snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Amusement Bark » American Idol Pool (Page 13)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14   
Author Topic: American Idol Pool
ali_marea
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ali_marea   E-mail ali_marea   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Here's the way I hope it goes down.

Kat and Elliot in the final two. Elliot going home.

I like at, she's just not a pop star. She's more appropriately a theater singer. Broadway, off-Broadway...that sort of thing.

Since my man Chris is gone, Taylor better win this.

--------------------
28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, and 12 seconds. That is when the world will end.

Posts: 7158 | From: D.C. | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Clarkone68
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clarkone68     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Like Chris, it's probably better that Elliot didn't win. Chris probably would have been forced into making some crappy Creed-like album, but now he has more options and control and can hopefully learn how to sing in the rock genre instead of screeching the lyrics like he's trying out for a crappy 'rock' band like Nickelback because Chris did show that he could sing. it just would be nice if he could learn how to sing the loud stuff. Elliot also probably would have been pushed into some sort of pop soul/bluesy/R&B album that would be generic.

Now, I'm kind of pushing for Kat to win, just so they're stuck with a bitchy, generic, robotic, pop singer with no soul who's more inconsistent than Ashlee Simpson. Though, I''m just rather disappointed with America's taste in music, but I believe that a major city like L.A. is what got Kat through all those rounds because her singing sure as hell didn't. The 2 worst singers of the top 5 are in the finale. We get a wacky karaoke singer who half of the time masks weak vocals with spastic dance moves and a generic pop robot who's going to pump out soulless generic music after soulless generic music for a finale. Can't say I'm excited.

All I can say is that Kat is lucky I'm not a judge on that show.

Kat: You guys are being really hard on me!

Me: Look bitch, you're very, very, very lucky that you made it this far. You're very, very, very lucky and you should be very grateful that you didn't get voted off weeks ago. But, you have the nerve and audacity to say that we've been too hard on you? You should have been booed off the stage for your terrible, terrible "I Believe I Can Fly" performance. Stop being such an ungrateful little bitch and count your blessings that you're still on the show.

or

Me: Well, at least we all found out what an awful and painful pop version of "I Believe I Can Fly" sounds like....

After her last performance

Me: Ummm, OK.... You were singing a blues song and yet ......you were smiling and giggling like an idiot throughout the performance?? Tonight, without a doubt, you have demonstrated that you know nothing about the music you are singing. Please, please, please, don't ever attempt soul, blues, R&B, etc... ever again. Thank you.

ETA: Taylor's going to be the winner.

--------------------
"This site also demonstrates one of the great dangers of archeology, not to life and limb, although that does sometimes take place, I'm talking about folklore."

Posts: 40 | From: VA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lady Moon
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Moon   E-mail Lady Moon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I predict Taylor is going to win.

Although, as a Soul Patroller, I probably am just engaging in wishful thinking....*grin*

--------------------
"We've got a fifth member of the band round here, and he's DEFINITELY out of tune!" -- Keith Moon

"If I had a thousand quid for every time I've introduced this song --- oh, I do!" -- John Entwistle

Posts: 584 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
JoFo
Joy to the world, the Wii has come.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoFo   E-mail JoFo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmmm... I honestly didn't catch most of Kat's offences last night, which is weird because I usually do try to watch their behavior. I guess something was distracting me.

--------------------
I'm not paranoid, I'm just surrounded by enemies!

Posts: 420 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Towknie
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Towknie   E-mail Towknie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I prefer that Taylor win it, but I believe Kat will win, because, like Kerry Underwood, she's got really big, bouncy, pushed to the limit......um...er...pipes.

I'm sure the memory of the wardrobe malfunction won't hurt her either.

I'm with Clarkone68 -- very disappointed in America's taste.

--------------------
Towknie: Ryda-certified as wonderful, enlighted, and rational.

Posts: 1011 | From: Frisco, TX | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kathryn
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kathryn     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I DVR'd this but have not yet found the time to watch it... but I did read a quick recap of the episode.

So - for the purposes of the pool - did they actually have a bottom 2 or did they just show the 3 percentages? Did they announce who went with each percentage? Or did they just send Elliott home?

Hopefully I will get to watch this weekend but I don't want to leave the tallies on the pool that long.

Thanks!

--------------------
Keeper of the American Idol Pool 2006

Pamper yourself!

Posts: 1085 | From: Transplanted Yankee in North Carolina | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mr. Furious
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Furious   Author's Homepage   E-mail Mr. Furious   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
There was no bottom 2. They showed the three percentages, and then simply revealed who got the lowest percentage. They didn't say which contestant got either of the other two.

--------------------
"He's not gonna let me in, I'm Mr. Dirty Mouth!"
- Jeffrey Coho (Craig Bierko), Boston Legal

Posts: 8729 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kathryn
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kathryn     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks Mr. F:

Okay, since there was no bottom 2; I just gave 2 points to everyone who picked Elliott to go home.

Kathryn : 57
NeeCD : 54
AdmiralDinty : 52
Open Mike Night : 50
Sharon : 49
Kev : 50
KingDavid8 : 47
DakotaPride : 44
Sue Bee : 41
Mr. Furious : 42
KingFan : 38
Bach_girl : 37
Laura 2 : 37
Horse Chestnut : 31
Ms. Chicopea : 31
Jay Temple : 19
JoFo : 17
Ali_marea : 16
Nocturnal Emissions Test : 14
Lady Moon : 12
Pinqy : 7
Mickey : 6
I'm Anya : 5
Spankmantha : 3
Niccichick : 2
Watch your Kidneys : 1
eif : 0

Next week: The finale!!! 5 points up for grabs [Smile]

--------------------

Pamper yourself!

Posts: 1085 | From: Transplanted Yankee in North Carolina | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DakotaPride
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DakotaPride     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I think Taylor nailed it with his last song.

Taylor to win!

Posts: 212 | From: South Dakota | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay Temple
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Temple     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I said that if Katherine sings as well as she's capable of, she wins. She didn't. Taylor will win it.

--------------------
"Well, it looks we're on our own ... again."--Rev. Lovejoy

Posts: 3572 | From: St. Louis, MO | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mrs. Chicopea
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mrs. Chicopea     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Taylor will win.

--------------------
Don't judge someone unless you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then, if you still don't like them, it's ok! You'll be a mile away from them and you'll have their shoes.

Posts: 1300 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
laura 2
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for laura 2   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oi. Bad night for Katherine.

I think Taylor will win, although I think the margin will still be slim.

And for the love of sweet chocolate Moses, will they pleeeeze write less cheesey original songs for the top 2? It's like there was a contest for "Most Generic Song Ever Written" or something.

--------------------
My Belly Dance Business - Galatea Middle Eastern Dance - www.galateadancer.com

Q: What's the difference between an onion and a mizmar?
A: No one cries when they cut up a mizmar.

Posts: 786 | From: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay Temple
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Temple     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The writers of Whitney Houston's "One Moment in Time" should sue the writers of "My Destiny" for plagiarism.

--------------------
"Well, it looks we're on our own ... again."--Rev. Lovejoy

Posts: 3572 | From: St. Louis, MO | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AdmiralDinty
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AdmiralDinty   E-mail AdmiralDinty   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll go with Taylor. What was up with Katherine using two songs she's already done? I can understand singing one that you've done well with before, but two? That just screams desperation to me.

--------------------
"I wanna bite the hand that feeds me. I wanna bite that hand so badly. I wanna make them wish they'd never seen me." - Elvis Costello

Posts: 2291 | From: The Banks of the Merrimack, MA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
KingDavid8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KingDavid8   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmmm...I think the bottom two will be Katherine and Taylor, with Katherine going home.

In other words, I think Taylor's gonna win it.

Actually, I thought they were about even tonight, performance-wise. Each of their first two performances were excellent, IMO. I hated their final songs, however. Though at least Taylor put some oomph into it.

David

--------------------
www.MySpace.com/KDavid8

Posts: 2530 | From: Lansing, MI | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
KingDavid8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KingDavid8   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Waffles

--------------------
www.MySpace.com/KDavid8

Posts: 2530 | From: Lansing, MI | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
KingDavid8

quote:
Originally posted by AdmiralDinty:
I'll go with Taylor. What was up with Katherine using two songs she's already done? I can understand singing one that you've done well with before, but two? That just screams desperation to me.

Umm...so did Taylor.

David

--------------------
www.MySpace.com/KDavid8

Lady Moon
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Moon   E-mail Lady Moon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I completely agree with what Simon said to Taylor.

"You have just won American Idol."

Amen.

--------------------
"We've got a fifth member of the band round here, and he's DEFINITELY out of tune!" -- Keith Moon

"If I had a thousand quid for every time I've introduced this song --- oh, I do!" -- John Entwistle

Posts: 584 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
JoFo
Joy to the world, the Wii has come.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoFo   E-mail JoFo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've been routing for him since the beginning and it looks like I'll be statisfied for once. Taylor for the win!

--------------------
I'm not paranoid, I'm just surrounded by enemies!

Posts: 420 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NeeCD
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NeeCD   E-mail NeeCD       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, for the first time this season, I completely forgot to record the show. Luckily, I already had my mind made up (and a 50/50 chance). Even though I started out liking Katherine quite a lot, she's been kind of disappointing the last few weeks. Taylor, I just don't get, but he seems to have something special, so...

Taylor's going to win.

--------------------
I wondered why the Frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK!" and other lingo mean?

Posts: 1720 | From: Stafford Hamlet, OR | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mr. Furious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Furious   Author's Homepage   E-mail Mr. Furious   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hicks over McBoobs FTW, though Simon gave him the Cowell Kiss of Death, a la Clay Aiken.

--------------------

Posts: 8729 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Open Mike Night
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Open Mike Night     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I see Taylor winning this. He just has more performance experience, and it shows. I don't think Katerine did well enough to unseat him as the favorite.

--------------------
On the crusade to eliminate Moral Asshattery wherever it exists
Member: AAMAH

Posts: 2940 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Hazed
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hazed   E-mail Hazed   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Believe it or not, I'm going to go against the crowd and say Katherine is going to win. Remember, all of us were saying last year how Bo should win and then Carrie ended up winning. Katherine is just more marketable, IMHO. I'm not saying I want her to win, because I don't, I voted for Taylor for an hour last night, and then when I went to bed I had my husband do it. [lol]

I'm probably being a bit cynical here, but if this year is anything like last year, even though the judges seemed to prefer Taylor last night, tomorrow night they will be pimping Katherine, and then she will win. Exact same thing happened last year with Bo and Carrie.

Posts: 1128 | From: New York | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Towknie
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Towknie   E-mail Towknie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Taylor has the voice, the performance skills, the maturity, and far superior ability. However, he doesn't have the chest, and forgot to flash America with a wardrobe malfunction. Also, he's not engaging in the classic vote getting move of singing on his knees as if begging for votes.

Katherine wins, puts out some schlocky album that goes multi multi platinum, and fades into obscurity performing in a skimpy costume in an off broadway play.

--------------------

Posts: 1011 | From: Frisco, TX | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ali_marea
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ali_marea   E-mail ali_marea   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have to agree with Hazed. I love Taylor. He should win. I want him to win. But I think last year proved that the voting American public is stupid.

Katharine will win. [Frown]

(even though her final performance last night sucked bigger than I've ever heard her suck)

--------------------
28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, and 12 seconds. That is when the world will end.

Posts: 7158 | From: D.C. | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mr. Furious

quote:
Originally posted by ali_marea:
But I think last year proved that the voting American public is stupid.

As did, to a lesser extent, S2.

--------------------

Dogwater
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogwater   E-mail Dogwater   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
well, according to Dial Idol Taylor wins. I understand that they've been right each time throughout this season.

Say, did anyone feel awkward for Chris last night? It appeared as if he was ready for a little more banter than "you have a great seat. Take it".

ETA: I was wrong, the site has not been dead on, but close in that the bottom few vote-getters were accurate.

--------------------
As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Posts: 1679 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kathryn
We Three Blings

I say Taylor to win! But I will be watching Lost tonight [lol]

I will catch AI on the DVR [Smile]

Standard Disclaimer: If you change your vote, PM me- all votes must be in 15min before.

Kathryn

--------------------

Pamper yourself!

Kev
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kev   E-mail Kev   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm going with Taylor to win based on last night. I will not be surprised either way and I'm sure it will be close.

--------------------
Austin Stars Drum & Bugle Corps | Kev's MySpace

Posts: 1126 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sharon, way down South
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharon, way down South   E-mail Sharon, way down South   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I am going with the hometown guy. Taylor will win, if he doesn't there is no justice. It is crazy here in Birmingham, there are Go Taylor signs everywhere.

--------------------
Its seafood night, if you see it, you should eat it, cause I'm not cooking it.

Posts: 128 | From: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sue Bee
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sue Bee     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, this is as meaningless as voting blue in a red state, or red in a blue state, or something like that, but Taylor should win. Either way, they are both winners, blah blah blah barf.

Taylor wins in a landslide.

Posts: 1596 | From: Illinois | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Hazed
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hazed   E-mail Hazed   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Spoilers for west coast.....Spoilers for west coast.....Spoilers for west coast....Spoilers for west coast......Spoilers for west coast.....Spoilers for west coast.....Spoilers for west coast.....Spoilers for west coast.....Spoilers for west coast.....Spoilers for west coast.....Spoilers for west coast.....Spoilers for west coast....Spoilers for west coast.....Spoilers for west coast.....Spoilers for west coast......Spoilers for west coast.....Spoilers for west coast.....Spoilers for west coast.....Spoilers for west coast.....Spoilers for west coast....Spoilers for west coast......Spoilers for west coast.....Spoilers for west coast.....Spoilers for west coast.....Spoilers for west coast.....Spoilers for west coast.....Spoilers for west coast.....

There....that should (hopefully) be enough. Never have I been so happy to be wrong! (I know I said that when Kellie got kicked off but this time it's so much more). Go Taylor!! I wish him much success. For once, the best actually did win, (at least, IMHO).

Hijack, but I was pissed that Bo didn't make an appearance, (yes, I am still hung up on last year). I heard on bicesquad.net he was gonna be there and I was really looking forward to it. This may sound silly, but I almost feel like I was stood up.

Ha"Soul Patrol!"zed

Posts: 1128 | From: New York | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Spoilers for west coast.....Spoilers for west coast.....Spoilers for west coast....Spoilers for west coast......Spoilers for west coast.....Spoilers for west coast.....Spoilers for west coast.....Spoilers for west coast.....Spoilers for west coast.....Spoilers for west coast.....Spoilers for west coast.....Spoilers for west coast....Spoilers for west coast.....Spoilers for west coast.....Spoilers for west coast......Spoilers for west coast.....Spoilers for west coast.....Spoilers for west coast.....Spoilers for west coast.....Spoilers for west coast....Spoilers for west coast......Spoilers for west coast.....Spoilers for west coast.....Spoilers for west coast.....Spoilers for west coast.....Spoilers for west coast.....Spoilers for west coast.....

I watched one of the earlier episodes, and not again until tonight...

Meat Loaf b-l-e-w, and I am pretty sure Toni Braxton was lip syncing.

Prince, on the other hand, was freakin' amazing. I *heart* him, and I am glad he is still writing music to NFBSK to.

--------------------
"When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty."--George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 19266 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Towknie
We Three Blings

I've never been so happy to be proven wrong. I have renewed faith in the American people.

--------------------

Canuckistan

Icon 106 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 

Of the two, Taylor was definitely better. But tonight, Chris and Mandisa certainly were better than either finalist.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages