. If it had been a purely physical task, Eric & Jeremy would have won, no problem. Oddly, though, I expected the problem to be not knowing which flag went with which country (as it was with the hippies, when they couldn't at first remember the Russian flag) -- instead, the problem was getting the countries in the right order. When they put Germany ahead of Russia, I knew they had a problem. Then, of course, they got confused and started seizing other flags, and...well, by then, BJ & Tyler had it figured, and were on their way.

(You do wonder, when Ray & Yolanda showed up, if they told them to just skip the flags and run ahead....)

I'm glad to see a team that had such a good attitude almost throughout got the prize. It was also good to see all the other teams again -- they seemed to throw a lot of shots of Dave & Lori up; I suspect they've been one of the more popular losing teams.

(I also wondered if they had had a camera on MoJo when the hippies came around the corner, if we'd have been treated to an "aw, NFBSK" expression....but actually they seemed cordial enough.)

So, fun and prizes, whoo! Good show. Eager for the next season!

--------------------

Posts: 3218 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jenn
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenn   E-mail Jenn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Echinodermata Q. Taft:
Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers

(I also wondered if they had had a camera on MoJo when the hippies came around the corner, if we'd have been treated to an "aw, NFBSK" expression....but actually they seemed cordial enough.)

Actually, I read an article earlier in which they said the hippies were their second favorite to win. It was Ray and Yolanda they didn't think had any business winning.

--------------------
"You're the opposite of troll. It's a compliment!"

Posts: 12086 | From: Alberta | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Echinodermata Q. Taft

quote:
Originally posted by Jenn:
quote:
Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers

Actually, I read an article earlier in which they said the hippies were their second favorite to win. It was Ray and Yolanda they didn't think had any business winning.
Huh. That's odd.

I guess I can see it in the sense of they thought the hippies were more consistently competitive. I do have to agree somewhat with the TWOP critic who wondered how Ray & Yolanda managed to stay in the race so long when they could seemingly never get directions straight. But after their feud with the hippies, and particularly the Yield (even though it wound up gaining the hippies nothing, as it turned out), I would have thought they would rather see anyone win than the hippies.

Unless, of coruse, they're just racist, but I'd like to think at least a little better of them than that....

--------------------

paisley claus
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paisley claus     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
SPOILER SPACE SPOILER SPACE SPOILER SPACE SPOILER SPACE SPOILER SPACE SPOILER SPACE
SPOILER SPACE SPOILER SPACE SPOILER SPACE SPOILER SPACE SPOILER SPACE SPOILER SPACE

We were watching LOST, so I only caught AR during the commercials. I missed when everyone crossed the finish line but tuned in in time to see that the hippies won! Hurray!! All I coudl think was "in your face, MoJo!!" [Wink] That is crazy that the hippies were MoJo's second favorite..I wonder what turned them off of Ray & Yolanda?

I was getting really annoyed with the frat boys towards the end; I realize they were just getting very competitive, but the things they were complaining about.. "the hippies are playing dirty now!" Yeah, look who's talking, cab-cancelers!!

It makes me really happy to see the good people win too...I don't think the hippies played dirty at ALL; they just had some strategy but it was by far no worse than calling to cancel another team's cab.

Did it come down to a footrace in the end, or did the hippies finish their flag-arrainging first and get a head start?

--------------------
"Oh, now we're going to start judging each other on things we've done?? Real fair!"

Posts: 1114 | From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
christmas tree kitapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for christmas tree kitapper     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 

Figures. No, I wasn't happy the "we're the only decent people left" hippies won. I still think they're mega-jerks.

Great final Roadblock, though.

--------------------
"I have never in my life been more disappointed by a politician I voted for than I have been with George Bush. He is a total liberal."- overheard by me on the shuttle to the U of A game on Nov. 11th.

Posts: 3878 | From: Tucson, AZ | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
GenYus
Away in a Manager's Special

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenYus   E-mail GenYus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fresh fruit kitapping:

Figures. No, I wasn't happy the "we're the only decent people left" hippies won. I still think they're mega-jerks.

Great final Roadblock, though.

What have they done to make you think they are mega-jerks?

--------------------
IIRC, it wasn't the shoe bomber's loud prayers that sparked the takedown by the other passengers; it was that he was trying to light his shoe on fire. Very, very different. Canuckistan

Posts: 3694 | From: Arizona | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jenn
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenn   E-mail Jenn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jenn:
Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing Spoilers Amazing

Huh. That's odd.

I guess I can see it in the sense of they thought the hippies were more consistently competitive.

Yeah, that was pretty much it. They see Ray and Yolanda as the weakest team in the game who were always bringing up the rear, making it through by pure luck - or rather, the screw ups of the other teams - and who should've been eliminated a few legs back. While they didn't like the Hippies on a personal level, they felt they were strong players and thus more deserving of the win than Ray and Yolanda.

--------------------
"You're the opposite of troll. It's a compliment!"

Posts: 12086 | From: Alberta | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Echinodermata Q. Taft

quote:

Did it come down to a footrace in the end, or did the hippies finish their flag-arrainging first and get a head start?

The latter. It looked like the "frat boys" might finish theirs first, but they compounded their errors (they at first had all the right flags, but in the wrong order; when rearranging a couple didn't fix it, they started swapping flags out) so the hippies got a good jump on them. I don't know if they finished the flags before BJ & Tyler actually crossed the finish line, but it was a big enough lead that it didn't really matter.

--------------------

christmas tree kitapper

quote:
Originally posted by GenYus:
[QUOTE]
[qb] SPOILER SPACE SPOILER SPACE SPOILER SPACE SPOILER SPACE SPOILER SPACE SPOILER SPACE

What have they done to make you think they are mega-jerks?

In no special order:

-"We told MoJo if they don't give us money we're Yielding them". Extortion. Always nice.
-Trying to make trouble between Mo & Jo. [For the record I don't think cancelling cabs was nice either.]
-Being such annoying always "on" self-absorbed guys.
-Yelling "Pizza Pie" in wacky Italian accents while running through Sicily's streets.

Lots of other little things I saw. *Shrug* They are clearly a very polarizing team; you either loved 'em or hated them, and I hated them. I bet they were good for the ratings, though.

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages