snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » About This Site » Announcements » Come visit our new home! (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Come visit our new home!
Em
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Em   E-mail Em   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Are you using the password you chose during registration or the activation code in the email?

Use your password, not the activation code (unless your activation link didn't work, in which case you will have to use the code, but that's well before the logging in stage).

ETA most of the post.

--------------------
What the NFBSK does YOMANK mean?

Posts: 1646 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
black roses 19
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for black roses 19   E-mail black roses 19   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah, I'm definitely using the password that I chose when I registered. I can't figure this out [Frown]

ETA: I requested a new password and now it's working....weird.

--------------------
"I find them to be in contradiction of the basic principles of YOUR MOM!!!" -We've Got Mail

Posts: 1361 | From: Muncie, IN | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spam & Cookies-mmm
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spam & Cookies-mmm   E-mail Spam & Cookies-mmm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Weird. The main page is still feeding the old board posts to the side bar, but the snopes community icon at the top leads to the new board. It's like the twilight zone here.

--------------------
Did you see the Announcement?
There's a new snopes message board!

Posts: 7767 | From: Paradise Ceded | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Signora Del Drago
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spam & Cookies-mmm:
Weird. The main page is still feeding the old board posts to the side bar, but the snopes community icon at the top leads to the new board. It's like the twilight zone here.

I think that's because snopes is trying to get everyone to move over to the new board. I still come read the new posts but try not to add to the threads very much. Face it, Kiddies, this board is going to be read-only before long, so it makes more sense to go to the new one and post interesting new things there, instead of here.

Actually, I just added this reply to bump the subject up to the top of Active Topics.
[fish] Okay, okay! I got it.

--------------------
"This air we're breathing. Oxygen, isn't it?"~I’mNotDedalus, impersonating Vincent D’Onofrio.|"Sometimes trying to communicate can be like walking through a minefield."~wanderwoman
"Give people a break. It's not easy doing a life."~Joshua Halberstam

Posts: 4020 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ali_marea
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ali_marea   E-mail ali_marea   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
heh, I just registered today... We've been busy and I'm now wondering if pinqy even knows that the board is moving. [Big Grin] Should I tell him? [Wink] (of course I will!)

So I keep trying to post and then I remember "oh yeah, still have to be approved" *grin*

I like the new board, though. Very cool.

--------------------
28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, and 12 seconds. That is when the world will end.

Posts: 7158 | From: D.C. | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Llewtrah
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Llewtrah   Author's Homepage   E-mail Llewtrah   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well I registered there and now I just have to wait to get to the front of the moderation queue and be approved. I better behave else Snopes will probably send me to the back of the queue .....

--------------------
Messybeast Cat Resource Archive
Llewtrah's Soapbox

Posts: 2040 | From: Chelmsford, Essex, England | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
happyholidaysfrog
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happyholidaysfrog   Author's Homepage   E-mail happyholidaysfrog   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
A new board to play on? I'm heading over there now.

--------------------
~All we see or seem is but a dream within a dream~
E.A.Poe

Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
~James Dean~

Posts: 516 | From: Anderson, Indiana | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I haven't truly been to Snopes since the 8th (it's been hectic at home, what can I say), and I'm spending all day here catching up, only to find I should be at the new Snopes, where I've had 3 "Happy Birthday" PMs waiting for me for days (Sorry I'm late in replying, guys!).

I suppose that should make me catch up in "We've Got Mail" a lot easier, a lot less ground to cover...

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snapdragonfly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snapdragonfly     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I got a tap on the shoulder (I don't catch on to what is going on around me sometimes) from a nice snopester and I'm registered at the new one now - just waiting for it to come through in my email.

I like new shiny stuff.

--------------------
"Wolves, dragons and vampires, man. Draw the nut-bars like big ol' nut-bar magnets." ~evilrabbit

(snurched because one of my nutbar family members is all about wolves and another one is all about dragons...)(with apologies to surfcitydogdad)

Posts: 2397 | From: Texarkana, TX | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nick Theodorakis
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nick Theodorakis   E-mail Nick Theodorakis   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It seems a lot of snopesters (even some regulars) have missed the announcement (I only saw it because it was on the first page of the "active topics" page, which is usually the first page I look at).

I suggest that if you don't see someone you know registered at the new site (and the new "Members List" page makes it easy to find people) to give them a friendly "tap on the shoulder" in case they didn't get the word.

Also, if you continue to post here on the old board, perhaps it would be helpful to include a link to the new board in your sig.

Nick

--------------------
Don't forget to register for the New ULMB.

Announcement here

Posts: 1089 | From: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Llewtrah

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Llewtrah   Author's Homepage   E-mail Llewtrah   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm there! I'm also here, but mostly I'll be there.

ETA: Except I am still unable to log in - my a/c has been validated, but I get an error message when trying to log in. Grrrr.

ETA2: I had to do the "lost password" routine in order to log in.

--------------------
Messybeast Cat Resource Archive
Llewtrah's Soapbox

Posts: 2040 | From: Chelmsford, Essex, England | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Signora Del Drago

Icon 217 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Bump to top of "Active Topics" page.

--------------------
"This air we're breathing. Oxygen, isn't it?"~I’mNotDedalus, impersonating Vincent D’Onofrio.|"Sometimes trying to communicate can be like walking through a minefield."~wanderwoman

Posts: 4020 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Horse Chestnut
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horse Chestnut     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks to a gentle fish thwack from Span&Cookies I just now became aware of the whole new board thing. I'm waiting for Snopes to hand me my keys to the kingdom.

Glad to know I can bring stressed hamster with me. I thought I was going to have to turn him loose in the woods and chose a new avatar from the board.

Posts: 1651 | From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Signora Del Drago

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Horse Chestnut:
Thanks to a gentle fish thwack from Span&Cookies I just now became aware of the whole new board thing. I'm waiting for Snopes to hand me my keys to the kingdom.

Glad to know I can bring stressed hamster with me. I thought I was going to have to turn him loose in the woods and chose a new avatar from the board.

He's too big. I'll resize it for you and send it to you in a PM.

--------------------

tagurit

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tagurit   E-mail tagurit   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I didn't make it in for the testing phase. I really thought if I gave it a few days the queue would be shorter and it'd go quicker. Well, maybe it is going quickly and I'm just impatient! [lol] At any rate, I'm #620 and there are 616 active members right now. So, I'm thinking I'm almost there.

--------------------
Explore, enjoy and protect the planet
---
AAMAH

Posts: 8532 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tagurit

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tagurit   E-mail tagurit   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Welcome to our newest member, Pork Chop

Pork Chop? Pork Chop is #650. tagurit is #620. *pout* You are going to just leave me here, aren't you?

*kicking a pebble with the toe of my shoe* It won't be so bad, I guess. There's lots of cat pics to keep me company....

ETA: I believe the user numbers are assigned after registration, and before approval. I'm just goofing around.

--------------------
---
AAMAH

Posts: 8532 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cinnamon
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cinnamon   Author's Homepage   E-mail Cinnamon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I haven't been on line much these last few days (I've been addicted to Civilization IV so swapping one addiction for another) so I had totally missed the announcement until someone kindly posted it in the letters thread. I've registered and am having a quick browse - it looks good so far. Waiting to be approved before posting over there though.

--------------------
My blog - a continuing obsession with my weight plus much randomness
My opinions on books, music, and other stuff

Posts: 845 | From: Gloucestershire, UK | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spam & Cookies-mmm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spam & Cookies-mmm   E-mail Spam & Cookies-mmm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
:hears distant sound of tagurit's application being moved to the back of the queue:

--------------------

Posts: 7767 | From: Paradise Ceded | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
James G.
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James G.   Author's Homepage   E-mail James G.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh dear, I had completely failed to notice the board move. I blame christmas, and my lack of proper access. A Wii is not best conductive to reading forums, and now I've nabbed my Mum's laptop I've made the jump.

See you on the other side.

--------------------
This is a public service announcement. The board is moving. Check Announcements Photos[/URL]

Posts: 1302 | From: Edinburgh, UK (Currently Nr. Swindon, UK) | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tagurit

quote:
Originally posted by Spam & Cookies-mmm:
:hears distant sound of tagurit's application being moved to the back of the queue:

*giggling madly*

--------------------
---
AAMAH

the Virgin Marrya
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Virgin Marrya     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
sigh. I'm a gonna miss the old place.

But the furniture in the new lounge is super-kewel!!

--------------------
Windows cannot open this file. To open this file correctly, defenestrate, then try running the file again...

Posts: 5383 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Malruhn
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Malruhn   E-mail Malruhn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I just registered. Are we supposed to be there forever, or are we just supposed to be beta-testers and try to break the durned thing?

I have some interesting plans if we are supposed to be testing the system! [lol]

--------------------
Opinions aren't excuses to remain ignorant about subjects, nor are they excuses to never examine one's beliefs & prejudices...

Babies are like tattoos. You see other peoples' & they're cool, but yours is never as good & you can't get rid of it.

Posts: 5622 | From: Jax, Florida | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nick Theodorakis
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nick Theodorakis   E-mail Nick Theodorakis   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Malruhn:
I just registered. Are we supposed to be there forever, or are we just supposed to be beta-testers and try to break the durned thing?

AFAICT, it is the new home, unless we find something really awful about it. And as time passes, it's looking less likely that we will turn up some bad bugs.

Nick

--------------------
Don't forget to register for the New ULMB.

Announcement here

Posts: 1089 | From: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Signora Del Drago

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Malruhn:

I have some interesting plans if we are supposed to be testing the system! [lol]

We've already pretty much tested it, I think, but go ahead and test more. It's better that potential problems are found sooner, rather than later, don't you think? You might cruise through the testing forum first, though. Some of your ideas may have already been covered. I think you'll like the new format. It's a lot faster and seems to be more user friendly. I've found myself waiting for a message to post, only to realize that it was already there. It's just about instant. I believe, since snopes opened it up to everyone, that it's going to be our new home forever, or until an upgrade is needed, whichever comes first. [Smile]

--------------------

Freshman
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Freshman   Author's Homepage   E-mail Freshman   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I actually like this board better, but meh. I'll join the other one too

--------------------
"High-Five!" - Borat

Posts: 1056 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spam & Cookies-mmm

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Spam & Cookies-mmm   E-mail Spam & Cookies-mmm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Freshman:
I actually like this board better, but meh. I'll join the other one too

Yeah, me too. The new posts feature is taking some getting used to. But it's not the software that makes this place so fun and interesting. It's the people. And they're going to be on the new board [Smile]

--------------------

Rebochan the Retail Reindeer
Good King Wal-Mart

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rebochan the Retail Reindeer   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well I belatedly signed up my new account at the New Place, and I'm having fun checking the boards until Snopes approves my account. So I'm half-migrated [Wink]

--------------------
"One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes

"Vote Republican! We won't burn you at the stake for your religious beliefs or slaughter your family and steal your land." -- Ramblin' Dave

Posts: 3555 | From: Florida | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Syllavus

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Syllavus     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Just waiting for the moderator to authorize me. [Smile]

--------------------
"That would be really dangerous, you know. Indiscriminately extricating someone from the petrified corpse of a supernatural creature." - My Husband

Posts: 4308 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LikeHeyScoob
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LikeHeyScoob   E-mail LikeHeyScoob   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Duh.
I hadn't been on in a couple of weeks...went on today and couldn't get my password to work. Then I couldn't get my email "recognised".
Then I sent a request to the administrator.
Then I found a link back here to the old ULMB, where I was still logged in.
Then I found this thread.
Then I went to the new ULMB and registered.
Then I felt really really stupid.

LikeHey"Stupid is as stupid does"Scoob

--------------------
Support you local community newspaper! CNN.com probably won't be covering your child's spelling bee.

Posts: 609 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Signora Del Drago

Icon 98 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LikeHeyScoob:
Duh.
I hadn't been on in a couple of weeks...went on today and couldn't get my password to work. Then I couldn't get my email "recognised".
Then I sent a request to the administrator.
Then I found a link back here to the old ULMB, where I was still logged in.
Then I found this thread.
Then I went to the new ULMB and registered.
Then I felt really really stupid.

LikeHey"Stupid is as stupid does"Scoob

Don't feel bad. You aren't the only one, but I must say, " [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] ."
Sorry, I couldn't help it. Your post was just too funny!  -

--------------------

Michigan Girl
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michigan Girl     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eddylizard:
Looks good, but one line in the "Edit Profile" page confused me:

quote:
Please contact the Administrator if your date of birth has changed.

Mother, Father, how could you have lied to me for so many years? [Confused]
When I started high school my dad had to type my year of birth on my hospital birth certificate, as I needed it to enter high school. Along with baby pictures that show me as very blonde, I always tease him that I don't think that's me lol.

Great new board.

--------------------
~ Yep, I'm in Michigan ~ My blog http://catsrule2k.blogspot.com/
I am not willing to give up my constitutional freedoms just because I have nothing to hide

Posts: 142 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
2ys4u
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2ys4u     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
How long does it usually take to get the activation email on the new board?

--------------------
"Guns and butter."

Posts: 966 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NeeCD
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NeeCD   E-mail NeeCD       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Everyone's time is different, since the approvals are being done by snopes, but lately they seem to be going through in a few hours. I went over on the first open day, and it still was only about 4 hours. Faster than the registration time for this board, at any rate. [Smile]

--------------------
I wondered why the Frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK!" and other lingo mean?

Posts: 1720 | From: Stafford Hamlet, OR | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
2ys4u
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2ys4u     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
ohh. It's been over 24 hours for me.

I can log in, but whenever I try to post or do anything it says I don't have permission to do that. [Confused]

--------------------
"Guns and butter."

Posts: 966 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spam & Cookies-mmm

Did you register as 2ys4u? I don't see that name on the member list.

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages